Splatoon 2 | Octo Expansion Revealed!

232 posts in this topic

Eternium

Just bought it on Amazon and saw a bundle for Splatoon 2 and the Switch going for $1,990 :deadbanana: 

Grim

I wonder how many maps we'll get from the start and what maps will be returning :duca: 

I wasn't crazy about any of the maps we got at the splatfest tbh. They seemed small. 

Boniqua
3 hours ago, Grim said:

I wonder how many maps we'll get from the start and what maps will be returning :duca: 

I wasn't crazy about any of the maps we got at the splatfest tbh. They seemed small. 

The starting stages.

Grim
1 hour ago, Boniqua said:

The starting stages.

Only 8? :doc: I was hoping there would be more for a large variety; I mean they've had plenty of time to make tons of new maps. 

Eternium
6 minutes ago, Grim said:

Only 8? :doc: I was hoping there would be more for a large variety; I mean they've had plenty of time to make tons of new maps. 

Splatoon launched with 5. Part of Splatoon's appeal is that they constantly add new features as free DLC. Expect a new map and new weapons probably every month for the rest of the year.

Grim
3 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Splatoon launched with 5. Part of Splatoon's appeal is that they constantly add new features as free DLC. Expect a new map and new weapons probably every month for the rest of the year.

Yes, yes, I am well aware. 

Boniqua

Port Mackerel was added to Splatoon 1 a mere 4 days after launch. I don't think it is anything to worry about. We're already looking at 20+ maps by the end.

I did not know that Salmon Run was a timed event. It will apparently only be available the first 3 days before disappearing for a while.

Also the Splatoon 2 amiibos give different items than the Splatoon 1 amiibos. That was cleared up today.

Grim

I just hope that all the maps from the original make it, but it seems unlikely at this point. It would be a little weird for them to add older maps later down the line even if they get a revamp. I hope at least they revamped PM enough so that it can actually be in rotation for something other than SZ now. 

Boniqua

The Splatoon 1 map I really want to return is Camp Triggerfish.

I think Kelp Dome will be returning as DLC because there's a map of it as decoration in the hub.

Christian.

Waking up early tomorrow & running to snatch a copy (+ the Amiibos and pro controller) at Target when it opens

Can't wait

:jonny: 

Christian.

co5Mphe.jpg 

Lucked out BIG time today

Managed to snag the last two amiibo available at Target & the ONLY pro controller that my Gamestop got in 

I waited outside of Gamestop 15 minutes before it opened & was second in line - fortunately the guy in front of me was only there for Smash amiibo :rip: The second we walked in, the store's phone rang and the cashier was explaining to the person on the line that they had only gotten one pro controller in and that it was first come first serve. The people behind me were so mad when I snatched it :sistrens: 

I've been playing for about five hours now... :jonny:

I'm finally at level 10 but am taking a little break because the ranked stages right now are for rainmaker and I'm awful at it

Tower control starts at 6 though :smitten: 

Grim

Nice on getting that pro controller! I wanted one but its sold out so I settled for ordering a regular one. 

Still getting used to the controls. I like the PM changes they made! I'm level 5. Can't wait to play ranked. 

I just had an amazing sniper round in turf war. :jonny: I sniped 4 in a row and got another 3 with bombs. They weren't even like lucky shots; all planned so I'm proud of myself. :lmao: 

Christian.

Totally forgot to post about next weekend's splatfest (oops)

Imagine choosing mayo :biblio: 

justin.

#TeamKetchup

#TeamMarina

#TeamTentatekSplattershot 

Literally zero of my Switch friends have chosen mayo (you can check on the Splatnet app). It's truly the Bionic of condiments.

Christian.
21 minutes ago, lolzjustinwat said:

#TeamKetchup

#TeamMarina

#TeamTentatekSplattershot 

Literally zero of my Switch friends have chosen mayo (you can check on the Splatnet app). It's truly the Bionic of condiments.

A few of mine have

Time to unfriend I guess

:sistrens: 

stevenisFADING

Salmon Run is up again. I haven’t looked at the weapons provided but it can’t be any worse than a ****ing blaster. Anyone up?

Attitude
6 minutes ago, stevenisFADING said:

Salmon Run is up again. I haven’t looked at the weapons provided but it can’t be any worse than a ****ing blaster. Anyone up?

I'm down.

lovecatt
12 minutes ago, stevenisFADING said:

There's a rapid blaster but the rest of the weapons are much better than the last set up

I'm free in like 20 mins if you're still playing then :heart2: