Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

152,977 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Nip Tuck said:

Her New Body verse is better than all of Megatron :rip:

The lyrics are there, but the song overall is very lowkey so I don't know what y'all expected

i read somewhere that she recycled the verses? from MAMA or something? i'm not sure, don't know all her verses by heart unfortunately

1 minute ago, Rihabelye said:

i read somewhere that she recycled the verses? from MAMA or something? i'm not sure, don't know all her verses by heart unfortunately

She didn't :rip:

She used the 'I bust shots, don't duck' line from Hard White though but gave it a different ending

9 minutes ago, Rihabelye said:

She needs to make a 2 hour YouTube video addressing every single negative narrative about her career and personal life. I feel like there is so much bad and false information floating around about her that it's really hurting her image. From people thinking she was the one who bailed her brother out even though it was her mother, thinking mr. Petty recently raped a girl when that was an attempted rape conviction when he was 16 and she was 15(?), to thinking the Lil' Kim beef was all Nicki's fault and thinking that Nicki has never supported other female rappers through her uprise. Also needs to address people constantly talking about how she always raps about *****/sex/money and point to the plethora of examples that prove that narrative is completely wrong. She needs to be apologetic of her past behaviour and beefs, but still let people know what it was all really about and how it really went down/what was going through her head. Basically a confession video, but not as fake and cringey as James Charles did it. I feel like that would really clear the road up for her to grow still in the future because her past actions are really holding her back in the eyes of the general population, especially in the hip-hop community that just won't let some things slide (and for some things, I understand why they won't). She also needs to speak on how she came up and the industry struggles she had to go through and explain how she's not the one stopping bags, but the managements/labels/publishers are, along with the sexist and disrespectful community.

I also think that a woman of her status should slowly start to move away from music videos like Good Form/Megatron, or at least class them up a little, make them more regal/classy, and move to music videos like Hard White/Ganja Burn/Freedom, especially Freedom. She has the budget and I think it would really set her apart from the lessers because a lot of the new rap girls have started doing better mv's than her, which is not okay if she wants to make the queen title indisputable.

Another thing that I think could help her career is separating the singing from the rapping. We all know she loves to rap, but I think she loves to sing her heart out just as much and this love of hers towards singing has given us amazing ballads such as I Lied, Grand Piano, Come See About Me and others. Either she needs an alter ego (I don't think this is a good solution though, it would take a lot of good promoting to get it going), or to separate the pop/r&b songs from the rap songs in her albums. For example, if the album has 16 tracks, separate it into 2 parts, the first part being rap then the second being pop/r&b, maybe with one additional transitional song/interlude between the parts. She can make it clear on the back cover of the album that it is separated into 2 parts, maybe even separate it into 2 CDs. Spotify allows for separation like this (I know Beyonce's IASF has this), not sure about the other streaming services, but I think it would help her image as both types of fans would know what to listen to and what to skip if they like only one of the genres. Those who love both genres lose nothing, obviously, as they still get to listen to it all.

Furthermore, I think what would really, really help her career is a joint album with someone. I'm thinking primarily a male rapper, or some really, really good female rapper (Rapsody, Lil' Kim maybe if they can shut down the beef organically to not make it seem PR-ish). If it would be a male rapper, then someone like J. Cole or Kendrick Lamar (she's on good terms with both of them). I think this would really give her a platform to rap her ****ing ass off and tell the hip-hop community what's what, and the community would listen because she has another name backing her up. Usually, I think a lot of people from the community just dismiss her art and hate on her without even listening, or they don't listen carefully and miss a lot of her punchlines/double entendres. And we all know she has a lot of those.

I wish her a lot of luck, but I really think she is doing a lot of stuff wrong right now. From beefing with Gaga and Miley, to saying dumb **** on Queen radio, releasing a trash song like Megatron for a lead single, not collaborating with any of the new rappers, etc. She always jumps on remixes of male rap songs, but why can't she do a remix of Doja's Tia Tamera, Kash Doll's Ice Me Out, Megan's Big Ole Freak or Rico's Countin' Up and In The Air. I feel like she is only doing remixes of songs she thinks could blow up (**** like Swalla), and she should be above that by now.

she could do all of this in a year or two, and wheeeeew, there would literally be no solution to stopping her. atlantic would SEETHE

1 minute ago, Nip Tuck said:

She didn't :rip:

She used the 'I bust shots, don't duck' line from Hard White though but gave it a different ending

oh, well, glad to hear. the verse is good, i really like it.

Also, Ganja Burn deserved to ****ing smash! I just listened to it 5 times in a row, start to finish. I really love the outro, the mumbles and all. ugh, her mind!

3 minutes ago, Rihabelye said:

Megan's Big Ole Freak

This one pisses me off the most. Meg really wanted Nicki on that song. 

Things like this are why people say Nicki doesn't support female rappers. She's so quick to work with people like 6ix9ine though and idgi. Obviously, she hasn't had the best experiences with women, but there's this new generation coming up which 90% of the time is singing her praises.

23 minutes ago, Nip Tuck said:

Things like this are why people say Nicki doesn't support female rappers. She's so quick to work with people like 6ix9ine though and idgi. Obviously, she hasn't had the best experiences with women, but there's this new generation coming up which 90% of the time is singing her praises.

!!!!!!!! i literally sometimes can't fall asleep thinking about crap like this, ugh

Why is come see about me touching my soul at this moment... relatable nn

3 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

I think Nicki is smart enough to know that just because these girls sing her praises doesn't mean they don't want to take her spot. When Nicki came in the game she was praising Lil Kim and Foxy, but had every intention of being bigger and better and outdoing them. There are more interviews of Megan praising Lil Kim than there are of her praising Nicki, matter fact someone did a whole video collage of Megan stanning Kim in countless interviews. If Megan and Nicki wanted to do a song together they would have, clearly one or both does not want to.

In her XXL Freshman interview Megan says her goal is to be a female rap icon in 5 years, she is not pressed about no collab.

Someone said that Nicki Minaj and lil Kim should make up. NOW is not the time. 

ronin, ronin, ronin, imma take it like a klepto

anybody wanit they can get it, come correct though
talk behind my back but when they see me iss respecc though
still got the crown so i never giva f though

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Nip Tuck said:

It’s weird because she’ll work with basic clout rappers like Tekashi and Playboy Carti but have all these standards for female rappers :deadbanana4:  Like she didn’t mind that 69’s come up was social media driven and hardly about his skills

Which is why her rants never go over well. It’s almost transparent sometimes.

Posted (edited)

All the hardcore lyrical RAP females showing Cardi love because she namedropped and @‘ed them, i-

Its so weird how the one who should be more threatened by artists with actual talent is out here promoting and speaking out for them :deadbanana4: Tierra Wack is a BEAST and Nicki should have been linked up with her. And she waited til Megan started blowing up to acknowledge her, knowing damn well Megan has been fangirling and shouting her out since 2017 (when Cardi was too). 

Nicki waited until she started feeling invalidated to start properly acknowledging the new girls. And the new girls can see that she’s not in power anymore, unlike someone like DRAKE who understood how important it was to link up with younger artists and form a mutually beneficial thing (they use his name, he uses their young audience). Nicki doesn’t have that option anymore because she waited til she can barely chart to do this. 🤦🏽‍♂️ And I lowkey think the girls peep her game too and know how she rolls lowkey.

We need an undeniable bop. Trap.

Hard beat. Catchy hook. 

Think good form meets my type but with better bars. With a sickening video. 

2 minutes ago, Delicious said:

All the hardcore lyrical RAP females showing Cardi love because she namedropped and @‘ed them, i-

Its so weird how the one who should be more threatened by artists with actual talent is out here promoting and speaking out for them :deadbanana4: Tierra Wack is a BEAST and Nicki should have been linked up with her. And she waited til Megan started blowing up to acknowledge her, knowing damn well Megan has been fangirling and shouting her out since 2017 (when Cardi was too). 

Nicki waited until she started feeling invalidated to start properly acknowledging the new girls. And the new girls can see that she’s not in power anymore, unlike someone like DRAKE who understood how important it was to link up with younger artists and form a mutually beneficial thing (they use his name, he uses their young audience). Nicki doesn’t have that option anymore because she waited til she can barely chart to do this. 🤦🏽‍♂️

omg, when you put it that way. i honestly feel sorry for her, i think she maybe even realizes that she has made a mistake but is too bitter and proud to admit it. why does she have to be so goddamn insecure, like bitch you owned it for 12 years, loosen up, you got the money, longevity, legacy etc., get out of your comfort zone

Some people here cry all day. 

Get over it. 

10 minutes ago, Rihabelye said:

omg, when you put it that way. i honestly feel sorry for her, i think she maybe even realizes that she has made a mistake but is too bitter and proud to admit it. why does she have to be so goddamn insecure, like bitch you owned it for 12 years, loosen up, you got the money, longevity, legacy etc., get out of your comfort zone

I think she realizes how Kim felt when she started. It’s weird because the issue was always Wayne/Birdman, Nicki just got caught in it and being a new artist it was easy to spin it in her favor at the time. The same way it was easy for Cardi to do it to her.

I think a collab with Kim rn would be completely transparent like @Riri. said, but it would be good if they could hash it out behind the scenes. Nicki definitely helped to aide in the GP completely stripping Kim of all her impact. And now the same industry is doing it to her...

Go like and retweet yall

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Felipesf said:

Some people here cry all day. 

Get over it. 

we kinda need Nicki to stop crying and get over it too sis. She’s the one that keeps going away only to come back and complain again over old ****.

Besides, it beats discussing whatever Megatron is doing on the charts so....

26 minutes ago, Delicious said:

I think she realizes how Kim felt when she started. It’s weird because the issue was always Wayne/Birdman, Nicki just got caught in it and being a new artist it was easy to spin it in her favor at the time. The same way it was easy for Cardi to do it to her.

I think a collab with Kim rn would be completely transparent like @Riri. said, but it would be good if they could hash it out behind the scenes. Nicki definitely helped to aide in the GP completely stripping Kim of all her impact. And now the same industry is doing it to her...

I disagree. Kim wasn't relevant when nicki came out. Nicki may be past her peak. But with the right song she could do damage. Plus she's a better rapper than carly.

I feel like kim was bitter. Nicki payed her homage. What more did she want?

These other girls don't do it for me. Honestly.

Nicki has this factor that I don't get from anyone else. These other girls are cute for variety but I always come back home. 

10 years in & still charting. 100+ sold. She may not be as popular anymore & thats fine. It ain't about the race either its the marathon :heart2:

7 hours ago, Delicious said:

Nicki waited until she started feeling invalidated to start properly acknowledging the new girls. And the new girls can see that she’s not in power anymore, unlike someone like DRAKE who understood how important it was to link up with younger artists and form a mutually beneficial thing (they use his name, he uses their young audience). Nicki doesn’t have that option anymore because she waited til she can barely chart to do this. 🤦🏽‍♂️ And I lowkey think the girls peep her game too and know how she rolls lowkey.

She’s trying to back track on it now too. It’s still not coming off great though. She’s making it about how much they love her, not how much she likes them. 

And yeah its ironic because the girls she has given shine to usually aren’t the ‘lyrical’ ones.

But imagine if Nicki had gone for Tierra, Rapsody, Noname etc. She’s be in a whole different place right now :/

Posted (edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 12:36 PM, Abel Minaj said:

This.

Rich Sex is a whole bop. Charlemagne biased ass says no as soon as it comes out and everyone immediately hates it too 🙄. It inspired Khaled and Cardi to create the best song she's made since IOP dropped so there's that.

Well it didn’t help that this interview dropped 2 days after the song 

“Maybe I was naïve, but I didn’t realize how many girls were modern-day prostitutes,” she begins. “Whether you’re a stripper, or whether you’re an Instagram girl—these girls are so beautiful and they have so much to offer. But I started finding out that you give them a couple thousand dollars, and you can have sex with them. I was like, Yikes. It’s just sad that they don’t know their worth. It makes me sad as a woman. And it makes me sad that maybe I’ve contributed to that in some way

... I’m actually the antithesis of all of that... I’d rather you be called snobby or a bitch or conceited—I’d rather you be called that than easy, and a ho, and a slut”

She needs to stop doing interviews like Beyoncé and cancel Queen Radio before the new era officially starts 

Not sus using Beyonce again :bibliahh:

It's so annoying how she sucks Beyoncé's *****. Have some self respect. 

17 minutes ago, Felipesf said:

It's so annoying how she sucks Beyoncé's *****. Have some self respect. 

What happen?