Star Trek: Discovery: Season 2

212 posts in this topic

Season finale tonight, will we see Picard as the new captain for S3 or are they really giving us a one season Picard show? :jonny5:

"Leland! We were just talking about you. Everybody hates you. Congratulations!  "

Georgiou with the drags :jonny5:

I’m a little upset they didn’t show where Discovery actually went. I feel like they want it to be a surprise though. 

Also, Georgiou didn’t kill “control”. She simply immobilized it with the magnetic force. After someone made that theory about Discovery going back in time and causing the creation of The Borg, I kinda realized that Georgiou kind of gives me Borg Queen vibes. Right now she’s the closest one to the actual nano bots and she had that door propped open a bit. Could they be going down that route? 

2 hours ago, dperkins said:

I’m a little upset they didn’t show where Discovery actually went. I feel like they want it to be a surprise though. 

Also, Georgiou didn’t kill “control”. She simply immobilized it with the magnetic force. After someone made that theory about Discovery going back in time and causing the creation of The Borg, I kinda realized that Georgiou kind of gives me Borg Queen vibes. Right now she’s the closest one to the actual nano bots and she had that door propped open a bit. Could they be going down that route? 

Don't think so, cuz she's getting her own spinoff series with Section 31

6 hours ago, BadMonster said:

Don't think so, cuz she's getting her own spinoff series with Section 31

Oh I didn’t know that! 

ok but bitch, what was the point of jumping to the future if they took Control with it anyway??????

I thought the entire point was to jump to the future and leave Control behind

OWNU4jU.gif

Also, Georgiou is a bad bitch.

OWNU4jU.gif

13 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

ok but bitch, what was the point of jumping to the future if they took Control with it anyway??????

I thought the entire point was to jump to the future and leave Control behind

Also, Georgiou is a bad bitch.

I think Control's been neutralized, but it might have a back up somewhere... Seeing as Spock knows to what year they (supposedly) jumped, I'm ready for the Federation to await the Discovery and blast it into a billion little pieces the moment it comes through the wormhole :fan: Wouldn't be surprised if there is no federation in the future tho... I hope the writers realize Michael's mom won't be there cuz she jumped into a future where Control destroyed all sentient life and this Discovery jumped into another timeline.

Not sure why they didn't use the Klingon's cleaver ship to destroy Discovery tho and there were soooo many plotholes :deadbanana4: Discovery's shields were already down when Spock said Discovery would get destroyed if they had to take their shields down to beam him aboard, cuz Tilly was fixing them :rip:

Yeah, Discovery was on the verge of being destroyed which is what they wanted to do in the first place. Why didn't they just let it get destroyed and be done with it?

OWNU4jU.gif

I think they were looking for a way to tie things up and better align them with canon. Plus, this way, they're basically free of any canon for season 3.

OWNU4jU.gif

42 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Yeah, Discovery was on the verge of being destroyed which is what they wanted to do in the first place. Why didn't they just let it get destroyed and be done with it?

I think they were looking for a way to tie things up and better align them with canon. Plus, this way, they're basically free of any canon for season 3

Yeah, they probably just wanted to make sure something like all sentient life being destroyed would never happen because of Discovery or the Federation and the tech of the spore drive etc needed to disappear once and for all as well

Well, we don't know where they'll end up. If they end up 930 years into the future it'll probably be the furthest they've gone? Not sure how the Short Trek Calypso ties into this tho, cuz that one said Discovery was ordered to wait for a thousand years and the Federation seemed to no longer exist. It's gonna be an interesting season premiere :jonny5:

THIS SEASON WAS SO GOOD

I was convinced Control was going to be the Borg origin. i liked that they had a more traditional looking klingon on the ship which ties that up kinda and those visuals :jonny5: