Splatoon 2 | Octo Expansion Revealed!

232 posts in this topic

Christian.

4tCRkd4.png

switch_splatoon2_illustration_char_047.jpg?quality=80&strip=all  

Splatoon 2 is a third-person shooter game developed by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch - the sequel to the 2015 Wii U title, Splatoon.

Like its predecessor, players control characters known as inklings, who use colored ink to attack opponents and clear goals. 

Inklings have the ability to alternate between two forms - humanoid form and squid form.

In humanoid form, inklings are able to walk about and fire ink with both their main and/or sub weapons.

Squid form allows players to swim through ink of their own color in order to move quickly and replenish their ink supplies. 

The sequel packs all of the fun from the original game, in addition to new weapons, maps, and modes for players to enjoy on a new platform.

ZrkHgTv.png  

LATEST UPDATE:

SPLATFEST (USA): The Chicken vs The Egg (3.9 - 3.10)

latest?cb=20161121190920

Christian.

Today's direct: 

Highlights: 

- New weapons & specials

- New gear customizations

- SplatNet 2: an online smartphone system through Nintendo Switch Online

- Marie and Callie have been replaced by two new pop stars, Pearl and Marina 

- Splatfest has returned, with its first (Cakes vs Ice Cream) kicking off as a free game demo on July 15th from 3 - 7PM PST

:duca: 

Christian.

Splatoon-Inkopolis-12.jpg 871ca577_0bae_4867_8659_dc982289f8a1.0.jpg 

Not sure if I'm the biggest fan of Pearl and Marina vs Callie and Marie 

Pearl is definitely... something :rip:

Eternium

I don't really like any of the character designs. It all looks like an original XBox game :deadbanana: 

I never got in to the first one but I'm hoping I click more with the second. It looks much, much better.

Dylangaga

I've never played the first one but this game seems popular. I don't know if I should preorder it or not

Christian.
31 minutes ago, Dylangaga said:

I've never played the first one but this game seems popular. I don't know if I should preorder it or not

It's extremely fun & addicting, IMO

I'm not a huge fan of the offline story mode, but the online Turf Wars and Ranked Battles are amazing

(although the story mode has apparently improved quite a bit this time around)

they're offering a free demo of the game via the e-shop which is playable next Saturday (6-10PM EST) so I highly suggest you try it out!

If you have any interest at all, though, I would definitely urge you to pre-order a copy... It's a pretty hyped-up release

Grim

I absolutely can't wait. :duca: I'm thoroughly addicted although I've purposely not played the first one in a few months to get myself even more hyped. 

Boniqua

After downloading the demo, I can't get over how ugly this makes Splatoon 1 look. The improvements are immediately noticeable. I can't wait to experience gameplay.

Christian.

One week left! :duca: 

Also, don't forget about tomorrow's free Splatfest demo

Christian.

Just made an EU account so I didn't have to wait until 6PM to play :rip: 

So excited :duca:

EDIT:

Just finished about an hour ago and was only 5 points away from making it to Ice Cream King :jonny:

Guess I'll try again at 6 :-* 

Christian.

splatoon_2_cover_31.jpg?w=776&h=776&crop=1&ssl=1&zoom=2 splatoon_2_cartridge.jpg?w=516&h=516&crop=1&ssl=1&zoom=2

splatoon_2_cover_1.jpg?w=256&h=256&crop= splatoon_2_cover_21.jpg?w=256&h=256&crop

The physical copy of the game seems to have reversible artwork!

:duca: