Which house inspired song GAGGED you more on first listen? BREAK MY SOUL vs yes, and?

Kayseri Mantisi

which one GAGGED you more and gave you more MEGA bop vibes on first listen?  

144 members have voted

1. 1. which one GAGGED you more and gave you more MEGA bop vibes on first listen?

BMS was a cultural reset like that was the sound i had been wanting Bey to do :jonny3:

break my soul for sure 

Break My Soul is the better song, but yes, and? is also stunning!

The organic hit BMS. 

Neither

i loved the opening of yes, and? but the song overall is so flat to me. i like how BMS takes its time to build with bey's vocals and those dramatic chords somewhere at the middle-end part. plus big freedia breathes so much life into the song

didn't gag at either, bms is better but that's not saying much

This comparison is offensive to the Beyoncé. BMS is full of life while the other is bad all around 

Break My Soul tbh because I didn't get it at the first listen. Yes And is more of refined for radio, so it's more of like a "oh, cute" kind of reaction to it

I looove the chorus on yes, and? 

That said - Break My Soul is a beast. My favorite Bey anthem! I'm kind of shook at the replies, if my memory serves me correctly BMS was panned on here. 

Neither were good on first listen.

2 hours ago, Illuminati said:

On first listen? Neither :thing: I remember BMS being underwhelming, then it grew a bit

This but similarly their namesake lyrics do seem to stick in my head even though the songs as a whole are underwhelming

BMS by FAR.

I disliked both at first listen :rip:

I still need to listen to YA more but Break My Soul hits harder for me, for now. Both letdowns but YA is just plain ‘there’ and could have used some more ad libs or soaring backing vocals. It sounded too

monotonous.

BMS is good, YA is flavorless sadly just like all of her music

Edited by Dark Miracles

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.