Music Simulation Games | MWE: FM OUT NOW!

7,519 posts in this topic

its_britney_bitch

The chart run for Lauryn Luna's new single :rip:

USA: 12 - 1 - 52 - 3 - 43 - 12

WillieMonroe

Fml my singer disappear from my label r2s

Wambels

My tours and albums are keep disappearing for some reason .. that's already the second time :deadbanana4:

PoKiTaurus

I started a new game with Spyro but didn't realize I started at the wrong decade so now he's 11 years old at the start of his music career.

388043BootyPop1.gif

PoKiTaurus

Updates on Spyro's debut EP and single!

zOficcf.png?1

Spyro EP

Released February 22, 2010

Genre: Teen Pop

Producer: Max Martin

Writers: Spyro the Dragon, Julie Frost, Dan Wilson

Tracklist:

1. Try Everything

2. Inside of You

3. Life is a Party 

Debut sales: 49K

Total sales (2 weeks): 104K

Chart peaks:

US #31

AUS #17

CAN

FRA #19

GER #23

IRE

NZ #17

SWE #29

SWI #28

UK #22

eSZmPYl.png?1

Try Everything

Released March 1, 2010

Debut sales: 54K

Chart peaks:

US #53

AUS #29

CAN #85

FRA #43

GER #41

IRE #52

NZ #19

SWE #43

SWI #53

UK #49

Low key doing pretty good. I released a simple lyrics video and in 2 weeks it gained 600K views!

I'll make a music video, behind the scenes video, and 2-3 vlogs over a month's time period to earn from revenue from monetizing. 

After that, I'll move on to a stand alone single with a b side, make some more videos and by then I should have a decent budget for a 10 track debut album. 

I have about 14 written songs, so once I get ~$600K I'll make an album. 

Getting Max Martin was a HUGE mistake though. I'm practically broke, only got $200K. He's taking royalties, and was really expensive.  

ThirdWardBey

So I'm playing MWE and I'm trying to start a new album, but it's saying I have to release a contracted single before. there are no singles saying they have to be released under the new release screen :confused:

Honeyßéy
On 2/11/2018 at 11:54 AM, Wambels said:

My tours and albums are keep disappearing for some reason .. that's already the second time :deadbanana4:

are you talking about rS2? if so, that's the reason why i stopped playing.

it happened to me twice as well. 

Wambels
On 15.2.2018 at 11:43 PM, Honeyßéy said:

are you talking about rS2? if so, that's the reason why i stopped playing.

it happened to me twice as well. 

Yes, R2S.

This problem messed up my save so bad.

its_britney_bitch
On 10/02/2018 at 5:19 PM, its_britney_bitch said:

The chart run for Lauryn Luna's new single :rip:

USA: 12 - 1 - 52 - 3 - 43 - 12

Her new single went 2 - OUT :rip:

its_britney_bitch

What's the best game that's kinda like this but with movies and/or TV? I'm trying to decide between Showtime!, World of Cinema and Empire TV Tycoon. Preferably one with a RL mod

Holy Fool

Which of these are available on Mac besides Rebirth?

Hivy

We all died. :ahh:@Lukey  We waited for R2S and it killed all the hype. It got boring so fast jfc.

Hivy
On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:11 PM, its_britney_bitch said:

What's the best game that's kinda like this but with movies and/or TV? I'm trying to decide between Showtime!, World of Cinema and Empire TV Tycoon. Preferably one with a RL mod

I've seen the Empire TV Tycoon one and it looks god :eek:  Looks really complicated too

♢Diamond♢

Developed a fun sales database in excel that includes TEA & SEA, and a custom streaming formula. I just enter the pure sales and it auto-calculates the rest. Also had to make my own charting system cause the in-game one is NOT the tea :rip:

My 1989 era ENDED the other pop girls :alexz2:

25824424277_9bec060a36_b.jpg

Bad Blood cannibalized the two follow up singles by getting a random second wind :dies:

Re-released a live & deluxe edition 'cause I wanted that 4th Diamond plaque :fan:

25824424307_85c92909cd.jpg

Monky_2405
47 minutes ago, ♢Diamond♢ said:

Developed a fun sales database in excel that includes TEA & SEA, and a custom streaming formula. I just enter the pure sales and it auto-calculates the rest. Also had to make my own charting system cause the in-game one is NOT the tea :rip:

My 1989 era ENDED the other pop girls :alexz2:

Bad Blood cannibalized the two follow up singles by getting a random second wind :dies:

Re-released a live & deluxe edition 'cause I wanted that 4th Diamond plaque :fan:

25824424307_85c92909cd.jpg

This looks so interesting! :eek: are you willing to explain it better??

♢Diamond♢
1 hour ago, Monky_2405 said:

This looks so interesting! :eek: are you willing to explain it better??

It's a long process to set up, but gives a better overview of an era.

Spoiler

• Pure Sales are imported directly from MWE, from both the US & WW. 
  • The "F." means foreign sales, which is the sum of the WW sales minus US sales.
  • The "US%" & "F.%" represent the percentage of pure sales from each corresponding region.

• Streaming is calculated by multiplying the WW pure sales by 50.
  • Each lead single receives +50 points for streaming. So a lead singe released in 2007 had its WW pure sales multiplies by 100 to represent the streaming numbers (the subsequent singles were multiplied by 50). This is to represent the huge demand & hype most lead singles receive when an artist returns to the scene. and to make flop leads look better :fan:
  • Each year this number increases by two. So when I started in 2007 it was 50, 52 in 2008, 54 in 2009 etc. (the lead singles were multiplied by 100, 102, 104 respectively)

• The single SPS is done by multiplying the total streaming numbers by the percentage of sales. 
  • Example: Blank Space (Streaming = 675m)
  • Since 68% of its pure sales came from the US, 68% or 459m of those streams came from the US.
  • 459m / 150 = 3.06M streaming equivalent sales.
  • Then it simply adds the pure + streaming equivalents together to give me the total SPS for the single.
  • The formula is set up to only count US streams for US stats, and only "F." (foreign) streams for "F." stats.

• Album streaming is the total sum of all the single's streams multiplied by 1.25 (the 25% represents the album tracks not released as singles). Then simply use the album sales percentage ratios (just like with the singles) to calculate SEA
  • The streaming is divided by 1500 for SEA. 
  • TEA adds the sum of the pure sales from the singles & I personally divide by 50 instead of the industry standard 10 (this keeps the numbers from hyperinflation)
  • Add the TEA & SEA with pure sales and you get the total album SPS.

• RIAA 
  • To scan GOLD, a minimum of 400k SPS is needed.
  • To Scan Platinum a minimum of 700k SPS is needed. (1.7m SPS for 2X, 2.7m SPS for 3X, etc.)
  • I only include shipments for albums if at least 60% are sold & the total non-sold shipments do not exceed 50% of the pure sales.
  • @RIAA, take notes :celestial5:

• Charting is still very WIP with constant revisions.

38886393140_a494b587f6.jpg

• Right now it's based on total single SPS, with the threshold increasing each era with gaining popularity/sales.
  • IMO this is more accurate since MWE charting is based on sales. But it doesn't give you real time results. You wont know a chart peak until all the sales are in (unless it's a mega smash that easily surpasses the #1 threshold).  So basically this is just a Year End chart, something I just now realized :dies:

25826352167_7baf3d6f5f_n.jpg

• This system is more "real time", but only for the top 18.
  • The single has to sell "x" amount listed on the chart within that time frame to qualify for that chart position.

I had a really good radio chart in one of my old saves that was surprisingly accurate, I'm still working on a way to incorporate that into the BBH100 chart instead of being a standalone chart. The save also kept track of foreign certifications but that was doing TOO much, so I just went by the in-game ones. :cm:

That's basically the gist of it. It seems super complicated, I know. :dies:

I usually update the stats every 3-6 months (in-game)

But I've already set up the formulas. All you have to do is input the pure sales and the rest is auto-calculated

Jonathan

wow, we have a developer :jonny5:

give us the link sis

Monky_2405
On 8/3/2018 at 10:13 PM, ♢Diamond♢ said:

It's a long process to set up, but gives a better overview of an era.

Reveal hidden contents

• Pure Sales are imported directly from MWE, from both the US & WW. 
  • The "F." means foreign sales, which is the sum of the WW sales minus US sales.
  • The "US%" & "F.%" represent the percentage of pure sales from each corresponding region.

• Streaming is calculated by multiplying the WW pure sales by 50.
  • Each lead single receives +50 points for streaming. So a lead singe released in 2007 had its WW pure sales multiplies by 100 to represent the streaming numbers (the subsequent singles were multiplied by 50). This is to represent the huge demand & hype most lead singles receive when an artist returns to the scene. and to make flop leads look better :fan:
  • Each year this number increases by two. So when I started in 2007 it was 50, 52 in 2008, 54 in 2009 etc. (the lead singles were multiplied by 100, 102, 104 respectively)

• The single SPS is done by multiplying the total streaming numbers by the percentage of sales. 
  • Example: Blank Space (Streaming = 675m)
  • Since 68% of its pure sales came from the US, 68% or 459m of those streams came from the US.
  • 459m / 150 = 3.06M streaming equivalent sales.
  • Then it simply adds the pure + streaming equivalents together to give me the total SPS for the single.
  • The formula is set up to only count US streams for US stats, and only "F." (foreign) streams for "F." stats.

• Album streaming is the total sum of all the single's streams multiplied by 1.25 (the 25% represents the album tracks not released as singles). Then simply use the album sales percentage ratios (just like with the singles) to calculate SEA
  • The streaming is divided by 1500 for SEA. 
  • TEA adds the sum of the pure sales from the singles & I personally divide by 50 instead of the industry standard 10 (this keeps the numbers from hyperinflation)
  • Add the TEA & SEA with pure sales and you get the total album SPS.

• RIAA 
  • To scan GOLD, a minimum of 400k SPS is needed.
  • To Scan Platinum a minimum of 700k SPS is needed. (1.7m SPS for 2X, 2.7m SPS for 3X, etc.)
  • I only include shipments for albums if at least 60% are sold & the total non-sold shipments do not exceed 50% of the pure sales.
  • @RIAA, take notes :celestial5:

• Charting is still very WIP with constant revisions.

38886393140_a494b587f6.jpg

• Right now it's based on total single SPS, with the threshold increasing each era with gaining popularity/sales.
  • IMO this is more accurate since MWE charting is based on sales. But it doesn't give you real time results. You wont know a chart peak until all the sales are in (unless it's a mega smash that easily surpasses the #1 threshold).  So basically this is just a Year End chart, something I just now realized :dies:

25826352167_7baf3d6f5f_n.jpg

• This system is more "real time", but only for the top 18.
  • The single has to sell "x" amount listed on the chart within that time frame to qualify for that chart position.

I had a really good radio chart in one of my old saves that was surprisingly accurate, I'm still working on a way to incorporate that into the BBH100 chart instead of being a standalone chart. The save also kept track of foreign certifications but that was doing TOO much, so I just went by the in-game ones. :cm:

That's basically the gist of it. It seems super complicated, I know. :dies:

I usually update the stats every 3-6 months (in-game)

But I've already set up the formulas. All you have to do is input the pure sales and the rest is auto-calculated

This is... :jonny: 

Do you mind share the excel file with all the formulas already setted? This is truly amazing!

its_britney_bitch

Has anybody else edited a Wikipedia discography page and replaced it with your artist's discography? :jonny: I just did this, it's so fun. Just the albums, I don't have the energy to do singles :toofunny2:

Lauryn Luna:

NHeEI89.png?1

The Nation:

L2JpOkY.png

QjYd9m7.png

dussymob

Dead at Spyro...

What game do yall use for mac?

its_britney_bitch
3 hours ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Has anybody else edited a Wikipedia discography page and replaced it with your artist's discography? :jonny: I just did this, it's so fun. Just the albums, I don't have the energy to do singles :toofunny2:

Did Lauryn's singles. I can't believe she hasn't had any singles certified outside of the US, I mean she's had #1s in every other country (except the UK) :toofunny2:

1YqxgTn.png

3WVU2fc.png

nfO3uGg.png

RFk4CMa.png

its_britney_bitch

Can you release Christmas albums? I just sent Lauryn to record an album with Christmas and Holidays themes but I don't want it to be like a proper album

its_britney_bitch

The Golden Years era is over after 88 weeks and 11 singles :'(

its_britney_bitch

What happens when you change genre? I'm tempted to make Lauryn's next era R&B but I don't want to ruin her reputation