Majority of Republicans now think college is bad

158 posts in this topic

Has America hit peak anti-intellectualism?

Aside from the election of Donald Trump, a businessman born into wealth whose only notable expertise is in reality television, there is now more evidence that the right-wing’s long game of denigrating U.S. institutions to reshape political discourse is succeeding. A new Pew Research Center poll released on Monday revealed that there is one U.S. institution perceived through a larger partisan divide than even the media: It’s college.

For the first time, a majority of Republicans think that colleges and universities have a negative impact on the country. Fifty-eight percent say that colleges “are having a negative effect on the way things are going in the country,” according to Pew. In other words, the Wall Street banks are more popular with Republican voters than Stanford, Harvard or the University of Akron.

Democrats and independents who lean Democrat, on the other hand, continue to hold a positive attitude toward such institutions, with 72 percent saying they approve of higher education.

x

2 minutes ago, midnightdawn said:

Fifty-eight percent say that colleges “are having a negative effect on the way things are going in the country,”

They think that liberals use college to indoctrinate people. My father is like this. 

I'm glad people with common sense know that this is a crock of **** :skull: the only thing bad about higher education in the US is the financial ruin 

Trump University?

Students can get eaten by grizzly bears there, so I'm told. School is dangerous. 

In an era where world leaders openly attack facts and science, this isn't surprising.

If republicans don't want healthcare, education, or a habitable planet, I say we let them have what they want.

IsqReNF.gif

America is so divided and different. They should honestly just split into 2 different countries

You know, the rest of the world already thinks America is dumb

27 minutes ago, blaggot said:

I'm glad people with common sense know that this is a crock of **** :skull: the only thing bad about higher education in the US is the financial ruin 

Republicans? Common sense?

Maybe they should all get grabbed by the ***** in Trump U, maybe they'll be happy that way. 

Oh wait, they can't, it's been closed due to SCAM! 

Well obviously because they didn’t go to college themselves :ahh: Poor them! Must be hard not understanding science and believing in religious fairytales and awaiting life after death

32 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

They think that liberals use college to indoctrinate people. My father is like this. 

Young people are impressionable...so it does hold some truth.

I can't tell you how many liberal professors try to push their political viewpoints on their students.

When they try that crap on me, they soon regret making that mistake. :toofunny3:

5 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Well obviously because they didn’t go to college themselves :ahh: Poor them! Must be hard not understanding science and believing in religious fairytales and awaiting life after death

Is it really necessary to make your point by attacking religious beliefs here? Not a good look.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Better believing in that, than believing in some black cold abyss of nothingness awaiting for you.

:michael:

It's pretty hard to be a republican when you aren't close minded and uneducated. Unless you're greedy and don't care about anyone other than yourself.

5 minutes ago, RihsusChrist(ATG) said:

Young people are impressionable...so it does hold some truth.

I can't tell you how many liberal professors try to push their political viewpoints on their students.

When they try that crap on me, they soon regret making that mistake. :toofunny3:

The Kellyanne Conway avatar makes this post all the more ironic :dies:

3 minutes ago, RihsusChrist(ATG) said:

Better believing in that, than believing in some black cold abyss of nothingness awaiting for you.

:michael:

I guess you could live in fantasy and not reality if you want to :michael: 

12 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

The Kellyanne Conway avatar makes this post all the more ironic :dies:

People should be able to go get an college education without being bombarded with liberal political indoctrination.

11 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

I guess you could live in fantasy and not reality if you want to :michael: 

Enjoy your miserable non existent afterlife then. :)

2 minutes ago, RihsusChrist(ATG) said:

Enjoy your miserable non existent afterlife then. :)

I will enjoy my life right now while I’m alive :) 

9 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

I will enjoy my life right now while I’m alive :) 

giphy.gif

They claim it's about 'indoctrination' but they don't seem to have a problem with churches or sketchy ass news sources like Fox News and Breitbart. 

:rip:

A new low

Enjoy being uneducated and uncultured hunties :gaycat4: