Check Out Pop Culture Talk! Read more... ×

5,290 posts in this topic

rooby.booby
1 hour ago, twinkpeaks said:

i really enjoyed this. 

highdefinition

I just saw the Strangers 2 and it is no where near as good as the first one. 

the acting was tragic (The mother was actually a great actress she just died too soon). The script was tragic (non sensical and unoriginal). Who allowed the strangers to have actual dialogue (other than the tamara line)? The father's death scene was hilariously bad and you could tell the budget was a mess.

I hate that when she blows up the trucks at the end you can see that there is no body in the truck :toofunny2: 

BadMonster

Just saw The Ritual, like it a lot, but the ending could've been better. It was very suspenseful/enjoyable tho

K$Ellie
On 10/03/2018 at 8:04 PM, The Witch said:

I'm still FUMING about Eden Lake finale. :biblio:

Same :rip: all those coincidences were too much

cypriotpcdfan
On 3/15/2018 at 8:16 PM, twinkpeaks said:

How come I've never heard of this before? :jonny: This is literally THE movie for my conspiracy theorist ass

Feather
On March 15, 2018 at 10:39 AM, 07tandu said:

Anyone seen The Shrine (2010)? Thots? I'm thinking of watching it, I looked it up has pretty positive reviews...

I re-call watching it briefly. I stopped watching mid way, it's a slow burner. 

Feather

I recommend the American remake of Dark Water - it's great :)

thinking

I feel like I've seen a movie with the plot of Evil Within. 

Is there a movie with a similar plot to this? I wanna watch it even tho it's probably confusing as hell :deadbanana4:

cypriotpcdfan
48 minutes ago, thinking said:

I feel like I've seen a movie with the plot of Evil Within. 

Is there a movie with a similar plot to this? I wanna watch it even tho it's probably confusing as hell :deadbanana4:

Silent Hill? 

Vertigo Stick

I’m late as hell but Insidious CH4 was so awful :deadbanana2: I mean the last few were bad too but this was painfully bad. Did they even try? 

Verge of Obscene

Strangers 2 made me so angry. The movie is FILLED with cliches and such stupid choices. The ending was awful, the acting was awful except for one who dies way too soon, it is a crock of ****.

Vertigo Stick

Just watched Veronica and omg :jonny5: I can feel the evil breathing down my neck! Truly successful in terms of creating a truly creepy and dreadful environment. 

Tylerbv

Sinister 2 was pretty crappy :deadbanana: The one kid randomly changing personalities halfway through the movie :rip:

The random new rules :rip: The downgrade of the tapes :rip:

ChapelHooker
11 hours ago, Verge of Obscene said:

Strangers 2 made me so angry. The movie is FILLED with cliches and such stupid choices. The ending was awful, the acting was awful except for one who dies way too soon, it is a crock of ****.

the way the stans of the first one are saying that it's because it's "satire" and purposeful cheese.. like, really? just accept that you stan trash and move on lmao

Verge of Obscene
9 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

the way the stans of the first one are saying that it's because it's "satire" and purposeful cheese.. like, really? just accept that you stan trash and move on lmao

I saw actual movie critics that said the same thing. What kind of stupidity is that??

ChapelHooker
5 minutes ago, Verge of Obscene said:

I saw actual movie critics that said the same thing. What kind of stupidity is that??

its the same critics who though the first one was some kind of subversive, clever film when really it's a boring, incredibly stupid and laughable attempt at a home invasion movie.

WERKER

Does anyone have a list of upcoming horror films and UK release dates?

I'm absolutely fuming because I have been so hyped for Strangers 2 but it doesn't have a UK release date, there's no way it wont get a theatrical showing right?

banana

y’all i just saw the neon demon, it’s good asf

MattyTacos

Nails was a very boring Insidious/Paranormal Activity mash-up.

Currently watching The Descent. 

A Little Unruly

The Loved Ones >>>

Just caught a screening of it. :smitten:

Lane Boy
On 3/21/2018 at 9:45 AM, ChapelHooker said:

1*ZHSZvnN7a7k9oD2jB75XMw.gif

The Strangers is an incredible film. Maybe I love it because I went through a home invasion situation myself, but I love it and I can't deny it. It was insanely creepy and the fact that it could honestly happen to anyone terrified me more than the actual film itself. It's a slow burn film that really pays off in the end imo. HOWEVER, The Strangers 2 was a piece of **** and a movie that did not deserve to be made. I saw it and was awkwardly laughing at all of the stupid ****ing situations and how dumb everyone was. The Strangers was grounded in reality whereas The Stranger 2 made it seem like they were supernatural forces. It was so tragic and I hope another film is not made to tarnish the beautiful reputation the first one made.

taustin13
On 3/20/2018 at 7:22 PM, Vertigo Stick said:

I’m late as hell but Insidious CH4 was so awful :deadbanana2: I mean the last few were bad too but this was painfully bad. Did they even try? 

yeah was such a terrible movie ! 

ChapelHooker
4 hours ago, Lane Boy said:

The Strangers was grounded in reality whereas The Stranger 2 made it seem like they were supernatural forces.

lol