4,343 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hooligan said:

Also, The Belko Experiment is sooooo underrated.  It's very low budget but film is creepy and has some unintentionally funny moments; keeps you on the edge of you seat as well.  Re-watched it last night and remembered why I like it so much.

:alexz:

I'm still so mad about what happened to the girl who was skulking around really intelligently for the whole film :jonny:

Ravenous completely slayed me :jonny: wig. ok. 

35 minutes ago, Tylerbv said:

I'm still so mad about what happened to the girl who was skulking around really intelligently for the whole film :jonny:

I’m still mad at the ending.  Like, I wanna like it but I just don’t know exactly how I feel about it

:angelo:

I'm so mad I have to wait until May to see The Strangers when it comes out in the US tomorrow. To be honest, I'm surprised they didn't go with a Cloverfield/Netflix style release for The Strangers. I'm excited to see it, I loved the first one.

13 hours ago, Hooligan said:

Also, The Belko Experiment is sooooo underrated.  It's very low budget but film is creepy and has some unintentionally funny moments; keeps you on the edge of you seat as well.  Re-watched it last night and remembered why I like it so much.

:alexz:

I love how they focused a lot on that one girl who escaped, and made it seem like she was going to play a vital role in the film then she just randomly dies lol.

Watched Geralds Game last night. Absolutely B-R-U-T-A-L :jonny:

Spoiler

Bruce Greenwood is sooo hot :gaycat2:

On 3/8/2018 at 7:38 PM, ChapelHooker said:

one of the dumbest moments in a sea of stupidity, i will NEVER get the love for this film.

the way the director thought he was subverting genre convetions and doing something unique as well... the lack of self-awareness :skull:

Yeah I literally stopped watching like half way through, which isn't something I usually do but I just found the characters so uninteresting and stupid and was not feeling the suspense at all. What is with the hype for it here :rip:

On 3/5/2018 at 10:06 PM, A Little Unruly said:

Lmao, I watched it not too long ago cuz someone I follow on letterboxd and is huge horror buff has it listed as their favorite movie. I trusted them cuz I usually love their reviews and they have great taste, but The Beyond was... not the tea.

Ikr, I'm making my way through the video nasties that seem worth watching and since this one got a fair share of acclaim I was expecting something quirky and interesting, but it was just trash :deadbanana4:

Also watched Don't Look Now and Raw last night, both good but Raw really impressed me, wasn't expecting to like it so much.

I'm still FUMING about Eden Lake finale. :biblio:

5 hours ago, The Witch said:

I'm still FUMING about Eden Lake finale. :biblio:

ddd same :jonny: It honestly was a good ending, but I'm still ready to fight whoever made it.

Reviews on Strangers 2??

Do any of the The Witch stans know what happened to Eggers' Nosferatu? I thought he was gonna do that next, but looks like he's currently shooting The Lighthouse with R-Patz.

41 minutes ago, A Little Unruly said:

Do any of the The Witch stans know what happened to Eggers' Nosferatu? I thought he was gonna do that next, but looks like he's currently shooting The Lighthouse with R-Patz.

it just looks like it was pushed back a bit to film The Lighthouse first. Anya was cast in Nosferatu, I'm sure it's still happening considering how passionate he is about it. Probably just some studio/behind the scenes stuff happened that forced them to make this first or maybe he isn't ready yet (which he said as well)

I'm excited for both tho

Rings wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. BUT my god how many plot lines did they steal to write that movie. :cm:

33 minutes ago, 07tandu said:

Rings wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. BUT my god how many plot lines did they steal to write that movie. :cm:

i will FOREVER be mad about spending my money on this movie, I was bored out of my ****ing mind. Hands down the worst movie I ever saw in a theater. Everything was flat and awful about it. The writing, directing, acting, cinematography, set and costume design, pacing, editing etc; all abysmal.

Watched Still/Born last night. Damn. A lot better than I thought it was going to be! 

Strangers 2 was literal garbage.

The Monster (on Netflix) is horrible.  Thought the trailer looked okay but geez, that movie was garbage. 

Ghostland was one of the most entertaining mainstream horror movie in a while. The house looked amazing and was straight out of a James Wan movie and I thought I figured out the twist but it was something else entirely :jonny:

The most suprising part of the movie was Crystal Reed she was actualy good in this compared to back when she was on teen wolf. :eli:

I know it's been a while since its release, but was I the only one who hated Jigsaw? :biblio: All of my friends thought it was good, I'm pretty sure it's the worst in the franchise besides The Final Chapter/VII. The traps are just so over complicated and stupid, the corn silo one :rip: It made no sense story wise, this takes place BEFORE the first one in 2004, but there were flatscreens, so what, John Kramer switched to tube televisions because it looked scarier? Please :skull: 

Anyone seen The Shrine (2010)? Thots? I'm thinking of watching it, I looked it up has pretty positive reviews...

Has anyone watched Veronica on Netflix? People were hyping it as one of the scariest movies of our times and all that crap and ended up being a snorefest. It didn't even look like it was a movie about possessions :rip: 

On 3/8/2018 at 0:11 PM, UnusualBoy said:

Has anyone watched The Midnight Game? It's out this weekend here.

Anyway, I ended up watching it and what a churro! Not worth the time tbh.

2 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

Has anyone watched Veronica on Netflix? People were hyping it as one of the scariest movies of our times and all that crap and ended up being a snorefest. It didn't even look like it was a movie about possessions :rip: 

it's ok at best.