SJWs and non-SJWs, why do you hold your stance?

282 posts in this topic

Dear SJWs and anti-SJWs,

Why do you, or do you not, hold 'SJW' views? To what extent do you believe in SJW or anti-SJW views? How opposed are you to 'the other side'?

7qmo325.gif

I'm a SJW because I believe in standing for fairness and equity for all

What do you stand for @ks_dollar?

7qmo325.gif

7 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

7qmo325.gif

SJW ideology tends to revolve around 'feelings over facts', which is dangerous to progression to society. A recent example of this includes the Canadian non-binary parents that declared their newborn as legally 'genderless', forcing that baby into a life of incompatibility with normal social practices in society. I think it is a setback to science and humanity. Self-proclaimed SJWs tend to be aggressive and discriminatory against people who disagree with them and anybody who doesn't belong to a minority -- I believe that is unfair, hypocritical, and wrong.

7qmo325.gif

6 minutes ago, ks_dollar said:

SJW ideology tends to revolve around 'feelings over facts', which is dangerous to progression to society. A recent example of this includes the Canadian non-binary parents that declared their newborn as legally 'genderless', forcing that baby into a life of incompatibility with many other people in society. I think it is a setback to science and humanity. Self-proclaimed SJWs tend to be aggressive and discriminatory against people who disagree with them and anybody who doesn't belong to a minority -- I believe that is unfair, hypocritical, and wrong.

7qmo325.gif

Shouldn't a parent be free to raise their child how they desire? The state shouldn't be forcing a gender upon a child as you could argue it could throw the child into the exact same situation if they turned out to be transgender or non-binary in the future. That's not feelings over facts, it's just scalding hot tea and people pressed that someone is challenging a ridiculous and damaging social binary.

I find it interesting you have that perception of SJWs as Antis are the exact same except they do it towards oppressed minorities 

7qmo325.gif

13 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

7qmo325.gif

That's not really an SJW though 

That's just a decent person

I hate SJWs because they focus on minor to non existent things, they are a threat to free speech, and they are ****ing violent. 

I personally stand for liberty and equity and, most importantly, empathy and recognize that there's systems in place that need urgent, immediate, and continued dialogue and confronting about them to pushback on the harm they do to the marginalized. :celestial5:

The thing is that SJWs don't really exist.

They're a hypothetical punching bag created by the right and are used to tag anything "ridiculously Liberal" and attach it to the left side of politics as if the whole side associates with it.

The truth is that SJWs are more an idea than an actual reality and the way in which they have become excessively used and weaponised is a deliberate political tool to polarise and mobilise excessively aggressive right wing movements against the left.

7qmo325.gif

8 minutes ago, T.C said:

I hate SJWs because they focus on minor to non existent things, they are a threat to free speech, and they are ****ing violent. 

Yeah, this sums it up.

A bunch of privileged white teenagers bullying people into apologizing for being privileged white adults because they said something that didn't sound right to them is just not something I can support.

5 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

The thing is that SJWs don't really exist.

They're a hypothetical punching bag created by the right and are used to tag anything "ridiculously Liberal" and attach it to the left side of politics as if the whole side associates with it.

The truth is that SJWs are more an idea than an actual reality and the way in which they have become excessively used and weaponised is a deliberate political tool to polarise and mobilise excessively aggressive right wing movements against the left.

7qmo325.gif

SJW is basically a snarl word now. 

It's meaningless. 

"SJW"

"intolerant Left"

"Cultural Marxist"

"Regressive Left"

None of these phrases mean anything. 

18 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

Shouldn't a parent be free to raise their child how they desire? The state shouldn't be forcing a gender upon a child as you could argue it could throw the child into the exact same situation if they turned out to be transgender or non-binary in the future. That's not feelings over facts, it's just scalding hot tea and people pressed that someone is challenging a ridiculous and damaging social binary.

I find it interesting you have that perception of SJWs as Antis are the exact same except they do it towards oppressed minorities 

7qmo325.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

Explain.

The term SJW exists so that you can separate normal left wing individuals (such as myself) from this breakway faction that fundamentally seeks to undermine left-wing ideology by hampering free speech (making misgendering a hate crime), focusing on relatively unimportant issues (misgendering vs being thrown off buildings in third world countries for being LGBT+) and actually creating hostility.

SJW/regressive left aren't terms created to criticise the entire left wing, they're terms made to separate the crazies (regressive left) from the progressive left.

23 minutes ago, Wonderland said:

Shouldn't a parent be free to raise their child how they desire? The state shouldn't be forcing a gender upon a child as you could argue it could throw the child into the exact same situation if they turned out to be transgender or non-binary in the future.

7qmo325.gif

The baby should be the only person making decisions about their gender identity. These decisions are massive and life-changing; parents forcing them on their babies is so wrong because it forces, and manipulates, these babies into a life that they may never naturally agree with. These babies wont be able to understand or explain the logic behind their gender identity because it is such a complicated issue. You see, people only start to think and make sense of it as late teenagers/adults -- so it is absolutely ridiculous to think that babies/children are developed enough to understand this complexity. They will not be able to comprehend the logic behind their wacky gender identity until they are an adult. So, instead of forcing complicated ideas on babies that only adults should be worrying about, let babies be babies, and let them figure out these decisions when they are actually capable of doing so.

Because the baby will grow up being incredibly different from their peers, and unable to make sense of their gender identity, their social skills will be severely impacted as they are forced into a life that is very secluded and different from their peers. 

I usually brush off or just laugh at SJW logic, but this issue makes my blood boil because of the idiocy behind it and devastating longterm effects on unwilling human babies. 

5 minutes ago, lodylody said:

The term SJW exists so that you can separate normal left wing individuals (such as myself) from this breakway faction that fundamentally seeks to undermine left-wing ideology by hampering free speech (making misgendering a hate crime), focusing on relatively unimportant issues (misgendering vs being thrown off buildings in third world countries for being LGBT+) and actually creating hostility.

SJW/regressive left aren't terms created to criticise the entire left wing, they're terms made to separate the crazies (regressive left) from the progressive left.

This. 

6 minutes ago, Cas said:

Are you actually comparing a botched circumcison to real trans youth? :rip:

Circumcision shouldn't exist as a practice at all, but because children deserve bodily autonomy, but that same principle means trans children deserve the autonomy to be empowered to identify as trans and not be fed cisnornativity. 

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Circumcision shouldn't exist as a practice at all, but because children deserve bodily autonomy, but that same principle means trans children deserve the autonomy to be empowered to identify as trans and not be fed cisnornativity. 

They aren't real trans youth if they're literally told they're genderless. That's a decision of the parents and is anything but the child's choice.

the main problem with them (sjw's)  is that they nit pick which is annoying  

1 minute ago, lodylody said:

They aren't real trans youth if they're literally told they're genderless. That's a decision of the parents and is anything but the child's choice.

There's a big difference is saying to a child their gender is theirs to decide and figure out and claiming a child is agender, which is a label in itself. It's totally fine to normalize to children that gender is a evolving concept and that they can pick what they want. It's not wrong to claim a child's gender is a blank slate for them to fill in. 

"SJW ideology tends to revolve around 'feelings over facts', which is dangerous to progression to society."

:rip:

18 minutes ago, lodylody said:

please educate yourself what free speach is.

also you cannot really criticize SJWs for focussing on the problem of misgendering and judge them for not speaking up against other inequalities, instead you do the first step, because by your logic  then nobody should talk about anything then because there are always other problems.

21 minutes ago, ks_dollar said:

The baby should be the only person making decisions about their gender identity. These decisions are massive and life-changing; parents forcing them on their babies is so wrong because it forces, and manipulates, these babies into a life that they may never naturally agree with. These babies wont be able to understand or explain the logic behind their gender identity because it is such a complicated issue. You see, people only start to think and make sense of it as late teenagers/adults -- so it is absolutely ridiculous to think that babies/children are developed enough to understand this complexity. They will not be able to comprehend the logic behind their wacky gender identity until they are an adult. So, instead of forcing complicated ideas on babies that only adults should be worrying about, let babies be babies, and let them figure out these decisions when they are actually capable of doing so.

Because the baby will grow up being incredibly different from their peers, and unable to make sense of their gender identity, their social skills will be severely impacted as they are forced into a life that is very secluded and different from their peers. 

I usually brush off or just laugh at SJW logic, but this issue makes my blood boil because of the idiocy behind it and devastating longterm effects on unwilling human babies. 

good, then let's raise children gender-neutral until they decide what they like. :)

glad you're concerned about the long-term effects gender-neutral raising has on poor lil babies. too bad there aren't any reasons and long-term studies that would suggest you to be concerned in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Brunette Ambition said:

please educate yourself what free speach is.

also you cannot really criticize SJWs for focussing on the problem of misgendering and judge them for not speaking up against other inequalities, instead you do the first step, because by your logic  then nobody should talk about anything then because there are always other problems.

Sis you can't even spell free speech.

7qmo325.gif

Also, my point is that you should focus on the worst issues (such as people genuinely facing persecution for being a minority) before we turn to tiny little things that most people of an average mental stability can handle (such as microaggressions).

Just now, lodylody said:

Sis you can't even spell free speech.

7qmo325.gif

Also, my point is that you should focus on the worst issues (such as people genuinely facing persecution for being a minority) before we turn to tiny little things that most people of an average mental stability can handle (such as microaggressions).

:rip: hihi

different people can focus on different things. i don't see the problem in speaking up whats wrong in our society.

many SJWs i see speak up against every injustice. yet ive never seen a centrist or right-wing person speak up about the gay concentration camps in russia.

Just now, Brunette Ambition said:

:rip: hihi

different people can focus on different things. i don't see the problem in speaking up whats wrong in our society.

many SJWs i see speak up against every injustice. yet ive never seen a centrist or right-wing person speak up about the gay concentration camps in russia.

Maybe you haven't, but the discussion isn't about left vs right. It's a discussion about different ideologies within the left, of which the SJW-mindset is one.

SJWs make injustices where there are none. For example, manspreading is not an example of misogyny and sexual abuse, it's an example of a lack of consideration

21 minutes ago, Communion said:

He was born male, than he transitioned into a female. However his biogical sex actually determined his gender, regardless of the environment (he was treated like a girl, had a female name, etc).Despite all of that he still felt more like a boy. This case is the perfect example of genetics Vs environment and only further proves that gender is determined by the sex and it's not entirely a social construct.

6 minutes ago, Cas said:

He was born male, than he transitioned into a female. However his biogical sex actually determined his gender, regardless of the environment (he was treated like a girl, had a female name, etc). This case is the perfect example of genetics Vs environment and only further proves that gender is determined by the sex.

...or he was a CIS man who was falsely re-assigned sex due to a cultural practice like circumcision that should be antiquated.

Are you actually comparing a parent saying they don't assign their child a gender to an awful practice like circumcision? :rip:

I think labeling a child agender is redundant and as silly as labeling a child who does not know yet their sexuality asexual; both agender and asexuality are not question marks, they are identities in themselves. It's 100% fine, however, for a parent to not assign a gender or sexuality to a child and let said child figure it out; if a paren said "I don't know my child's gender" just like one would say "I don't know my child's sexuality," many of the same people would still be calling it abusive or harmful or "SJWs at work". Even when the power is in the child's hands, many of the same anti-SJWs take issue with combatting cisheteronormativity.