Billboard Charts (July 30-August 5, 2017)

iHype.

4 minutes ago, Willy. said:

That's not what I basically said, and even if that's what I meant, wouldn't that be a COMPLIMENT to Cardi that her first Billboard hit is a smashing success? 

Anyways, I'm not "Nicki fans", so I don't appreciate the generalization, LMFAO. I'm secure in my faves success, considering she's the best selling female rapper of all time. I don't know where Iggy came from, nor do I understand why she was even brought up when that was what, three years ago? 

If I said all Gaga fans hate Madonna/other successful current acts that would be a generalization, but unlike some, I have the intelligence to not generalize an entire fanbase over some people's actions :hughard: 

CbxGs-AUUAA_eci.jpg

Anyways... hope BY jumps to #13 next week ;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• UNNAMI

• brianc33710

• iHype.

5 minutes ago, ToxDuris said:

CbxGs-AUUAA_eci.jpg

Anyways... hope BY jumps to #13 next week ;)

I don't know why you're posting Missy, since Nicki has sold more records than her, LMFAO

But anyways, I do hope Bodak Yellow jumps into the Top TEN within the next few weeks. With the Rake It Up video dropping this week, I can't wait wait to see my two TRINI QUEENS prospering in the Top 20 together. 

The structure of “Bodak Yellow is Cardi's first hit/Billboard charting song, so it's going to have higher views than a song released by a group of established acts” indeed grammatically means that it has higher views because of being by a newbie.

If you used “yet” or “and” rather than “so,” maybe what you say is your point would have been expressed.

I can see both - Despacito and Wild Thots stomping on Mariah's records. The first one breaking the record and the following one making one step closer to Riri's 18 number ones (I speculate it's going to happen after 17th week of song's reign). Mariah in chart wise is definitely not safe, but records are meant to be broken, so... :eli:

8 hours ago, Destroun said:

They don't learned with ANTI era. :fan:

It's hilarious. So adamant and so invested in showing that Wild Thoughts never had a chance. Now it's chances are higher than ever before :lmao:

bodak yellow sounds straight outta 2013

I am not here for the Cardi vs Nicki shade that will happen. I was just reminded of what to expect this fall when cardis bodak yellow does peak.

they both like each other though so beef will be fanfic drama for kicks I guess.

wild thoughts better come through with that vma performance and discount. 

Git r done Rihanna and co feature.

2 minutes ago, Adrian said:

bodak yellow sounds straight outta 2013

Yeah I like it but am surprised because the production is quite hmmm used before but her sass and delivery and energy make up for it not being fresh or unexpected.

rooting for her but for now I'll go with top 5 with potential to go top 3 because there are certain months when seasons end and hits fall which give newer songs better peak potential. September/October along with Jan/feb and may are those months.

get that October peak cardi b:clap3:

9 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

Starboy - 1 week

Black Beatles - 1 week (6 weeks in 2016)

Bad & Boujee - 3 weeks

Shape Of You - 12 weeks

HUMBLE. - 1 week

That's What I Like - 1 week

I'm The One - 1 week

Despacito - 12 weeks

So 7 new #1 songs. But 8 if you count Black Beatles which started its reign in 2016.

That's interesting. The songs that hit 1 for a week are rnb/hip hop/rap and SOY and Despacito (12 weeks) are pop

11 hours ago, Green said:

Redbone is gonna get the Issues/Say you won't ley go treatment

and Cool for the Summer :dancehall2:

2 hours ago, Solarie said:

Bodak Yellow is horrible  :emofish:

:alexz:

27 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

That's interesting. The songs that hit 1 for a week are rnb/hip hop/rap and SOY and Despacito (12 weeks) are pop

Despacito [Remix] is actually Latin / Pop / Reggaeton, though...

QueenofCopyPaste
2 hours ago, Solarie said:

Bodak Yellow is horrible  :emofish:

Means it will be a hit :duca:

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Pretty sure Despacito is rap too, rap is a style and Daddy Yankee raps in Spanish.

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Those two are urban Influenced too. 

How well is Despacito going to hold up on iTunes over the next 3 weeks? Should be interesting

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, Fruity said:

How well is Despacito going to hold up on iTunes over the next 3 weeks? Should be interesting

Its clearly on its way out unless a discount happens

1 minute ago, Fruity said:

Well, it's not looking too good now. But we'll see.

As of today's Spotify update, Despacito's main version has fallen below 1 million for the first time since, who knows, and the second version below 300k. I'm thinking another 7-8% decrease next week.

Edited by One Nation

6 minutes ago, J-boy said:

Its clearly on its way out unless a discount happens

Yeh but is it gonna drop so hard to danger it's Billboard reign?

We are getting to the interesting part now that it's lead is disappearing on all metrics. :coffee: 

They are quite lucky there is no huge competitor on the rise

QueenofCopyPaste
13 minutes ago, Fruity said:

Yeh but is it gonna drop so hard to danger it's Billboard reign?

We are getting to the interesting part now that it's lead is disappearing on all metrics. :coffee: 

They are quite lucky there is no huge competitor on the rise

Depends on its decreases and Rihanna's increases..if she can fill in the 187 point gap in 3 weeks...I think they have a chance in 15th/16th week at #1 . Perfect time for that discount

1 hour ago, brainmaniac said:

Those two are urban Influenced too. 

No :rip:

2 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

No :rip:

They are, though. In Latin America, Despacito style is called reaggaeton and also urban.

shape of you has a dancehall beat, don't know if it can be defined as urban 

3 minutes ago, Ferret said:

They are, though. In Latin America, Despacito style is called reaggaeton and also urban.

shape of you has a dancehall beat, don't know if it can be defined as urban 

It's very clearly pop. With other influences.