ATRL Top 50 | juss keep breathin n breathin

Samson

• ATRL Moderator

Introducing…

tWWELSC.png

Banner by DivaCup :heart2:

Welcome to the ATRL Top 50!

A new top 50 songs chart where ATRL's taste is fairly represented.

The latest issue can be read here.

All you have to do is sign up with your ATRL and Last.fm username. https://goo.gl/forms/8pui4b0w9pTywGcf1

From 2011 to 2013, forum mod Porygon2z used to run a forum-wide chart based on ATRL's tastes (with a formula change coming later in the chart's life when it totally represented ATRL's tastes, and Billboard bonuses were dropped). Unfortunately, the chart eventually died, and people moved onto the Most Addicted Members chart. However, with a program that Reddit user letsallpoo made, I can now carry on with this chart.

With this program (made by again, Reddit user letsallpoo), I can gather the top 15s of a group of people and compile it together into one huge list.

So, how exactly does the program work, and what is the chart methodology?

The program collects the top 15s of a group of people that I list in a text file. It then aggregates all the top 15s into one grand chart. The program ignores the play count in the top 15s; it looks at the placements. The #1 song gets 19 points, and the #15 song gets 4 points. The tracking period will be set to be the last seven days of every profile.

The tracking week is from Thursday at 12:00 PM UTC to the next Thursday at 11:59:59 AM UTC. I will be updating the chart every week on Thursdays or Fridays.

Chart rules

- There is no limit on how many songs can show up by one act.

- Cover songs are not allowed to chart unless they are officially released to a major music outlet (such as Spotify, iTunes, etc.) by either themselves or their label.

- There are no recurrent rules.

- Only official remixes released to major music outlets are allowed to chart. Any other non-official remix will have its points mixed in with the main track, unless it manages to actually be popular to a point that it goes top 15.

- A- and B-tracks of a single will be counted separately.

- If there's a track with multiple songs in one (like Lorde's "Hard Feelings/Loveless", and Pharrell William's "Lost Queen" that features the hidden track "Freq"), it will chart the way the artist intended it to be. That means no splitting of "Lost Queen" and "Freq" from each other, and no splitting "Hard Feelings" and "Loveless" from each other. Those are examples, but you get the gist.

- Leaked music will be able to chart, but only if they are scraps of an album, such as Marina & the Diamonds' "I'm Not Hungry Anymore". Songs that are confirmed to be released (such as when Taylor Swift's Reputation leaked the day before release) will have points from the period it was leaked merged into the points the song receives in its official release week.

Definitions of what is considered as "alternative/rock", "Asian", and "urban"

With the arrival of the Urban Songs Chart and the Asian Songs Chart starting from the second issue, dated 7 July 2017, and the arrival of the Alternative & Rock Songs Chart starting from the twenty-third issue, dated 30 November 2017, some people may have been confused or wondering what I consider as "alternative/rock", "Asian", and "urban". Here are the definitions:

Alternative/rock - Any song that is officially sent to alternative stations and active rock stations in the United States, any song that is alternative pop, rock (and its subgenres), indie genres (indie pop, etc), metal, dream pop, AOR, etc., and any song that has major rock influences and alternative music influences. Pop-rock and other related genres will be considered, but very closely. If it's stuff like Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend", then it'll be counted.

Asian - Any song that is performed in an Asian language. Whether it be Korean, Arabic, Hindustani, Mandarin, Tagalog… any language that comes from Asia. It is a very literal definition.

Urban - Any song that is officially sent to urban/UAC radios in the United States, and any song that is rap, hip-hop, R&B (including alt-R&B), dancehall, reggae, Afrobeats, zouk, horrorcore, etc. Pop-rap, and comedy rap/novelty acts such as Lil Dicky do not count. And genre-bending music like songs from Calvin Harris's Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1 also will not count. This is because, even though they tend to feature acts that make generally urban music, and the songs themselves are mostly funk and disco, which are urban genres, they have a very clear pop lean and the hooks are more sing-song.

Alright, how do I sign up?

You may sign up through here. If Google Forms isn't working for you for whatever reason, first try Chrome. If that doesn't work, please let me know in this thread so I can add you. You are allowed to sign up from Monday to Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. You are not allowed to sign up on Fridays because this is when the program begins to collect stats from all the Last.fm's to create the chart. The process is only about 10-20 minutes depending on the amount of people and amount of variety in music tastes you all have… But still.

To leave, please notify me via private message.

Again, PLEASE do make sure to sign up through HERE. If the site isn't working, let me know so I can add you.

Edited by Yndda

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samson

• Bloodflowers.

• R!ck

• JGibson

Yay! This is so exciting. Can't wait for the first chart :duca:

Signed up but ngl I still have no idea what I'm doing 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Lukey said:

Signed up but ngl I still have no idea what I'm doing 

You're signing up for your last.fm data to contribute towards the chart

Edited by Yndda

• ATRL Moderator

Oh, you need Last.fm to do this? :doc:  What about all the Apple Music users out there?

I can't quote atm for some odd reason but @Yndda what about people (like myself) who enjoys having a song on repeat, how many plays max will be contributed to the final total overall? 

Get Spotify ugly

73cq63c.jpg

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, jpow said:

Oh, you need Last.fm to do this? :doc:  What about all the Apple Music users out there?

Try CloudScrob or QuietScrob so you can have a last.fm to track your listens

Or you can send me your Top 15's

Just now, Lukey said:

I can't quote atm for some odd reason but @Yndda what about people (like myself) who enjoys having a song on repeat, how many plays max will be contributed to the final total overall? 

the program doesn't look at play counts. it looks at positions.

Edited by Yndda

1 minute ago, Yndda said:

the program doesn't look at play counts. it looks at positions.

Oh...

Poor Lea

Lukey

OH MY GOD IT LET ME QUOTE

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, Lukey said:

Get Spotify ugly

73cq63c.jpg

I'm not paying twice as much for Spotify sorry! :flower:  

2 minutes ago, Yndda said:

Neither of those apps work for me :'(

Are there any other apps that track Apple Music? :dancehall: 

Signed :heart2: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, jpow said:

you could also try the official ios last.fm app. just allow access to your library in it, then when you press "scan", it does the scrobbling

Cute concept. Let me sign up! 

12 minutes ago, jpow said:

QuietScrob works great for me and I use Apple Music :katie: 

BTW, love this! Joined 

10 minutes ago, jpow said:

I'm not paying twice as much for Spotify sorry! :flower:  

You need to have your music available offline for it to scrobble. The last.fm scrobbler app should work fine enough. 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, DangerousSwiftie said:

So like, all I have to do is sign up and then you do all the work? I won't need to do anything?

Yep! a program does it for me!

Alright! Sounds cool!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.