• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gloamingtheplain

• The Unforgiving

• PoKiTaurus

• WillieMonroe

A question: Is it posdible to have 20+ generations in Sims 3 without the family tree breaking, or is this image bull****?

There's a lot of fake news in the EA forum so idk if I can believe that someone managed to go this far in a single save file in Sims 3. Wasn't a major issue in the game how the tree always breaks?

bJxwlt2.png

• ATRL Moderator
On 9/25/2018 at 10:15 PM, Tiziano's Boy said:

I am currently playing with my own family, Mark (My husband) is currently addicted to coke and he's pregnant as well, my sister chainsawed our grandmother, she was arrested for killing her and Mark was arrested as well due to his coke addiction, it's so sad and hilarious at the same time :dies:

You have the Extreme Violence mod?

gloamingtheplain
On 9/28/2018 at 1:40 AM, PoKiTaurus said:

Did you all see Grant's tweet yesterday? Sims 4 has at least 3 more years

:duca:

He’s been saying this since forever :rip:

He told us back in May. 

12 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

He’s been saying this since forever :rip:

He told us back in May. 

I need to open a twitter account and follow him 

So excited for October 2!

• #FreeBritney Activist

I hate supernaturals but I really don’t know whether I’d rather witches or fame for the next pack 

PrismaticFluff

i love how sims 4 haters always say that earlier expansions had more content, yet fail to name any of that so-called deep, thoughtful content 

things always seem better in retrospect, combined with nostalgia

• #FreeBritney Activist
4 hours ago, PrismaticFluff said:

i love how sims 4 haters always say that earlier expansions had more content, yet fail to name any of that so-called deep, thoughtful content 

things always seem better in retrospect, combined with nostalgia

I’d love the tanning booth back from the sims 3 but I agree 

gloamingtheplain
10 hours ago, The Unforgiving said:

Sims 4 packs never had any deep, thoughtful content.

Depends. 

Sims 3 players say Late Night is better than CL for example, and yet nearly everything Late Night offered was half finished. 

Half finished Fame system (needs Showtime)

Half finished Vampires (needs Supernatural)

Half finished Nightclubs (needs Showtime)

Broken Butlers from Day 1 (just Google it)

The Active Movie Star career has barely any gameplay, most of it is in the Rabbit Hole.

Only decent addition was the band system. 

City Living provides way more than this, and is considered the “emptiest” Expansion Pack. 

If you don’t join the CL careers, it can feel empty. But that’s because the majority of the gameplay is in the careers. 

It would be like buying Showtime but without joining a career. That’s where most of the gameplay is. 

But CL is considered the emptiest and yet is more complete and offers more than one of The Sims 3’s “fan favourite” packs.

Bridgeport should have just been sold as a world and the rest of the gameplay added to Showtime. 

gloamingtheplain
6 hours ago, PrismaticFluff said:

and sims 3 packs did? 

Apart from Ambitions, WA and INF, most of the Sims 3 EP’s feel bigger because of Open World but gameplay wise, they were smaller. 

The Unforgiving
6 hours ago, gloamingtheplain said:

Depends. 

Sims 3 players say Late Night is better than CL for example, and yet nearly everything Late Night offered was half finished. 

Half finished Fame system (needs Showtime)

Half finished Vampires (needs Supernatural)

Half finished Nightclubs (needs Showtime)

Broken Butlers from Day 1 (just Google it)

The Active Movie Star career has barely any gameplay, most of it is in the Rabbit Hole.

Only decent addition was the band system. 

City Living provides way more than this, and is considered the “emptiest” Expansion Pack. 

If you don’t join the CL careers, it can feel empty. But that’s because the majority of the gameplay is in the careers. 

It would be like buying Showtime but without joining a career. That’s where most of the gameplay is. 

But CL is considered the emptiest and yet is more complete and offers more than one of The Sims 3’s “fan favourite” packs.

Bridgeport should have just been sold as a world and the rest of the gameplay added to Showtime. 

Okay I'm not gonna address this whole essay but CL is the emptiest EP, because it is. There's no way around that. The only good thing it offered is the build/buy stuff. Everything else sucked.

Edited by The Unforgiving
gloamingtheplain
9 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Okay I'm not gonna address this whole essay but CL is the emptiest EP, because it is. There's no way around that. The only good thing it offered is the build/buy stuff. Everything else sucked.

That’s the point. It’s the emptiest EP for TS4 so far, yet had more usable content than Late Night. 

The Unforgiving
Just now, gloamingtheplain said:

That’s the point. It’s the emptiest EP for TS4 so far, yet had more usable content than Late Night. 

It really didn't...

gloamingtheplain
10 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

It really didn't...

As I said above, name one thing in Late Night that stands on it’s own without needing another EP to finish the content or make worthwhile. It’s literally just the bands. 

The Unforgiving
1 minute ago, gloamingtheplain said:

As I said above, name one thing in Late Night that stands on it’s own without needing another EP to finish the content or make worthwhile. It’s literally just the bands. 

Bridgeport

gloamingtheplain
13 minutes ago, The Unforgiving said:

Bridgeport

So the world. Exactly why I said it was better off being a world pack above :rip:

City Living at least has more going for it than the world (which is amazing I love the fact it was based on the Urbz) but even still. 

LadyGagaStan93
2 minutes ago, gloamingtheplain said:

So the world. Exactly why I said it was better off being a world pack above :rip:

City Living at least has more going for it than the world (which is amazing I love the fact it was based on the Urbz) but even still. 

Urbz was such a concept :smitten:

gloamingtheplain
13 minutes ago, LadyGagaStan93 said:

Urbz was such a concept :smitten:

Not only was the world districts based on the ones from the Urbz, there are also Urbz Easter eggs in CL. 

It’s not enough to be a sequel though 😥

The Unforgiving
1 hour ago, gloamingtheplain said:

San Myshuno was awful. Remember everything I said about set dressing?

• #FreeBritney Activist

I love san Myshono it actually gives you the city experience because everywhere is full of sims and the game doesn’t stutter and lag every few seconds.