Demi co-writes song for singer Maeta

BlazingLovatic

I'm assuming this was an outtake from Dancing With The Devil based on the writing team involved?

It is not lost on me that Maeta is signed to Roc Nation and Demi Lovato was once managed by the label. Either this was shopped around and coincidentally found a home at the same label, or Roc Nation got first dibs and scooped it up for their next available female act.

Edited by trainsskyscrapers

Will be tuning in.

wait Maeta's debut is coming? ohh perched... and expect her to sweep some grammys cause she's under the same management as Alicia Keys and H.E.R. 

Based on the writing credits this girl spent a lot of time finding scrapped demos from bigger artists :skull:

42 minutes ago, GustavoBardusco said:

Based on the writing credits this girl spent a lot of time finding scrapped demos from bigger artists :skull:

I saw her live about a year ago (opening for Jazmine Sullivan) so I know the talent is there, but sometimes you truly have to "fake it to make it".

Some good production value (and industry co-signs through permission to use existing demos) can really put someone on a different trajectory. Felt the same way about Cardi's debut (lots of demo hooks collecting dust that she put rap verses around), and look how that turned out.

Edited by trainsskyscrapers
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

I saw her live about a year ago (opening for Jazmine Sullivan) so I know the talent is there, but sometimes you truly have to "fake it to make it".

Some good production value (and industry co-signs through permission to use existing demos) can really put someone on a different trajectory. Felt the same way about Cardi's debut (lots of demo hooks collecting dust that she put rap verses around), and look how that turned out.

100%

On 5/28/2023 at 11:03 AM, GustavoBardusco said:

Let her be. This girl is it. And she will definitely be doing the songs justice. I saw her a few months back and her voice is like butter 

On 5/28/2023 at 11:45 AM, trainsskyscrapers said:

I can't wait. Been a fan for a minute. She also has a Christmas EP and a join project with Kaytranada coming out soon then her official debut album next year. She's putting in work

• 2 weeks later...

The song is good but I need a solo version. Too much Ty Dolla for my taste. She sounds fantastic. 

Now I want to hear Demi's version of there is any. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.