The Sims | StrangerVille - February 26!

6,087 posts in this topic

On 5/15/2019 at 3:50 PM, The Unforgiving said:

WaiT. It's not University :duca:

@gloamingtheplain Do you think it's legit? Most retailer listings don't lie.

i ****ing loved islo paradiso and i can't wait for this

2 hours ago, teenagechrist said:

I just installed The Sims 3 on an SSD and oh my ****ing god the difference everything loads SO FAST! :jonny5: I have almost no lag with max settings, which is amazing. (Except high lot detail which I have to keep down to 3 or it starts to lag like crazy due to the game constantly loading and unloading lots depending on where I move the camera :ace:)

Ok forget about it, everything loads super fast but I still get a lot of stuttering when moving the camera and I'm sick of his ugly laggy ass, lemme uninstall it. :noparty:

23 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Sounds plausible. I don't have any insider information on it, sadly. But it makes sense if there's a huge update to the game, that's removing a whole bunch of players on Mac and PC, it's because whatever is coming is more demanding. 

Bon Voyage is MUCH better than Island Paradise. And that was more closed than Sims 4. Get Together also has better islands than Island Paradise, so I imagine the worlds would look amazing. 

I imagine it will be just a tropical destination rather than a Island Paradise clone. 

Island Paradise still needs mods to be playable. If you play without mods, the game freezes every few seconds. 

They better have non-rabbit hole hotel/resorts. I'm still annoyed that you couldn't run a Hotel in Bon Voyage even with Open For Business, even though they promised you'd be able to run "any business" past or future. 

And Island Paradise having rabbit holes ruined the Resort experience for me. 

I was referring to houseboats, boats and the aquatic gameplay that Bon Voyage didn't have 

5 hours ago, ConceptD said:

@gloamingtheplain would I be able to run Sims 3 easily on my MacBook Pro? I ask you because you're really good with this stuff. 

Which MacBook Pro do you have? Most of them run the game fairly good, but if you're playing on Mac just make sure you don't update to the next Mac OS as that update will end support for The Sims 3. 

5 hours ago, teenagechrist said:

Ok forget about it, everything loads super fast but I still get a lot of stuttering when moving the camera and I'm sick of his ugly laggy ass, lemme uninstall it. :noparty:

The Sims 3 runs well at first. But the more Sims that die, the more Sims that get stuck, the more memories each Sim has etc. the game eventually becomes unplayable. Basically the Sims 3 is a ticking time bomb from when you start a new save and eventually gets so slow, laggy that it's unplayable. 

Island Paradise, for example, is a world that EA played before shipping the game in order to set up the world which basically means there's already playtime logged for that world. Long story short, that world is borderline unplayable because it already starts to lag and freeze before anyone can really play it. It's why its Steam scores are so low. 

9 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

Windenburg had 1 island it wasn't tropical :skull:

It's a nice world though

2 islands. Both graphically look more detailed then what we got in Island Paradise. 

The-Sims-4-Get-Together_-Explore-A-New-W

vs 

3notroubleatoll.jpg

Here are all the islands from Island Paradise and seriously, The Sims 4 ***** on all of them graphic wise: 

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/islandparadise/findingunchartedislands.php

The only decent part of Island Paradise was the main Island. Houseboats seem awesome, until you realise there isn't really much to explore with them except empty terrain. 

20 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

2 islands. Both graphically look more detailed then what we got in Island Paradise. 

The-Sims-4-Get-Together_-Explore-A-New-W

vs 

3notroubleatoll.jpg

Here are all the islands from Island Paradise and seriously, The Sims 4 ***** on all of them graphic wise: 

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/islandparadise/findingunchartedislands.php

The only decent part of Island Paradise was the main Island. Houseboats seem awesome, until you realise there isn't really much to explore with them except empty terrain. 

Yes it looks more polished but the playable area excluding the lots is smaller than the S3 island in the second picture.

There is also the annoying error 12(?) where the game won't let you save and basically lose a lot of progression:toofunny2:

18 minutes ago, ArianadelRey said:

There is also the annoying error 12(?) where the game won't let you save and basically lose a lot of progression:toofunny2:

Basically. The lack of loading screens means the game basically has to carry way too much information about hundreds of Sims at any given time. The Sims 4 breaks them up so only 20 - 30 are around at once. 

It's crazy that The Sims 3 simulates every Sim constantly. I installed the Overwatch mod to reset Sims that get stuck around the world, and most of them get stuck in their own homes. But the game resets Sims that I haven't even played or visited, which means the games is simulating their movements even if I don't play. 

It's amazing the game is doing this but it's basically a huge price to play for performance in order to get that "instant load" affect around town. It means the whole town has to be active constantly and that causes way too many errors and issues that it makes the game unplayable. 

The Sims 3 on console was smart to set the worlds out like Sims 4. It was a design choice that payed off. 

5 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

The Sims 3 runs well at first. But the more Sims that die, the more Sims that get stuck, the more memories each Sim has etc. the game eventually becomes unplayable. Basically the Sims 3 is a ticking time bomb from when you start a new save and eventually gets so slow, laggy that it's unplayable. 

Island Paradise, for example, is a world that EA played before shipping the game in order to set up the world which basically means there's already playtime logged for that world. Long story short, that world is borderline unplayable because it already starts to lag and freeze before anyone can really play it. It's why its Steam scores are so low. 

Yeah, it's always the same thing. At first it runs pretty fine, and then after some hours of gameplay the stutter starts and no mod can fix that. It makes me sad tbh, I really want to play it but EA didn't bother at all fixing the game. 

5 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Basically. The lack of loading screens means the game basically has to carry way too much information about hundreds of Sims at any given time. The Sims 4 breaks them up so only 20 - 30 are around at once. 

It's crazy that The Sims 3 simulates every Sim constantly. I installed the Overwatch mod to reset Sims that get stuck around the world, and most of them get stuck in their own homes. But the game resets Sims that I haven't even played or visited, which means the games is simulating their movements even if I don't play. 

It's amazing the game is doing this but it's basically a huge price to play for performance in order to get that "instant load" affect around town. It means the whole town has to be active constantly and that causes way too many errors and issues that it makes the game unplayable. 

The Sims 3 on console was smart to set the worlds out like Sims 4. It was a design choice that payed off. 

I installed another Nraas mod called Tagger that allows me to see every single Sim in the world from map view and I find fascinating how the game literally simulates every single sim. I really love the idea, but it's so poorly executed, the game just can't handle that level of simulation. 

7 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Which MacBook Pro do you have? Most of them run the game fairly good, but if you're playing on Mac just make sure you don't update to the next Mac OS as that update will end support for The Sims 3. 

The 13" 2018 version with the touch bar