Most Consecutive Weeks in the Top Ten of BB200 (after debut)

25 posts in this topic

Albums With Most Weeks in Billboard 200 Top 10 From Debut:

pub?w=480&h=360

 

MOST CONSECUTIVE WEEKS TOP TEN OF ALL TIME (BILLBOARD 200)

Weeks in Top 10, Title, Artist, Debut Chart Date

84Born in the U.S.A., Bruce Springsteen, June 23, 1984
7821, Adele, March 12, 2011
59Falling Into You, Celine Dion, March 30, 1996
54, 1989, Taylor Swift, Nov. 15, 2014

52Rumours, Fleetwood Mac, Feb. 26, 1977

 

RECENT ALBUMS (TOP TEN IN 2017):

Weeks in Top 10, Title, Artist

40, 25, Adele

33, 24k Magic, Bruno Mars

30, Views, Drake

18*, Divide, Ed Sheeran

18, Starboy, The Weeknd

16*, More Life, Drake

14, Lemonade, Beyonce

12*, DAMN, Kendrick Lamar

*Asterisk denotes that the album is still top ten 

 

 

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6745035/taylor-swift-1989-billboard-200-top-10

 

Bruno has just fallen out of the top ten after 33 straight weeks inside. Who do you think will be the next artist to last a year in the top 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

queen adele snatching  :clap3: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruno :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, was the "frontloaded" 25 really in the top 10 for 40 weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is The Bodyguard? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

Wow, was the "frontloaded" 25 really in the top 10 for 40 weeks?

:sistrens:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Born in The USA and Rumours are so good :clap3: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falling Into You and Celine Dion getting the respect they deserve :clap3: 

 

Didn't Come On Over and Fearless have some kind of record or was that just total non consecutive weeks in the top 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1989 :clap3:

 

a HUGE and iconic era!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Didn't Come On Over and Fearless have some kind of record or was that just total non consecutive weeks in the top 10?

Fearless fell out of the top ten after 20 weeks. It still spent 58 weeks top ten in total

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearless_(Taylor_Swift_album)#Commercial_performance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24K Magic :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BOMT did 52, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7821, Adele, March 12, 2011
59Falling Into You, Celine Dion, March 30, 1996
54, 1989, Taylor Swift, Nov. 15, 2014

52Rumours, Fleetwood Mac, Feb. 26, 1977

 

AOTY winners :clap3:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anti spent 32 consecutive weeks in the top ten as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jacob.23 said:

Albums With Most Weeks in Billboard 200 Top 10 From Debut:

pub?w=480&h=360

 

MOST CONSECUTIVE WEEKS TOP TEN OF ALL TIME (BILLBOARD 200)

Weeks in Top 10, Title, Artist, Debut Chart Date

84Born in the U.S.A., Bruce Springsteen, June 23, 1984
7821, Adele, March 12, 2011
59Falling Into You, Celine Dion, March 30, 1996
54, 1989, Taylor Swift, Nov. 15, 2014

52Rumours, Fleetwood Mac, Feb. 26, 1977

 

RECENT ALBUMS (TOP TEN IN 2017):

Weeks in Top 10, Title, Artist

40, 25, Adele

33, 24k Magic, Bruno Mars

30, Views, Drake

18*, Divide, Ed Sheeran

18, Starboy, The Weeknd

16*, More Life, Drake

14, Lemonade, Beyonce

12*, DAMN, Kendrick Lamar

*Asterisk denotes that the album is still top ten 

 

 

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6745035/taylor-swift-1989-billboard-200-top-10

 

Bruno has just fallen out of the top ten after 33 straight weeks inside. Who do you think will be the next artist to last a year in the top 10?

anti did about 30 -32 straight weeks in the top 10. why's it not here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Mr Boots said:

anti did about 30 -32 straight weeks in the top 10. why's it not here?

It didn't debut top ten. It debuted on exclusively on Tidal a day early. Tidal wasn't reporting the streams on that Thursday (like Jay Z's 444). That Thursday through the tidal exclusivity and the samsung deal, a glitch on Tidal put it on sale for a short period of time which allowed it to chart on the BB200 a week early (based mostly off of Work's sales).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jacob.23 said:

It didn't debut top ten. It debuted on exclusively on Tidal a day early. Tidal wasn't reporting the streams on that Thursday (like Jay Z's 444). That Thursday through the tidal exclusivity and the samsung deal, a glitch on Tidal put it on sale for a short period of time which allowed it to chart on the BB200 a week early (based mostly off of Work's sales).

oh ok. but considering that was due to a premature release and it went on to spend the next 32 weeks in the top 10, i think it deserves a mention. 32 weeks is pretty impressive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1989 with such great company :jonny4:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

33, 24k Magic, Bruno Mars/ pure sales: 996k

 

:clap3::cries:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Adele reign just won't let up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1989 :clap3: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites