The Sims | StrangerVille - February 26!

5,910 posts in this topic

Danger

I never played ts3 on PC. I bought it for Xbox years ago and played like three times lol. I remember liking the sim craving certain foods during pregnancy and being able to go food shopping. Prior to that i only played sims on GameCube :rip: 

at this point I’m bored of the sims it’s been months since I’ve really really played, like I’ll start the game and mess around for 20 mins and dasss it. This has happened before and only got back into sims after a friend of mine kept talking about how much she loved the game 

Tiziano's Boy
On 12/25/2018 at 8:31 PM, bestfiction said:

Sims 2 soundtrack had so many BOPS :jonny:their minds

This brings back so many happy memories, luckily enough I still have The Sims 2: Ultimate Collection on my PC, does anyone think that the Sims 2: University Neighbourhood theme would have suited The Sims 2: Pets better? The Sims 2: Nightlife Junkie XL Remix is THAT BITCH! :jamming: :jamming: The Freetime Neighbourhood theme, what were they thinking? :dies: The Apartment Life Neighbourhood Theme is even better than it, I think the University Neighbourhood theme is my favourite along with The Sims 2: Seasons Simplicity is Key CAS theme, it's just gorgeous :smitten:

WestCoast
On 1/11/2019 at 9:16 AM, The Unforgiving said:

They should remaster TS3 for its 10th anniversary. Imagine a TS3 that doesn't lag when you have all packs installed and with updated smoother and richer graphics :jonny5:

The way this would stomp and kill The Sims 4 in its tracks :deadbanana2: TS3 is miles better than TS4 so having a smooth experience with all DLC installed would just be insane (in a good way). 

The Sims Mobile 4 can't hold a candle to TS3.

Crueltivity

I still can’t believe the way they RUINED the franchise. God I f*cking hate ea

gloamingtheplain
5 hours ago, WestCoast said:

The way this would stomp and kill The Sims 4 in its tracks :deadbanana2: TS3 is miles better than TS4 so having a smooth experience with all DLC installed would just be insane (in a good way). 

The Sims Mobile 4 can't hold a candle to TS3.

And yet The Sims 4 is way more successful than 3 ever was, even on console where they fixed all the issues from the PC version but they cancelled the DLC cos no one cared, lmao.

The game is hideous, the Sims 2 even looked better when it came to objects etc. The only actual benefit of Sims 3 was the world's and Create A Style, both which crash the game and cause lag from Day 1 so what was the point? 

The Sims 3 was old looking when it first came up  and out. The Sims 4 is comparable to games that have been released recently like Fortnite.

They messed up the base game (critics agree), but the DLC is much better (critics agree) apart from City Living and Get To Work, 

The Sims 3 base game didn't have much content, but felt complete. 

gloamingtheplain
56 minutes ago, Crueltivity said:

Ruined with better sales and reviews? Hope all my favourite things get ruined ❤️

RihannaLoverrr
1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

And yet The Sims 4 is way more successful than 3 ever was, even on console where they fixed all the issues from the PC version but they cancelled the DLC cos no one cared, lmao.

The game is hideous, the Sims 2 even looked better when it came to objects etc. The only actual benefit of Sims 3 was the world's and Create A Style, both which crash the game and cause lag from Day 1 so what was the point? 

The Sims 3 was old looking when it first came up  and out. The Sims 4 is comparable to games that have been released recently like Fortnite.

They messed up the base game (critics agree), but the DLC is much better (critics agree) apart from City Living and Get To Work, 

The Sims 3 base game didn't have much content, but felt complete. 

Where is the sales information for TS4? Cause I can never find any, whereas sims 3 they had the sales published everywhere because it had record breaking sales.

https://www.cnet.com/news/sims-3-sets-franchise-sales-record/

samuel656
5 hours ago, RihannaLoverrr said:

Where is the sales information for TS4? Cause I can never find any, whereas sims 3 they had the sales published everywhere because it had record breaking sales.

https://www.cnet.com/news/sims-3-sets-franchise-sales-record/

https://youtu.be/wGt3AW_ROQ0

Sims 4 rep confirmed that they have definitely sold over 5 million copies WW at 3:00.  This interview was during the prerelease of City Living.  I could easily see the game selling 4-5 more million since then 

teenagechrist

I miss quarterly teasers, I'm bored af. 

Jaye

So miss Daisy Davis tried to fight with me now I'm turning her husband Dorian gay and plan on stealing him and her family from her.

Haburo

giphy.gif

i had all the sims 3 expansions and most stuff packs and guess what game won't work without crashing on my MacBook pro 2015?? not even off origin

Nutitle
On 1/13/2019 at 3:54 AM, Crueltivity said:

Tea

noonbob
On 1/13/2019 at 6:54 AM, Crueltivity said:

This.

:frown:

Thank God we have Sacrificial and his mods, They're the only reason I play the game.

Also where is this spin off Sims game ??

I remember people talking about it here and posting concept art.

teenagechrist

Even the game changers are done with TS4 lmao 

The fact that he retweeted this 

Another GC 

:eatpopcorn:

The Unforgiving

As I suspected, Get Famous is a quick burner. It was a good pack but definitely not worth $40. 

velocity

yeah sims 5 isn't the solution because we'll be back right at the beginning again and I don't want to wait for years for the same couple of EPs again. i have hope that they'll come up with new EPs that are something we haven't seen yet. going back to base game isn't gonna do anything for me.

also people like carmen who rely heavily on mods to have fun will never be happy with the game. all she does is make her sims prostitutes, strippers, drug addicts etc who ****, kill and are messy. sims is never going to be that game and a little bit of novelty of a new base game isn't going to change that.

Nutitle

Ugh The Sims 3 is a ****ING Masterpiece and even the GCs agree :jonny5: no future Sims games will ever top it

ArianadelRey

I lowkey don't miss the open world. It was cool but really only a few could enjoy it.

CASt NEEDS to comeback, like, i don't get why we can customize fecking pets but can't anything else:bibliahh:

The Unforgiving

4's base was never that to good begin with. EA started the marathon on the wrong foot. That's why 4 has always been critically panned. If 5's base game is actually good, I don't mind waiting +3 for my favorite packs like seasons or w/e.

gloamingtheplain
On 1/17/2019 at 6:43 PM, teenagechrist said:

Even the game changers are done with TS4 lmao 

The fact that he retweeted this 

Another GC 

:eatpopcorn:

They can complain all they want, they all stopped playing Sims 3 because it sucked and just forgot.

Nearly none of the Game Changers will touch the Sims 3 even when it gives them great views. They just remember how they felt playing it when it was new. 

If the Sims 3 was so great so many people would go back to it. Deli did a Sims 3 video recently and it did just as well as her Sims 4 stuff so it can’t be for views. Same with SimSupply etc. 

I garunutee when The Sims 5 comes out, people will bash it because there will be stuff from Sims 4 missing. And it will be the exact same people who bashed Sims 4. 

Nostalgia plays a huge part in the Sims Community. People even want features that old games had even if it adds nothing to gameplay or makes it worse (eg. Newspapers or more random deaths) 

Yves

The open world feature in TS3 was great and all but I would be fine if they didn't bring it back for TS5.

I agree with the other member, they need to give us CASt back.

King Of My Heart

I don’t really care about the open world feature tbh. The Sims 3 literally killed my two laptops so she can rot too. I just wish The Sims 5 won’t be about making money like The Sims 4, which I know is kinda impossible since it’s EA but still. I don’t want to pay a lot of coin just to get a few cute basic features.

teenagechrist
1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

They can complain all they want, they all stopped playing Sims 3 because it sucked and just forgot.

Nearly none of the Game Changers will touch the Sims 3 even when it gives them great views. They just remember how they felt playing it when it was new. 

If the Sims 3 was so great so many people would go back to it. Deli did a Sims 3 video recently and it did just as well as her Sims 4 stuff so it can’t be for views. Same with SimSupply etc. 

I garunutee when The Sims 5 comes out, people will bash it because there will be stuff from Sims 4 missing. And it will be the exact same people who bashed Sims 4. 

Nostalgia plays a huge part in the Sims Community. People even want features that old games had even if it adds nothing to gameplay or makes it worse (eg. Newspapers or more random deaths) 

Simmers don't play TS3 because it runs like **** on most computers because EA didn't give a damn about it and left it broken, not because they don't like it. They didn't bother to optimize the game or to turn it into a 64 bits application. Nobody would play 4 if 3 ran properly, it's objectively a way more entertaining game, with a way more interesting AI, and way more possibilities. 

People will bash TS5 if it's the same, boring, half-assed mess that is TS4, which probably it will be since apparently now their audience is people with crappy laptops that want to play the game. We need a solid base game with a good AI that doesn't requires you to buy all the DLCs in order to find It a little bit entertaining, but they are not going to give us that. 

And nostalgia is not that powerful. I've tried to give TS4 a lot of chances but it can only keep me entertained for a few weeks and then it becomes boring. I don't have these problems with TS2/3, I can play for hours. 

Bad Things

Does anyone play on a Macbook Pro 2017? I wanna redownload and play but I don't wanna **** my laptop up lol.