Best of 2018 is now open! Read more... ×

Charlie Puth Threatened to Pull 'SYA' From 'Furious 7' if...

97 posts in this topic

umich

Well this is understandable. He was and up and coming artist, and he wanted the exposure. 

ViviDreams
1 hour ago, Butters said:

Never liked that song. Too sappy and snivelingly forced to me. Every second of it screams "round table of execs thinking how to make the biggest hit from an untimely celeb death". Paul Walker deserved better :shakeno:

What some people don't know is that Charlie wrote it primarily for his friend who passed away in 2012 from a motorcycle accident. The original is less poppy and quite beautiful. 

musicman101
2 hours ago, JCON said:

What about Rihanna? Can someone say NO! to her and snatch her songs? I don't think so. :fan:

Rihanna is the second highest certified female artist of all time. She's a proven pathway to success who started at the very bottom of the industry and worked her way to the Top over the course of 10+ years. That's a completely different story lol. Any songwriter who writes a song and Rihanna wants it? They'd probably stand behind her 100%, but lbr, Universal probably wanted to give See You Again to someone replaceable like Sam smith

britkneepopboi

Wow new artist or not, men have way more leverage and power in the music industry.

Had Bebe Rexha said that to David Guetta for not including her in the Hey Mama MV she'd be laughed at and probably never worked with again :skull: 

Cherish
On 7/14/2017 at 5:15 PM, ontherocks said:

next POTUS perhaps? 

Well he doesn't mind Trump so :cm: 

Winmill De Kwynn

I don't like him but I love how he stood for his right, fought his way to be on the industries. Congrats that he got famous from that.

RainDreamer
2 hours ago, britkneepopboi said:

Wow new artist or not, men have way more leverage and power in the music industry.

Had Bebe Rexha said that to David Guetta for not including her in the Hey Mama MV she'd be laughed at and probably never worked with again :skull: 

Not if she wrote the song,  they wouldn't be able to release it without her permission. I guess they would just have to go for another song.

And good on him , this is why artists who write their own songs are more respected :clap3:

Revenge
On 15/07/2017 at 0:53 AM, hardbrit said:

Did he prove anyone though? He has yet to have a solo hit :rip:

Attention is blowing up quite well tbh

britkneepopboi
1 hour ago, RainDreamer said:

Not if she wrote the song,  they wouldn't be able to release it without her permission. I guess they would just have to go for another song.

And good on him , this is why artists who write their own songs are more respected :clap3:

She did write the song, I just don't think it works the same for new female artists and new male artists 

T.O.A.D.S.
On 15/07/2017 at 0:49 AM, Green said:

I said, 'That's great. Your movie comes out in a week and I'm not gonna give you the song.' And I hung up the phone and when I said that miraculously I was in the music video."

A stan.

giphy.gif

Mariano
1 hour ago, britkneepopboi said:

She did write the song, I just don't think it works the same for new female artists and new male artists 

you don't understand tho, it's a totally different situation and song. 

It's about Fast and Furious when Paul died.  The song is beautiful + he threatened them 1 week before the movie was coming out and they needed to have the song READY literally in the same day. 

If the song wasn't as good and that good of a match for the situation etc.  he wouldn't have the power. 

He really did win, based on talent.   And it shows, the song is that huge, because of the heartfelt chorus - which is due to Charlie's songwriting etc.  

Bebe Rexha being bossy over Hey Mamma would've done NOTHING to her career and if it was Charlie that wrote that song, would've been the same :rip:  Especially considering there was a powerful produced (Guetta) in charge of the project, whereas with See you again, the song was already created etc.  by Charlie himself. 

FrederickSpears
On 7/14/2017 at 7:53 PM, hardbrit said:

One Call Away was a hit and Attention is doing great at radio and only getting bigger and will be a big hit soon :cm:

We Don't Talk Anymore was also a hit and his song and he was the lead, but since Selena's on it you prob won't count it.. even tho he had a hit with One Call Away first 

FrederickSpears

Watch the same people try to drag him :rip:

This was a smart move. If he wasn't in the video or on the song, most likely they would have just eventually dropped him or kept him in limbo for years. SYA put him out there and launched his career. He's super smart and now he's slaying :clap3:

OBEY
On 14/07/2017 at 7:53 PM, hardbrit said:

Attention rises at #15 on the billboard hot 100

top 5 on US iTunes

#16 on overall US radio audience.

:cm:

prézli
On 2017. 07. 16. at 2:22 PM, FrederickSpears said:

SYA put him out there and launched his career.

Oh god, why.