Condolences to our New Zealand & Muslim members affected by the Christchurch mosque shootings Read more... ×

RuPaul's Drag Race | Season 11: Tacky, The Rusical

169,433 posts in this topic

Superpower

the fandom is mean but Plastique was making excuses and bad ones. She deserves some lashings but doesnt deserve to be dragged and most importantly, she shouldnt be the only one to get heat.

I know a lot of people who dont know anything about Pop culture but they are not on drag race. As a drag queen, it’s your job to be on top of these things. 

TheOnlyOne
7 minutes ago, getback said:

gurl shut the **** up

she said she only knew about it until 4 years ago. 4 years is not enough time to get educated on all the American pop culture. she's not clueless but she didn't have enough knowledge about that and how is that an excuse? WHAT ABOUT OTHER AMERICAN BORN BITCHES THAT WERE AS CLUELESS AS HER?

also last time I checked what they're screening is for CHARISMA, UNIQUENESS, NERVE AND TALENT, not ****ing knowledge about what Mariah's 5th #1 is

The way you get riled up like a child :rip:

It looks like you need to check what they're screening for again cause Ru has always expected the girls to have a base knowledge of pop culture reference way back to the first season. The entire show is built around pop culture. For example, since some of ya'll are a tad slow: last week, this week, AND next week's challenges center on it.

Ya'll really do the absolute most. 

getback
1 minute ago, Superpower said:

the fandom is mean but Plastique was making excuses and bad ones. She deserves some lashings but doesnt deserve to be dragged and most importantly, she shouldnt be the only one to get heat.

I know a lot of people who dont know anything about Pop culture but they are not on drag race. As a drag queen, it’s your job to be on top of these things. 

FOR THE LAST ****ING TIME, THAT'S NOT A BAD EXCUSE. AND THAT'S NOT EVEN AN EXCUSE.

that's the living truth of so many immigrants. but of course most of you bitches are too ****ing ignorant to understand that. 

tell me, how the **** can she know about all things American pop culture when she has only being exposed to it for 4 years? when there're AMERICAN BORN hoes who were as clueless as her?

that's NOT her job to be on top of these things. she should know, but that's not a job requirement. bottom line, cut and dry

dperkins

She isn’t saying she doesn’t know anything about Pop culture. She said she doesn’t know much prior to 4 years ago. Meaning she only knows recent stuff. If she was sheltered until about 4 years ago, do you think she’s gonna learn about Mariah’s catalog from 15-20 years ago? Lmao. No. Y’all are crazy. It also doesn’t help that most of the pop divas have been flopping for the last 3-4 years, so she wouldn’t have many references for pop divas that are celebrated enough to be used in this type of challenge. Girl is learning about pop culture from 2015-2019, not **** from the 90s. 

MJHolland

akeria :jonny5:she looked stunning .  A RunWAY Queen who lets her runways speak for itself :siptea:

Really enjoyed plastique this episode o thought she was funny lol 

and vanjie 

honey looked great also 

yvie , ok I’m not gonna lie . I have a jellyfish runway design and would’ve done a jellyfish runway too :rip: so points for cool ideas but of course being nitpicky just being honest 

her execution of her looks are kind of a boner kill to me :katie: I would’ve appreciated it more if it was a ball look/design challenge but your telling me your prepared a umbrella and pink toilet paper for the main stage? Not next level 

and why was she so bothered by what silky was saying :rip: girl was it that serious. Of course I’m not surprised she went from episode 1 nodding when the girls said silky was extra and annoying to heatedly defending silky against them to coming at silky :spin:  What a phony

getback
1 minute ago, TheOnlyOne said:

It looks like you need to check what they're screening for again cause Ru has always expected the girls to have a base knowledge of pop culture reference way back to the first season. The entire show is built around pop culture. For example, since some of ya'll are a tad slow: last week, this week, AND next week's challenges center on it.

gurl please don't even try that when you go into meltdown everytime someone drags Silky :rip: 

I have every right to be fed up with you ignorant bitches attacking Plastique. She represents my entire community and I will NOT sit here and let you bitches think you can call bull**** on her simply because you can't understand the life many other people live.

And last time I check, base knowledge of pop culture doesn't mean you know everything Mariah Carey. and Plastique is not completely clueless, she knows some stuff but she just doesn't have enough knowledge - understandably so. 

Maybe next time drag bitches that 11 seasons in and still don't know how to sew. Not someone who legit life experience hindered them to know about what you think should be universal knowledge. 

dperkins
3 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

Last week’s challenge, and next weeks challenge, was about references and knowledge pertaining to 2017/2018 pop culture, and it’s stuff that’s already written for

them. This challenge tested her knowledge of 1990-2010 pop culture. There’s a difference. And sure, Mariah has had a few moments since 2010, but most of her deep character choice moments were from the early 2000s and late 90s. They did reference her NYE moment, and maybe a bit too much actually, it was the only thing they really did reference. 

Also, Plastique knows enough to wing it, if everyone else knew what they were doing. :rip:  NONE of them knew about Mariah. So she shouldn’t be singled out. She actually does have a better excuse than the others. Shuga is ****in 40.. Mariah is literally from her generation and she grew up in the US. Honey is old enough to know better too. Like there’s NO excuse for any of them, but Plastique did have a more valid reason. 

ariesjow
12 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

Can someone PLEASE gif 0:05-0:09 for A'keria's faces? Smash gif.

giphy.gif

Superpower
4 minutes ago, getback said:

FOR THE LAST ****ING TIME, THAT'S NOT A BAD EXCUSE. AND THAT'S NOT EVEN AN EXCUSE.

that's the living truth of so many immigrants. but of course most of you bitches are too ****ing ignorant to understand that. 

tell me, how the **** can she know about all things American pop culture when she has only being exposed to it for 4 years? when there're AMERICAN BORN hoes who were as clueless as her?

that's NOT her job to be on top of these things. she should know, but that's not a job requirement. bottom line, cut and dry

No one is denying that it’s harder for immigrants to get into American Pop culture and they don’t have to. Heck, half of America doesn’t care either. The grey area is that she is competing on Drag Race, a show based on American Pop culture where most girls emulate and aspire to be one of the Pop divas. It’s simple: she didn’t do her homework. And she has no one but herself to blame (not her culture and upbringing)

dperkins
4 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Of course I’m not surprised she went from episode 1 nodding when the girls said silky was extra and annoying to heatedly defending silky against them to coming at silky :spin:  What a phony

Um. What? Girl. I don’t tolerate **** from family or friends. If you deserve to be defended I’ll defend you, if you deserve to be called out, I’ll call you out. This mentality that she has to pick a feeling about Silky and “stock with it” is dumb and invalid. 

that G.U.Y.
7 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

akeria :jonny5:she looked stunning .  A RunWAY Queen who lets her runways speak for itself :siptea:

Really enjoyed plastique this episode o thought she was funny lol 

and vanjie 

honey looked great also 

yvie , ok I’m not gonna lie . I have a jellyfish runway design and would’ve done a jellyfish runway too :rip: so points for cool ideas but of course being nitpicky just being honest 

her execution of her looks are kind of a boner kill to me :katie: I would’ve appreciated it more if it was a ball look/design challenge but your telling me your prepared a umbrella and pink toilet paper for the main stage? Not next level 

and why was she so bothered by what silky was saying :rip: girl was it that serious. Of course I’m not surprised she went from episode 1 nodding when the girls said silky was extra and annoying to heatedly defending silky against them to coming at silky :spin:  What a phony

It was soft sculpture performance art. Only highly intellectual queens like Serena Cha Cha can appreciate it. 

getback
4 minutes ago, Superpower said:

No one is denying that it’s harder for immigrants to get into American Pop culture and they don’t have to. Heck, half of America doesn’t care either. The grey area is that she is competing on Drag Race, a show based on American Pop culture where most girls emulate and aspire to be one of the Pop divas. It’s simple: she didn’t do her homework. And she has no one but herself to blame (not her culture and upbringing)

call me next time you can understand all thing Vietnamese pop culture within 4 years :zzz: thank you, next

and "not doing homework" :ahh: when she came from not knowing anything to having basic knowledge :ahh: 

TheOnlyOne
7 minutes ago, getback said:

gurl please don't even try that when you go into meltdown everytime someone drags Silky :rip: 

I have every right to be fed up with you ignorant bitches attacking Plastique. She represents my entire community and I will NOT sit here and let you bitches think you can call bull**** on her simply because you can't understand the life many other people live.

And last time I check, base knowledge of pop culture doesn't mean you know everything Mariah Carey. and Plastique is not completely clueless, she knows some stuff but she just doesn't have enough knowledge - understandably so. 

Maybe next time drag bitches that 11 seasons in and still don't know how to sew. Not someone who legit life experience hindered them to know about what you think should be universal knowledge. 

It's not what I think, it's what Ru thinks. It's her show and literally been this way for 14 season. You're the one acting brand new like you haven't watched this show before. Queens have been expected to know John Waters and Starbooty references before I mean come on. Asking you to know about literally any pop diva you choose is not the reach you think it is.

5 minutes ago, dperkins said:

Last week’s challenge, and next weeks challenge, was about references and knowledge pertaining to 2017/2018 pop culture, and it’s stuff that’s already written for

them. This challenge tested her knowledge of 1990-2010 pop culture. There’s a difference. And sure, Mariah has had a few moments since 2010, but most of her deep character choice moments were from the early 2000s and late 90s. They did reference her NYE moment, and maybe a bit too much actually, it was the only thing they really did reference. 

Also, Plastique knows enough to wing it, if everyone else knew what they were doing. :rip:  NONE of them knew about Mariah. So she shouldn’t be singled out. She actually does have a better excuse than the others. Shuga is ****in 40.. Mariah is literally from her generation and she grew up in the US. Honey is old enough to know better too. Like there’s NO excuse for any of them, but Plastique did have a more valid reason. 

What world is everyone living in tonight? Plastique isn't being singled out :rip: She's the one who was giving excuses and people commented on it. She didn't just sit there like everyone else and got attacked for no reason. She gave an excuse and people called it out - like they do literally every single time a queen gives an excuse for their flop performance. 

Superpower
Just now, getback said:

call me next time you can understand all thing Vietnamese pop culture within 4 years :zzz: thank you, next

and "not doing homework" :ahh: when she came from not knowing anything to having basic knowledge :ahh: 

i will call you when i get picked for Season 1 of Drag Race Vietnam 

Plastique is one of my faves so far but you have to be blind to think she didnt say anything wrong. Twitter is overeacting but so are you :rip: 

Iceland

Idk anything about miss Mariah Carey and I’m on atrl so I believe plastique :cm:

Also I’m so young to know about her besides her Christmas song  :rip:

MJHolland
9 minutes ago, dperkins said:

Um. What? Girl. I don’t tolerate **** from family or friends. If you deserve to be defended I’ll defend you, if you deserve to be called out, I’ll call you out. This mentality that she has to pick a feeling about Silky and “stock with it” is dumb and invalid. 

My point was silky didn’t need to be defended.  Also not in that way, especially by someone who nodded in agreement that she was annoying and doing too much when the cast first brought it up in the first episode. I think her energy is weird 

jpow

This episode was such a mess :rip: 

Yvie walking out in that awful Majin Buu cosplay, Ariel being completely intolerable as usual, Plastique not knowing pop culture (HOW are you going to be a drag queen without knowing pop culture?), Ra’Jah’s team chosing a singer that nobody likes, Shuga being a complete disaster in the lipsync but staying only because Honey threw herself off stage. 

The only redeemable thing today in the main challenge was Nina, Vanjie, and the look A’keria served. 

MJHolland
9 minutes ago, that G.U.Y. said:

It was soft sculpture performance art. Only highly intellectual queens like Serena Cha Cha can appreciate it. 

We love a kitschy queen  :gaycat4:

LookinIn

Honey looked a damn fool

rolling around like a pig in the mud.

Those queens aren't gays, they are frauds and they need to turn in their gay cards for disrespecting Mariah like that.