Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

The Sims | Island Living! Mermaids are back!

6,640 posts in this topic

Another day, Another fanmade pack better than actual pack :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Xalric said:

Another day, Another fanmade pack better than actual pack :deadbanana2:

Has anyone played around with this yet? I haven't but I want too

I was replaying The Sims 2 Castaway and the way I screamed when I beat story mode and I saw that the neighborhood had only 5-6 lots for sims, and they were all full.  :rip:

Maxis Monthly starts in an hour and a half. They won't talk/show new content apparently. 

2 hours ago, teenagechrist said:

Yesterday I started playing Sunset Valley... But in The Sims 2! And it's amazing how well recreated is everything and the fact that the rabbit holes are fully furnished and you can use all of them :jonny5: 

https://danies-simsational-blog.tumblr.com/post/177882865620/before-pleasantview-there-was-sunset-valley

OMG this is incredible

4 hours ago, teenagechrist said:

Yesterday I started playing Sunset Valley... But in The Sims 2! And it's amazing how well recreated is everything and the fact that the rabbit holes are fully furnished and you can use all of them :jonny5: 

https://danies-simsational-blog.tumblr.com/post/177882865620/before-pleasantview-there-was-sunset-valley

This looks so good :jonny5:

So has University been announced yet?

So next month we're supposed to get a huge update and possibly an EP to go with it but EA/The Sims Studio is still hibernating. CLOWNS.

Tragic Clawn

I feel like it's gonna br a farming pack. Idk, there was that poll last year + a lot of demand. 

Getting back into the series! Starting with Sims 2 (I have to organize my mods for 3 to get back into it) and, possibly, if I can get Sims classic to work. Considering of playing Sims 4 too, but I already have it on my iPhone (I'm one of those users who insisted on saying the 4th iteration is MADE for mobile), and I might get it on PS4 too.

My main sim atm is Morty Roth, and his goal husband is Daniel Pleasant. I keep adding and adding more lovers to him before finally committing tho. It has to reflect my life! :clap3:

WaiT. It's not University :duca:

@gloamingtheplain Do you think it's legit? Most retailer listings don't lie.

I seriously wanted university.. I was setting up all my teen sims for it as well. :mazen:

Tropical stuff never really excited me, I never really got to play the sims 4 island paradise much tho because my computer couldn't run it well

22 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

TS3 Island Paradise worked* because of the Open World,  i don't see it working on The Sims 4 tbh :rip:

* it worked if you forget about the lag and the glitches

Watch University be scrapped all together:rip:

1 hour ago, ArianadelRey said:

Watch University be scrapped all together:rip:

University is this era's Seasons. It won't be ignored, EA is purposely delaying it to sell stuff no one asks for first, then release it as the game begins to die down a bit.

OT: This could be great tbh. Despite the obvious problems with Island Paradise (which were patched later), it was one of the best expansions of 3 and the world absolutely stunning.

I hope they include hotels/resorts, swimming in open waters and mermaids. Otherwise they can keep it.

tfw revisting all those old ass Sims 1 CC sites and going on a download spree :celestial2:

10 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

Sounds plausible. I don't have any insider information on it, sadly. But it makes sense if there's a huge update to the game, that's removing a whole bunch of players on Mac and PC, it's because whatever is coming is more demanding. 

10 hours ago, Nutitle said:

TS3 Island Paradise worked* because of the Open World,  i don't see it working on The Sims 4 tbh :rip:

* it worked if you forget about the lag and the glitches

Bon Voyage is MUCH better than Island Paradise. And that was more closed than Sims 4. Get Together also has better islands than Island Paradise, so I imagine the worlds would look amazing. 

I imagine it will be just a tropical destination rather than a Island Paradise clone. 

8 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

University is this era's Seasons. It won't be ignored, EA is purposely delaying it to sell stuff no one asks for first, then release it as the game begins to die down a bit.

OT: This could be great tbh. Despite the obvious problems with Island Paradise (which were patched later), it was one of the best expansions of 3 and the world absolutely stunning.

I hope they include hotels/resorts, swimming in open waters and mermaids. Otherwise they can keep it.

Island Paradise still needs mods to be playable. If you play without mods, the game freezes every few seconds. 

They better have non-rabbit hole hotel/resorts. I'm still annoyed that you couldn't run a Hotel in Bon Voyage even with Open For Business, even though they promised you'd be able to run "any business" past or future. 

And Island Paradise having rabbit holes ruined the Resort experience for me. 

They will probably announce it next week just like Seasons. 

If they allow Windenburg Island's beaches to be swimmable, I'll buy this. 

I think turquoise or yellow will be the color of the pack. 

I think they'll name it "Get Soaked" or something lol. 

Windenburg had 1 island it wasn't tropical :skull:

It's a nice world though

Running an hotel is boring as ****.

IA that Bon Voyage is amazing (but also really expensive to travel, lol).

TS3 Island Paradise as a concept and as a world was amazing, but god it was so glitchy and unplayable. I'm sure TS4 Tropical Paradise won't be that buggy considering the TS4 EPs include 40% of what TS3's EPs included and that's tea. 

So the next EP is end of 2019, next year? I really want University. I really do not understand how they think. Oh yes, instead of doing an EP about an essential part about a Sim's life, let's do a TROPICAL PARADISE EP!!!!111!!! 

I just installed The Sims 3 on an SSD and oh my ****ing god the difference everything loads SO FAST! :jonny5: I have almost no lag with max settings, which is amazing. (Except high lot detail which I have to keep down to 3 or it starts to lag like crazy due to the game constantly loading and unloading lots depending on where I move the camera :ace:)