Chester Bennington's Biggest Billboard Hits

Green

02-linkin-park-2017-cr-James-Minchin-bil

Chester Bennington was at the forefront of nu metal's brief affair with the pop charts in the early 2000s as the non-rap vocalist for Linkin Park, one of the era's most successful bands.

In a career spanning more than two decades and beginning with Linkin Park's first charted title, "One Step Closer," in September 2000, Bennington -- who died Thursday (July 20) in Los Angeles of an apparent suicide -- reigned as one of rock's defining voices in the new millennium. That extended to his non-Linkin Park projects, including a two-year stint as frontman of Stone Temple Pilots, in Scott Weiland's absence, as well as side project Dead by Sunrise. (Weiland died Dec. 3, 2015.)

Here are Chester Bennington's top 10 hit songs on the Billboard Hot 100, all by Linkin Park:

1, "In the End," No. 2 peak, May 30, 2002

2, "Numb," No. 11, March 6, 2004

3, "What I've Done," No. 7, April 21, 2007

4, "New Divide," No. 6, June 6, 2009

5, "Shadow of the Day," No. 15, March 8, 2008

6, "Numb/Encore" (with JAY-Z), No. 20, Feb. 12, 2005

7, "Breaking the Habit," No. 20, Sept. 18, 2004

8, "Somewhere I Belong," No. 32, May 3, 2003

9, "Burn It Down," No. 30, May 5, 2012

10, "Waiting for the End," No. 42, Feb. 19, 2011

Chester Bennington's biggest Billboard Hot 100 hits are based on actual performance on the weekly Billboard Hot 100, through the July 29, 2017 ranking. Songs are ranked based on an inverse point system, with weeks at No. 1 earning the greatest value and weeks at No. 100 earning the least. Due to changes in chart methodology over the years, eras are weighted to account for different chart turnover rates over various periods.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7873812/chester-bennington-biggest-billboard-hit-songs

Edited by Green

6 minutes ago, chilicheese01 said:

What blocked In the End from #1?

"Ain't It Funny" by Jennifer Lopez and Ja Rule

I can't believe they never had #1 song.

2 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

I can't believe they never had #1 song.

#1s don't mean anything. 

6 minutes ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

#1s don't mean anything. 

true. especially when Ain't It Funny blocked it. both are legends and classics right now (in the end even being bigger classic than AIF)

2 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

"Ain't It Funny" by Jennifer Lopez and Ja Rule

@Ashanti ha power :clap3: 

--

Crawling also felt huge. I'm surprised it only peaked at 79. Saw it on MTV all of the time. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.