HDD: Jay-Z 92k #1, Linkin Park #19 & #30

alexanderao

40 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

what you don't understand? LP is selling like crazy and they will reach #1 on billboard 200 next week, the week with Lana

How do you know that? 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• alexanderao

• iHype.

• umich

• BrooklynBoy

Just now, BGood2Me said:

How do you know that? 

I am fortune-teller

Hybrid Theory #19 with just a few hours of sales.:jonny2: 

Could it reach #1 next week?

It did better than One More Light, despite of One More Light charting higher on itunes yesterday.

EDIT: One More Light charted higher on sales but Hybrid Theory had bigger SPS.

Edited by Green

Something seems a bit off about their SPS chart. Aside from the albums that debuted last week & Witness which had a big ticket bundle boost last week almost every single album increased in units. 

The boosts hip hop & urban acts are getting from streaming is unreal. Most certainly the genre getting the most benefits by far. Its not a level playing field until all genres have caught up.

4 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

The boosts hip hop & urban acts are getting from streaming is unreal. Most certainly the genre getting the most benefits by far. Its not a level playing field until all genres have caught up.

And Latin albums don't sell as well as Pop albums. I guess album sales were never a level playing field.

3 minutes ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

It's mostly because most urban/rap fans don't buy music. They usually download it illegally. But, now that Spotify is a thing they can listen to free music legally that now counts towards the charts! That's why these rap songs are going 2x plat despite not even selling gold in pure sales.

Oh I know its cause the fans are cheap asses. I didnt wanna say it in case the ATRL SJW mob accuse me of racism.

sipsdrink.gif

3 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

Oh I know its cause the fans are cheap asses. I didnt wanna say it in case the ATRL SJW mob accuse me of racism.

sipsdrink.gif

80% of audio streams that count for Billboard 200 are PAID. Meaning they pay monthly subscriptions, which adds up to more paid on music per year than the average CD buyer.

3IZxIaK.gif

SJWs and the usual butthurt Drake stans I shoulda said.

sipsdrink.gif

5 hours ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

It's mostly because most urban/rap fans don't buy music. They usually download it illegally. But, now that Spotify is a thing they can listen to free music legally that now counts towards the charts! That's why these rap songs are going 2x plat despite not even selling gold in pure sales.

Yeah, like Tunnel Vision.....

On 7/18/2017 at 9:13 PM, Superpower said:

The top5 being 100% Urban. When was the last time this happened? :eek: 

---

wait at Coldplay slaying :jonny: 

Hopefully they release the physical in stores too

---

This isn't even the 10th time HDD has shaded Tidal. They are on Apple Music payroll :rip: 

Tidal deserves shading.

What I've been saying for ages...

It's mostly because most urban/rap fans don't buy music. They usually download it illegally. But, now that Spotify is a thing they can listen to free music legally that now counts towards the charts!

You have just explained–very concisely, I might add–how streaming data improved the accuracy of music charts (although, as iHype noted, most streams now come from paying subscribers).

9 hours ago, Rentboy said:

sipsdrink.gif

70% of rap listeners are white, so I'm going to accuse you of racism.

10 BRUNO MARS
24K MAGIC
ATLANTIC 9,838

Hmm. Not into the idea of #10 being below 10k. 

On 7/15/2017 at 2:33 PM, franklin said:

A Fad, they said :cm: 

Good for him even though he ain't **** for not putting it on spotify :cm: 

Who said that? It's Jay-Z. Atrl :deadbanana: 

Edited by Mattyboy

I thought the Linkin Park #19 was predictions for this week :skull:

That's insane. 12 hours.

On 22/07/2017 at 5:05 AM, AALIYAH DANA said:

Is this really true though? Rap fans are loyal af. They always go toe to toe for their fav. I feel like hip hop has always done well as a genre. 

12 hours ago, AALIYAH DANA said:

Maybe Rappers Like emniem. But most of the time rap albums are front load loaded.

That's a pop star 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.