Have you ever low-key clocked a homophobe?

21 posts in this topic

I'm sure most of us wouldn't pass the chance to EDUCATE a homophobe on premesis but have you ever had to be low-key about it?

I have. One time I remember was when my mom (who I'm still not out to) tried to make it seem like the Pulse victims had it coming. No way was I going to let that heifer just slide. I played the "little too harsh even as your "straight" son to say that" angle and that day I reminded her of the other sins in the bible, and the wholesome "vice-free" functions that they call strip clubs and regular nightclubs :)

Then one time, during a break at work, these straight guys just so happened to talk about how much of a terrible fathers they'd be to their kids if they found out that they're children were gay. One of them was all like "I believe it's a choice" and I tried to play "devil's advocate" by throwing in the receipt that scientists have actually said otherwise and hearing stories of pastor's children turning out gay refuted the notion. Needless to say, one of them wasn't having it saying...

zh0auCt.gif

"It's StiLl a MeNtAL IllneSs" :cm:

I unfriend people on Facebook that post homophobic things :cm:

Yeah I talk to my parents :oh:

Honestly, no I haven't. 

A closet? 

13 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I unfriend people on Facebook that post homophobic things :cm:

When same-sex marriage was ruled constitutional in the US in 2015 I had to unfriend like 10 people that day

honestly? constantly. im not really lowkey about it because im tired of it. 

No. I'm never lowkey when addressing racism, homophobia, misogyny, and other forms of ignorance. I put them in their place. **** ignorant people.

I have a co worker that is a devoted christian. She's deeeeeply conservative. The funny thing is that she sees herself as a very progressive being,

She knows im gay (not closeted here) and likes to talk with me about it. Always ends up saying things like "why the gay pride? We dont have a hetero pride" or " no need to be femenine" or "gays are finally part of society, can get married!!! They should stop complaining and playing the victim"

There is when i start telling stories about closeted gays living in denial, married with women, with kids. Fake storys. I make them up to mirror some aspects of her own unstable marriage. I know deep inside her insecurities are boiling..

"low key clocked":toofunny2:

in my mind? yes 

Yes, one time I was chatting to a co-worker on my lunch break and I casually dropped in "my partner" and when he clocked on my partner was another male, he seemed to visibly tense up. He asked a little bit about my boyfriend (only out of politeness I believe) and then said "who out of the two of you is the girl and who is the boy?". Anyone who knows me would know how much I hate this stupid small-minded logic. I was so exasperated, and simply said "Neither. Considering we're both boys and like boys, neither of us feel the need to 'act' like we're in a heterosexual relationship".He tried to persists in saying that surely in every homosexual relationship there is a 'male' role and a 'female' role because that's how a 'normal' relationship works. :ace:

It's ok because I ignore his homophobic ass now if we're on lunch break together, and whip a book open or something instead of talking to his small-minded self. 

OP, you sound like you're in a homophobic environment. Be careful OT: No, because I don't wanna expose myself :cm:

This guy at work tried to say the whole target trans rule was blown out of proportion by the LGBTQ community. and I clocked his ass about all those middle class southern redneck dads that said "I don't want no grown man in the bathroom with my little girl". ALSO I clocked him for saying that gay people wanna tap every straight guy. boy bye

Some rude old woman randomly told my boyfriend (on the subway) to cut his hair because it looked too feminine, and he replied by telling her that she looked poor. :rip:

Daily.

And nn at that Pulse story, I've experienced something similar. Everytime the news was brought up, my overly religious simple minded sister would say something like ''there are other terrible things in the world'' and ''stop bringing it up, **** happens''. Woo the way I went in on her and how I reminded her that the only reason she'd say something stupid like that is because she's clearly ignorant, hateful and tried to play it down because she is uncomfortable with gays. Reminded her good that her brother is a flaming homosexual. What your mom said was disgusting tho. If anyone in my circle would say something like that I'd throatpunch them.

Trash. :cm: 

I HATE that republicans are in control right now. They didn't even say anything about the 1 year pulse anniversary. Obama or even Hillary would have :lipton: These so called "Christians" are the worst most hateful people on earth. 

No but I've clocked several heterophobes on ATRL :eddie: 

2 hours ago, Suedehead said:

I have a co worker that is a devoted christian. She's deeeeeply conservative. The funny thing is that she sees herself as a very progressive being,

She knows im gay (not closeted here) and likes to talk with me about it. Always ends up saying things like "why the gay pride? We dont have a hetero pride" or " no need to be femenine" or "gays are finally part of society, can get married!!! They should stop complaining and playing the victim"

There is when i start telling stories about closeted gays living in denial, married with women, with kids. Fake storys. I make them up to mirror some aspects of her own unstable marriage. I know deep inside her insecurities are boiling..

gay mind games. I'm here for it. :clap3: 

Not really. The other way round actually. I'm clocked by a homophobe :priceless:

clocking them almost every week