Billboard Charts (June 25 - July 1, 2017)

iHype.

89. "Feel It Still" - Portugal. The Man (Debut)

WAIT, this song is amazing! Hope it crosses over. :jamming: 

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• One Nation

• brianc33710

9 hours ago, volition said:

it's obviously not going to lose the same amount of points per week

i want wild thoughts to go number one eventually, though i couldn't care less if b2m's record is broken or not.

Mariah's*

2 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

Is Sam Hunt ever shooting a video for Body Like A Back Road?

Country videos are useless from chart POV. He must have realized that 

3 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

Is Sam Hunt ever shooting a video for Body Like A Back Road?

We don't think so :(

So BB considers Lorde's new album "Alternative" but not "Rock." Halsey is classified the same way. I know Royals spent a long time at #1 on Rock Songs, but I don't remember whether BB classified the album as both Alternative and Rock or just Alternative. There's a fine line here, as only a few albums designated Alternative are excluded from Rock.

3 hours ago, DangerousSwiftie said:

Well that's for strictly country songs. It's a pop single now, and pop singles do benefit from videos.

And it's top 20 on Spotify, which is amazing for a country song. It's good even for a pop song lol. So I think the song has reached a different audience where a music video might help it.

6 hours ago, Monster Megamind said:

Country videos are useless from chart POV. He must have realized that 

Take Your Time and Break Up In A Small Town did very well on video streaming (and ODS). He streams stronger than any other Country artist by a big margin. I think he has/will do a video, but he's waiting for more mainstream airplay to kick in. Then he might go Top 5. 

i don't care about imagine dragons' music, but i'm glad it's going t10 just cuz it bothers me when songs that sell super well don't

Yes Despacito racking up huge points with 2 different versions both in itunes top 20. Then huge streams from two versions also especially on You tube. Its not bigger than Shape of you. Its solo Ed versus multi artists and multi versions.

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, Rentboy said:

Yes Despacito racking up huge points with 2 different versions both in itunes top 20. Then huge streams from two versions also especially on You tube. Its not bigger than Shape of you. Its solo Ed versus multi artists and multi versions.

With both versions combined, it clearly is.

Just now, J-boy said:

With both versions combined, it clearly is.

I must need glasses cause its not clear to me.

QueenofCopyPaste
6 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

I must need glasses cause its not clear to me.

Despacito has higher points than Shape of You each and every week from the start of their reign at #1. (except when Shape of You debuted at #1)

Despacito

1st week at #1 - 518 

2nd week at #1 - 610 (+92)

3rd week at #1 - 660 (+50)

4th week at #1 - 703 (+43)

5th week at #1 - 737 (+35)

6th week at #1 - 768 (+31) (peaked in overall points)

7th week at #1 - 748 (-20) (point decline starts)

8th week at #1 - 736 (-12) (early predictions) *slightly decreased*

Shape of You

1st week at #1 

#2 - 365

#2 - 401 (+36)

2nd week at #1 - 499 (+98)

3rd week at #1 - 534 (+35)

4th week at #1 - 687  (+153)

5th week at #1 - 611 (-76)

6th week at #1 - 623 (+12)

7th week at #1 - 610 (-13)

8th week at #1 - 702 (+92) album release *peak in overall points)

9th week at #1 - 629 (-73)

10th week at #1 - 607(-22)

11th week at #1 - 581 (-26)

12th week at #1 - 560 (-21)

Humble #1 - 534...Shape of You #2 - 515 (-45)

I dont live in a Billboard chart points obsessed world so reposting that means nothing to me. My opinion is that Shape of you is the bigger song. And it didnt take a village. Or multi versions. Who even takes credit for Despacito when it took so many artists?

QueenofCopyPaste
6 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

I dont live in a Billboard chart points obsessed world so reposting that means nothing to me. My opinion is that Shape of you is the bigger song. And it didnt take a village. Or multi versions. Who even takes credit for Despacito when it took so many artists?

Then why post here? :cm:

20 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

"CTRL+F "My opinion"

No results found 

:celestial5:

and .....

Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' Remixes: Listen to the 13 Best

Ed Sheeran - "Shape of You" (Major Lazer Remix) f/ Nayla & Kranium

Ed Sheeran - "Shape of You" (Galantis Remix)

Ed Sheeran - "Shape of You" (Stormzy Remix)

Ed Sheeran - "Shape of You" (Latin Remix) f/ Zion & Lennox 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/7669090/ed-sheeran-shape-of-you-remixes-best

:cm:

Despacito is already bigger than SOY and this is not even an opinion.

Despacito is much much bigger imo 

it feels bigger than when SOY was smashing. They both got released around the same time and after 6 months they are both slaying still

Edited by LostInStereo100

Despacito is bigger at the moment but I feel like SOY will have  longevity on its side. Despacito is the type of song that once it burns out, it BURNS out 

9 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

So BB considers Lorde's new album "Alternative" but not "Rock." Halsey is classified the same way. I know Royals spent a long time at #1 on Rock Songs, but I don't remember whether BB classified the album as both Alternative and Rock or just Alternative. There's a fine line here, as only a few albums designated Alternative are excluded from Rock.

Why do they do this :skull:

Melodrama is as pop as it can possibly get. Lorde even calls herself a popstar.

I think @Rentboy is getting at that 'Shape of You' was bigger because it did all that without multiple versions counting towards it.

3 hours ago, Émotif Fool said:

Despacito is bigger at the moment but I feel like SOY will have  longevity on its side. Despacito is the type of song that once it burns out, it BURNS out 

But I feel crossover hits have more longevity... 

2 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Why do they do this :skull:

Melodrama is as pop as it can possibly get. Lorde even calls herself a popstar.

It's based on where the artists gets the plurality/majority of their support. Since Prince charted with the same songs on Rock and Urban, I can't figure out why Royals, which went to #2 at Rhythmic, and #3 on Urban (#1 there for a day or two), and even Top 30 on UAC, BB definitely dropped the ball by not allowing Royals to chart on their R&B/Hip-Hop Chart. I honestly think Royals was more Urban than Rock, but I don't work there lol. Who knows.....

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

Another serious concern for Despacito to beat out SOY is recurrence rules.  Assuming both sings go 52 weeks, Despacito had 10 weeks below #5, seriously impacting its overall point possibility in comparison to SOY  which started much higher point wise.

Yeah. Despacito spent a lot of its time charting prior to the remix. So the weeks charted are somewhat deceiving. But who knows. Despacito could have to stay above 25 to get past 52 weeks to edge out SOY.