• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• QueenofCopyPaste

• UNNAMI

• FanOfPop

So I think it's safe to say that the only female who will top Joanne's debut will be Ms. Taylor Swift so bring it :1stplace:

And the next to cross 200k will either be Taylor, JT, or possibly Miley 

These numbers are lower than HDD's, right? 

Anyways, yeah the numbers aren't all that, esp. considering the tour bundle, but good for her, I guess.

5 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

Does this affect all soundtracks? Cause A Star Is Born deserves to go #1. 

Well it does say "most" and not "all". I think Soundtracks would be an exception, if the songs are created for that Soundtrack. 

So glad for Katy, she deserves it. :clap3:

Queen SZA. :clap3: 

Kendrick. :clap3: 

Amazing numbers for SZA :clap3:

10 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

So I think it's safe to say that the only female who will top Joanne's debut will be Ms. Taylor Swift so bring it :1stplace:

And the next to cross 200k will either be Taylor, JT, or possibly Miley 

i can't see miley doing it

"Now, most various artists compilation albums will only be able to chart on the Billboard 200 and other consumption-ranked album charts based on traditional album sales. Track equivalent album (TEA) units and/or streaming equivalent album (SEA) units will no longer contribute to a various artists’ album ranking and unit count. In the latest tracking week, neither Epic AF or Summer Latin Hits 2017 sold enough in traditional album sales to rank on the Billboard 200."

FINALLY!!!!!!

We did it kids :clap3: 

1 minute ago, fridayteenage said:

i can't see miley doing it

Me neither anymore but she seems to be going all out promo wise so idk maybe she'll do a tour deal :gaycat1:

Thats some bad numbers for Katy, the SEA & TEA are abysmal and the sales will suffer a HUGE drop next week 

#1 Teenage Dream

#1 Prism

#1 Witness

#9 One Of The Boys

54 minutes ago, Temporal said:

All the Kats screaming "#1 album!!!!1!1!" when they LASHED ARTPOP to death. Funny seeing the shoe on the other foot!

OT: Congrats to her :clap3: 

Imagine using a 4 year old feud to still fuel your life

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

People demanded a refund on their tour package causing negative sales? :)

Even if they ALL return their copies, it'll still be -100% only, it can never exceed more than that.

aren't these numbers even lower than what HDD predicted? :rip:

they're not that good tbh but congrats :clap3: 

180k is fine. i was expecting barely over 100k with the tour bundles

5 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I don't think parent album has anything to do with it.  A song by an artist that doesn't have an album yet, or the song isn't on the current album, it won't count for the various album.

om not sure what I think of it.  I see both sides.  

What is strange is that billboard did this now. It's not like various albums were dominating the charts.  In fact they are still rather rare in the top 10.  It is unlike a billboard to be proactive, they are normally very slow in change and reactive to bad situations before they change.

Well yeah. Despacito has just no real relation to the 2017 Latin Hits album. That's all I was saying. 

I don't know when or if Luis Fonsi will release an album. Also not relevant at all in this discussion imo. 

2 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

But it kinda is.  You can have a various album that consists a number of hits, but adds a new song by a superstar as a selling/stresming point. A song not on any other albums, intended to promote the various artist album only,  yet it won't count.

Well it's obviously not working if that's what's intended. People just stream and buy Despacito and don't care at all about the album

Yes Katy :clap3:

I loved that 'Summer Latin Hits' and 'Epic AF compilation' fall off the chart with the new rule. :party:

Katy :clap3:

1 minute ago, Anticipating said:

When will we get 2nd week predictions?

Tuesday I think