Jump to content

Rita Ora Album Out November, Video Tomorrow

23 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

EarStyle

2D6E31FD00000578-3275782-image-a-107_144

 

Ora's week will get busier with Thursday's video release of "Your Song," her debut single on Atlantic Records (a full album, her first in America, is planned for the fall). Her 2012 debut album, "Ora," was a success internationally but it did not get a U.S. release. Despite that, she toured U.S. cities but had to pay for it herself.

 

 

"My team at the time thought it wasn't a good idea and it would be a waste of time. I thought differently because my online presence grew really dramatically ... And so the team ... they're like, 'Well we're not helping you, we can't do it. We're not going to put money into it.' I said, 'Well fine! I'll put my own money into it.' And so I did," said Ora, who was previously signed to Jay Z's Roc Nation and Columbia Records.

 

"And I phoned up Iggy (Azalea) ... she came on the road. It was so, like, small tour bus. I think we, at one point, shared one microphone. ...And you know what, every single show was sold out."

Ora said she will tour properly when her album — expected to feature 2 Chainz, Charli XCX, production duo Stargate and hit songwriter Julia Michaels — drops in November.

 

Full article: https://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2017-06-21/rita-ora-on-london-fire-paying-for-her-tour-and-boy-band

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thickorita

Not November :deadbanana2:

 

How are these labels thinking it is wise to drop the album months after the release of the lead? The album should be out 4-6 weeks after the lead, the long wait kills all hype and potentially the entire era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EarStyle
Just now, Thickorita said:

Not November :deadbanana2:

 

How are these labels thinking it is wise to drop the album months after the release of the lead? The album should be out 4-6 weeks after the lead, the long wait kills all hype and potentially the entire era.

In her case this will be good. "Your Song" won't really peak until about August/September with them just now pushing in the US. Then she can promote another single. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Janet
1 minute ago, Thickorita said:

Not November :deadbanana2:

 

How are these labels thinking it is wise to drop the album months after the release of the lead? The album should be out 4-6 weeks after the lead, the long wait kills all hype and potentially the entire era.

probably timing it with the X factor promo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BravoTangoWhiskey

finally an album

 

also :rip: at her old team not wanting to promote in the US

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EarStyle
3 minutes ago, Sam96 said:

I was expecting the album to drop in July/August but damn.. November. :deadbanana3:

Song isn't even taking off in the US yet. Def didn't see July or August as possibilities. She has a long way to go to rebuild her name here and get the music to the people. I think September/October would be better, but if they play their cards right November could be fine. It'll just be crowded with huge releases in time for Christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrisPop

Yes!! I don't mind November, it's the perfect time to release it imo. She's been away from music for some time so I'm sure she'll be promoting a lot these upcoming months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NumbFentyStan

Can't wait for the video!

November is really late, but at leats we're hopefully actually getting it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brooklyndaddy
42 minutes ago, EarStyle said:

In her case this will be good. "Your Song" won't really peak until about August/September with them just now pushing in the US. Then she can promote another single. 

 

 

It's so bad it deserves to flop in the US lol in need her to go back to the RIP sound but with more current production 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meril
2 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

It's so bad it deserves to flop in the US lol in need her to go back to the RIP sound but with more current production 

I came here to say this. Rita is too good for that average trash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
okgo

"And I phoned up Iggy (Azalea) ... she came on the road. It was so, like, small tour bus. I think we, at one point, shared one microphone. ...And you know what, every single show was sold out."

 
I went to that tour lol :)
hope things work out for her and she drops the album
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SomeGirl
6 hours ago, EarStyle said:

Song isn't even taking off in the US yet. Def didn't see July or August as possibilities. She has a long way to go to rebuild her name here and get the music to the people. I think September/October would be better, but if they play their cards right November could be fine. It'll just be crowded with huge releases in time for Christmas. 

Makes them seem confident tho. But I think she should be fine in the U.K. anyway.   Hopefully all goes to plan with this single so we get it on time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EarStyle
4 hours ago, okgo said:

 

 

 
I went to that tour lol :)
hope things work out for her and she drops the album
 

My show was canceled because of Hurricane Sandy and was never rescheduled :( 

 

The next time she was in Philly was Jingle Ball around "Body On Me" I Think and it was no way I was going to that ****.

 

I did go to her VEVO Lift showcase in NYC the summer of 2012 before 'ORA'. I'm in the "Roc The Life" and "How We Do" videos on her Vevo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites