will we ever give up meat?

?   32 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• yes one day we will all be vegan
    • no we will eat meat until the planet is ruined

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 posts in this topic

meat eating is getting more unethical day by day

I'm sure we'll be eating really different things in the future. People don't realise how different the food we eat nowdays is compared to ~100 years ago.

I eat meat every single day and will do so until the day I die.

Just now, jezebelvictoria said:

you seem proud of that

I know i won't :michael: 

Just now, Dark Horse said:

you seem proud of that

I wouldn't say proud. It's just absolutely delicious. 

Nope, we are omnivores who depend on nutrients from both plants and other animals.

1 minute ago, Oxygen said:

Nope, we are omnivores who depend on nutrients from both plants and other animals.

we are also sentient technologically advanced beings that can come up with successful artificial solutions for natural problems

it's just not realistic

Just now, Mimie said:

it's just not realistic

.gif

12 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

You probably won't. Soy-based and root-based product are becoming more and more meat-like, the entire meat industry will shift to it once it becomes cheaper than meat. Also, the amount of methane gases cows create to feed our McDonald needs is ridiculous: global warming is a big side effect.

Maybe we can have synthetic meat or genetically modify animals so they can't feel emotions (and therefore, people don't feel guilty killing them for food).

No. keep your fake proteins and give me steak

well there are technologies coming up that are.... making meat scientifically, eliminating the death of animals

this will probably become a thing and soon our habits now will seem barbaric to people of the future 

once global warming intensifies and the earth starts to die even more THEN there will probably be controversial laws making

actual meat expensive or inaccessible. 

Just now, Cyattie said:

You probably won't. Soy-based and root-based product are becoming more and more meat-like, the entire meat industry will shift to it once it becomes cheaper than meat. Also, the amount of methane gases cows create to feed our McDonald needs is ridiculous: global warming is a big side effect.

Then I'll raise my own animals to eat.

1 minute ago, Mimie said:

it's just not realistic

the same can be said for achieving anything seemingly out of reach, like equality. doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Just now, sublimesapphire said:

well there are technologies coming up that are.... making meat scientifically, eliminating the death of animals

this will probably become a thing and soon our habits now will seem barbaric to people of the future 

once global warming intensifies and the earth starts to die even more THEN there will probably be controversial laws making

actual meat expensive or inaccessible. 

I have a feeling the shift will take place even in the next two decades. It will happen in our lifetime. And by what people are saying, it will taste exactly like the meat we're used to, or modified to taste better! :alexz:

No, how would I be able to have a hot body then? 

I certainly wont

tenor.gif

20 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

Which will probably be sooner than later if you're eating those chemically stuffed cows. :cm: 

Just now, Witch Privilege said:

Which will probably be sooner than later if you're eating those chemically stuffed cows. :cm: 

So be it. :alexz2:

I already did. 

XdZFcCH.gif

18 minutes ago, Cyattie said:

I applaud your elitist eminent environmentalist vegan attitude, but let's not get delusional. I don't know how many times I have to reiterate this: your issues with meat-eating are solely with the mass production of meat due to the industrial revolution - meat has been proven to have been a main contributor to our sentience, we've always had a love-eat relationship with animal's up until the 20th century, don't judge or criticise individuals for eating meat, critique the system instead.

5 minutes ago, keerbyriri said:

I applaud your elitist eminent environmentalist vegan attitude, but let's not get delusional 

Ok thanks yah,

In 2006, the livestock industry generated more greenhouse gases than transport: http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cow-emissions-more-damaging-to-planet-than-co2-from-cars-427843.html

And of course I'm discussing first world, it's not elitist at all, it's just a shift the meat industry will make once there's a cheaper alternative. Either way, we'll see what happens, remindMe! in a decade lol