Justin Bieber is the Biggest Popstar of the Decade

256 posts in this topic

How does this make you feel, ATRL?

Edit: Justin Bieber will effortlessly snatch Mariah's record for the longest running US #1 of all time, a song he doesn't even know how to sing. 

He just can't seem to lose

Taylor, Adele and Rihanna are all bigger. Hell, even Katy is arguably bigger overall this decade.

Adele is the biggest ARTIST of the decade. No question. But is she really a popstar? Ehhh.... not really

Bieber is the Britney Spears of this decade. Everyone and their grandma knows who he is. Countless smashes, the top 2 biggest hits of 2016, the biggest song of 2017 just by jumping on a remix (which he doesn't even know how to sing), has the most platinum albums of any male artist this decade, 5 billboard #1 albums, 5 Billboard #1 singles, he doesn't have to promote anything because everyone eats him up. Hops on every generic EDM song and BOOM instant Top 10. His legacy transcends his music. He had the biggest high profile relationship of the decade, he can literally be eating an apple or picking his nose and it'll make headlines, he could run over one of his fans and call his next album "I Hate My Fans" and it would go platinum in two weeks. Had his breakdown in 2013-2014 and the media was all over it. 

I'm sorry but all the signs are there. It's time we accept the truth instead of trying to deny it. He's only 23 and he's just getting bigger. He'll outlast Taylor, Rihanna, Katy, Gaga, and maybe even Adele at this point

Just now, Raster said:

Taylor, Adele and Rihanna are all bigger. Hell, even Katy is arguably bigger overall this decade.

lol, good joke

2 minutes ago, jezebelvictoria said:

A few quick hits don't make him the biggest.

quick hits? he's been consistent in singles, albums and touring for the past 8 years. he's only gotten bigger when you factor in streaming, merch and overall impact

Nah, he's constantly succesful, but Adele ended him on the album department, i mean, 21 alone outsold Bieber's entire discography

Just now, zayngomez said:

lol, good joke

how was that a joke :rip:

he doesn't even come CLOSE to Adele, Taylor and Rihanna.

3 minutes ago, musicman101 said:

Adele is the biggest ARTIST of the decade. No question. But is she really a popstar? Ehhh.... not really

Bieber is the Britney Spears of this decade. Everyone and their grandma knows who he is. Countless smashes, the top 2 biggest hits of 2016, the biggest song of 2017 just by jumping on a remix (which he doesn't even know how to sing), has the most platinum albums of any male artist this decade, 5 billboard #1 albums, 5 Billboard #1 singles, he doesn't have to promote anything because everyone eats him up. Hops on every generic EDM song and BOOM instant Top 10. His legacy transcends his music. He had the biggest high profile relationship of the decade, he can literally be eating an apple or picking his nose and it'll make headlines, he could run over one of his fans and call his next album "I Hate My Fans" and it would go platinum in two weeks. Had his breakdown in 2013-2014 and the media was all over it. 

I'm sorry but all the signs are there. It's time we accept the truth instead of trying to deny it. He's only 23 and he's just getting bigger. He'll outlast Taylor, Rihanna, Katy, Gaga, and maybe even Adele at this point

:ace: She's does POP music from the pop genre, she's a pop star...

1 minute ago, alexis said:

quick hits? he's been consistent in singles, albums and touring for the past 8 years. he's only gotten bigger when you factor in streaming, merch and overall impact

Quick hits. 

Just now, ArianadelRey said:

Nah, he's constantly succesful, but Adele ended him on the album department, i mean, 21 alone outsold Bieber's entire discography

Adele is like a tomato -- in the sense that it's both a fruit and a vegetable. She could be considered a popstar, but she's really an artist. 

I'm talking about POPSTARS. People who are largely products of the mainstream music industry and have little to no control over their music and career. Manufactured to the max. And Bieber is the most successful of them and the evidence is there to support this claim

hqdefault.jpg

Male, yes. In general, no. That would be Adele.

1 minute ago, Yog said:

:ace: She's does POP music from the pop genre, she's a pop star...

You are missing the point my dear friend

15 minutes ago, musicman101 said:

How does this make you feel, ATRL?

Biggest male pop star, yes