Outlaws

Horror Movies

Iamsorare
Posted (edited)

This was the year of Halloween kills,the conjuring 3, candyman,a quiet place 2 and one stupid virus destroyed everything

Edited by Iamsorare

Roman Holiday

A Fad Place didn’t need a sequel to begin with

PrinceMichaelFan
On 7/15/2020 at 2:08 AM, ChapelHooker said:

I watched both The Beach House and Relic yesterday and was surprised that I enjoyed the former more. While Relic has better cinematography and acting, The Beach House has the dread, tension and I loved most of the decisions they made. And while I didnt "love" the ending to The Beach House, Relic just felt really random and like I've seen it before quite quite often. Also, the character dynamics that are wasted in both of these was annoying.

Man idk I didn't care for Beach House but Relic is really nice when realize it really isn't horror but I see what you're saying!

PrinceMichaelFan

@If I'm DancingHAUNT is top notch sh*t brah! I kinda wish they do a sequel because the villains looked dope as well! That might be Shudder's best work yet

Kevin2803
3 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

@If I'm DancingHAUNT is top notch sh*t brah! I kinda wish they do a sequel because the villains looked dope as well! That might be Shudder's best work yet

Is Haunt an Shudder Original? They showed it in movie theaters, here in Germany, last year.

popmusicisdead

just saw The Beach House and liked it. they did great for an obviously low budget production. i'm loving the resurgence of cosmic/Lovecraftian horror with this and Color Out Of Space. can't wait for the The Dunwich Horror movie :jonny:

07tandu
7 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

Proof that the slasher genre can still be entertaining and well made, Haunt did THAT! Yet Hollywood keeps giving us remakes, sequels and reboots of tired slasher franchises :dies:

If I'm Dancing
8 hours ago, PrinceMichaelFan said:

It was SO good! One of the few movies that actually gave me the chills

babyboy44

Guys, is there a way to find all my post in this thread?

I remember once I've asked about a horror movie and someone actually knew it :jonny:

Kevin2803

I watched "Unhinged" at the movie theater and it was actually pretty damn good.

PrinceMichaelFan
11 hours ago, 07tandu said:

Proof that the slasher genre can still be entertaining and well made, Haunt did THAT! Yet Hollywood keeps giving us remakes, sequels and reboots of tired slasher franchises :dies:

Yeah man that was definitely a theatrical film. I actually love the villains as it was a breath of fresh air.  

PrinceMichaelFan
15 hours ago, Kevin2803 said:

Is Haunt an Shudder Original? They showed it in movie theaters, here in Germany, last year.

I guess it was release before but shudder got the exclusive rights to it.  

Khamis

I CANT BELIEVE I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS A HORROR MOVIE THREAD. Not me thinking this sit was exclusively for pop girls :deadbanana2:

OT

I have been watching one horror movie every night for the past two months. Haunt was the latest one as of last week and boy i thought it was gonna be so trashy. But i was so wrong! It was great and felt fresh which was so crazy to me. And now i have been trying to find other great ones that are relatively new. Havent found one yet!

Khamis

I keep seeing recommendations for Hereditary. I have been hesitant bc one thing i cant really do in horror is things that are heavy in possession ala The exorcist. But movies like The Prodigy were fine for me. Knowing this do you guys think Id be ok with Hereditary?

07tandu

Thots on Ju-On Origins?

07tandu

Thots on Ju-On Origins?

ChapelHooker
13 minutes ago, Khamis said:

I keep seeing recommendations for Hereditary. I have been hesitant bc one thing i cant really do in horror is things that are heavy in possession ala The exorcist. But movies like The Prodigy were fine for me. Knowing this do you guys think Id be ok with Hereditary?

i just read the plot for the prodigy and you should be fine, there are way worse things happening in that movie and it doesnt feature intense possession scenes apart from some tropes that are switched around

popmusicisdead
1 hour ago, 07tandu said:

Thots on Ju-On Origins?

i really liked it. it was creepy and the violence was shocking. but i can see how it will turn people off because it's confusing and doesn't even try to explain anything.

07tandu
1 hour ago, Khamis said:

I will say Hereditary isn't "possession" in a traditional sense as we know it like in the Exorcist and other possession films. It's a lot more subtle in Hereditary and really doesn't "manifest" itself explicitly.

Kevin2803
1 hour ago, 07tandu said:

Thots on Ju-On Origins?

I liked it, but i also didn't get it. :ahh: Everything was so confusing

Khamis
1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

i just read the plot for the prodigy and you should be fine, there are way worse things happening in that movie and it doesnt feature intense possession scenes apart from some tropes that are switched around

16 minutes ago, 07tandu said:

I will say Hereditary isn't "possession" in a traditional sense as we know it like in the Exorcist and other possession films. It's a lot more subtle in Hereditary and really doesn't "manifest" itself explicitly.

Great. I just dont like watching anything that is too overtly “demonic” or set too deep in the religious aspect that those movies can sometimes get.

I will watch this one tonight. Thanks guys!

ChapelHooker
2 hours ago, 07tandu said:

Thots on Ju-On Origins?

im interested in seeing it but after reading some stuff im questioning if i wanna put myself through some of the content lol

SitarHero
On 7/15/2020 at 2:20 PM, If I'm Dancing said:

I've had Shudder for about 3 months and I love it so much, Netflix wishes :jonny5:

My favorites have been:

Haunt

Metamorphosis

Castle Freak

Friday the 13th III

Ginger Snaps

Hell House LLC

Any more recommendations?

Revenge, Incident in a Ghostland, Daniel Isn't Real, and Tigers Are Not Afraid are all quite good.

SitarHero

Today I watched the worst horror movie of the year (The Other Lamb) and the best one (Relic)!

Relic was soooooo good

popmusicisdead
5 hours ago, SitarHero said:

Revenge, Incident in a Ghostland, Daniel Isn't Real, and Tigers Are Not Afraid are all quite good.

taste. i don't see a lot of people talking about Ghostland tho. it's not as good as Martyrs, obviously, but i really liked it. 

Spoiler

although i kinda screamed when H.P. Lovecraft showed up :dies: