Splatoon 2 | Octo Expansion Revealed!

232 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, V$. said:

#TEAMCAKE *gaycat*

Bitch form a team with us 

Turf War is so boring. I wish they'd put ranked modes in splatfests. 

Practicing my sniping tho. Just sniped 2 with 1 shot. :fan:

omg. i've never played before. how do you make the splat roller actually roll when you walk instead of splat!? ?

YAAAAAAS

After countless DCs i'm finally King

znwDb0A.jpg

3 hours ago, Grim said:

Turf War is so boring. I wish they'd put ranked modes in splatfests. 

Practicing my sniping tho. Just sniped 2 with 1 shot. :fan:

Yeah, I was definitely getting pretty bored too (but then again, I played for 8 hours) :rip: 

I think it would've been more fun if they had given us more weapons to choose from

SO many people were using the dualies which resulted in a field of tenta missiles firing off every few seconds

I've also never been a fan of how the maps are set to nighttime during splatfests... it kind of sucks the life out of everything IMO

Still incredibly excited for the full game though

I can't wait to use the slosher again and play with some of the new subs / specials :duca: 

It's going to be slightly annoying having to rank back up to get in to ranked modes again, but I'll deal 

Splatfests were easily the one day that I avoided playing Splatoon 1 since it limits all gameplay to turf war (and without friends at that) but it works for demo purposes.

The most exciting thing to me is when they start rolling the free DLC out and the meta is consistently being shaken up.

Wow I'm stanning Off The Hook, they have so much personality.

Team Ice Cream won in both the European and North American splatfests! :sistrens: 

6 hours ago, stevenisFADING said:

omg. i've never played before. how do you make the splat roller actually roll when you walk instead of splat!? ?

Hold the button down as you walk. I think it's right trigger...whatever the shooting button is. 

4 hours ago, Christian. said:

Yeah, I was definitely getting pretty bored too (but then again, I played for 8 hours) :rip: 

I think it would've been more fun if they had given us more weapons to choose from

SO many people were using the dualies which resulted in a field of tenta missiles firing off every few seconds

I've also never been a fan of how the maps are set to nighttime during splatfests... it kind of sucks the life out of everything IMO

Still incredibly excited for the full game though

I can't wait to use the slosher again and play with some of the new subs / specials :duca: 

It's going to be slightly annoying having to rank back up to get in to ranked modes again, but I'll deal 

That would've helped too! I had a hard time adjusting to the motion controls too tbh. It was my first time playing on the Switch in general (literally just set it up yesterday for this event). I also hate that sniper special (forgot what it's called). I hate that you're locked into it; I got hit with Tenta Missiles so many times just from being locked. I like the new roller jump atttack, but I also miss the old jump attack. I wonder if the carbon will have that same jump attack? 

Are you a slosher main? I'm best with blasters but over the past year I was just messing around with chargers. 

11 hours ago, Grim said:

Hold the button down as you walk. I think it's right trigger...whatever the shooting button is. 

Thanks! I'll try it out this Friday.

I enjoyed Turf Wars but I absolutely suck. ? The team I was placed in won half of our matches or so but damn the Cake people we fought against usually whooped us. 

3 hours ago, stevenisFADING said:

Thanks! I'll try it out this Friday.

I enjoyed Turf Wars but I absolutely suck. ? The team I was placed in won half of our matches or so but damn the Cake people we fought against usually whooped us. 

There's a training area in the main game where you can test the weapons beforehand, so just fool around with it. 

I didnt even reach Ice Cream King and I played for 3 hours & 40 minutes of the four hours. I usually had someone who got disconnected from my team or my team sucked in general. I prefer ranked modes anyway. Tower Control is my fave. If you're new to the game you haven't played that yet prob lol

16 hours ago, Grim said:

That would've helped too! I had a hard time adjusting to the motion controls too tbh. It was my first time playing on the Switch in general (literally just set it up yesterday for this event). I also hate that sniper special (forgot what it's called). I hate that you're locked into it; I got hit with Tenta Missiles so many times just from being locked. I like the new roller jump atttack, but I also miss the old jump attack. I wonder if the carbon will have that same jump attack? 

Are you a slosher main? I'm best with blasters but over the past year I was just messing around with chargers. 

In the first game I rotated between a few weapons a lot, but found myself using the slosher and the berry splattershot pro most (I started out as a roller main though). Slosher is always fun because I love using the disruptor. I like to try to explore and get comfortable with as many different weapons as I can tbh. Only ones I'm absolutely horrid with are the snipers / chargers. I don't think i'll ever be able to manage using them :rip: 

Less than a week away now... I'm excited! I hope this is more fun for me than the last one. Playing the demo, it feels like it suits the Switch controls much more than the Wii U's, so I think it will be.

On 2017-07-06 at 5:44 PM, Christian. said:

Did you play the first one much? It's almost disgustingly addicting

Haven't played in a while, though, so I can't wait for this one 

(It's the main reason I snatched a Switch in the first place / will probably be the only game I play until Odyssey)

:rip:

That's exactly why I didn't get the switch lol. I feel like the only games I'd play are Splatoon, Odyssey and Zelda so I didn't bother

1 minute ago, 1989 said:

That's exactly why I didn't get the switch lol. I feel like the only games I'd play are Splatoon, Odyssey and Zelda so I didn't bother

Nothing wrong with that IMO :-* 

I think it's worth it, personally

Although I haven't used it TOO much since I bought it (other than to play Mario Kart and ARMS a bit... which both get old pretty fast) I know for a fact that I'll put an embarrassingly large amount of hours into Splatoon over the course of the next few months & then will end up rotating back and forth between that + Odyssey until the next big release (hopefully Animal Crossing :duca: ) which I'm perfectly fine with. The only reason I got a Switch so early was because of how worried I was about availability... I saw that they were in stock on Amazon one day and RAN :rip: 

I'm not a huge gamer whatsoever, so I don't normally own more than maybe 4 or 5 games per system at a time. I usually get a few that I like, focus on them for a bit, and then eventually trade them in for something different after I get bored. I'm trying not to do that with my switch, though - just so I have more titles to come back to if I want them. 

2 hours ago, Christian. said:

Only ones I'm absolutely horrid with are the snipers / chargers. I don't think i'll ever be able to manage using them :rip: 

git gud

3 hours ago, Christian. said:

In the first game I rotated between a few weapons a lot, but found myself using the slosher and the berry splattershot pro most (I started out as a roller main though). Slosher is always fun because I love using the disruptor. I like to try to explore and get comfortable with as many different weapons as I can tbh. Only ones I'm absolutely horrid with are the snipers / chargers. I don't think i'll ever be able to manage using them :rip: 

Chargers are sooo fun on the right maps. I love them. 

49 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I literally only got a Wii U for Splatoon and it is one of like 3 games I own for the Wii U to this day but I regret nothing because I played Splatoon sooooo much. 

What rank were you guys in the first one? I reached S+ on 2 accounts but I would say I'm just an s rank player. Whenever I tried playing S+ it would be too much for me so I would make a new account. :rip: 

I can't remember if I reached S or S+ but whichever it was, I would always get like 50 pts into it and then have a losing streak that knocked me down an entire rank, then have to work my way back up, wash, rinse, repeat. So infuriating lol.

I am so happy that rankings for Splat Zones, Tower Control, and Rainmaker are all separate now. I got to where I would not play Rainmaker because it always made my rank drop since literally everyone sucks at it.

Just saw the final boss spoiler :jonny: 

23 hours ago, Boniqua said:

I can't remember if I reached S or S+ but whichever it was, I would always get like 50 pts into it and then have a losing streak that knocked me down an entire rank, then have to work my way back up, wash, rinse, repeat. So infuriating lol.

I am so happy that rankings for Splat Zones, Tower Control, and Rainmaker are all separate now. I got to where I would not play Rainmaker because it always made my rank drop since literally everyone sucks at it.

Omg same but for Splat Zones. Absolutely infuriating. I went awhile with purposely not playing when it was SZ bc my team would constantly just attempt to paint the zone while leaving the enemy alive to wipe us out. 

47 minutes ago, Christian. said:

I don't wanna know but my guess is that is has something to do with Callie. :eli: 

6 hours ago, Christian. said:

Same and I'm kinda disappointed 

Reviews have been trickling in all day! :duca: 

84% on Metacritic