• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• omrimayo

• Steve Johnson

• Taylor fanboy

• Starchild

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

So now all we are are pawns for white people? **** off with the fake moral outrage.

ice spice is a person with her own damn feelings that you know nothing about, she chose to be on the song, she chose to be friends with Taylor since they met at the VMAs, and she chose to like the 1975 (for some reason) so no she isn't just some token being used as a cover 

These people don't give a s*** about us, never have and never will, and they're going to keep using us as tools in the stan wars. F*** them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

The fact that I randomly posted months ago that Ice Spice would make a lot of sense as a feature and now it’s actually happening:rip: Does Taylor read ATRL?

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

So now all we are are pawns for white people? **** off with the fake moral outrage.

ice spice is a person with her own damn feelings that you know nothing about, she chose to be on the song, she chose to be friends with Taylor since they met at the VMAs, and she chose to like the 1975 (for some reason) so no she isn't just some token being used as a cover 

Lol at them being “friends”

Taylor is using Ice Spice just like she used Serayah as the black “friend” in her squad for brownie points when Empire was huge, Kendrick for the Bad Blood remix and Todrick to pander to the gays. 

Of course Ice Spice isn’t going to turn down a collab with a huge artist like Taylor, it’s still not a good look after what her boyfriend, who she continues to date and

therefore condones his behaviour, said about her.

• Thumbs Down 9

Ice is about to snatch ANOTHER smash while ATRL and Twitter losers cry about it when SHE herself agreed to jump on the remix (that has been rumored since April)

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

Edited by State of Grace.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Lol at them being “friends”

Taylor is using Ice Spice just like she used Serayah as the black “friend” in her squad for brownie points when Empire was huge, Kendrick for the Bad Blood remix and Todrick to pander to the gays. 

Of course Ice Spice isn’t going to turn down a collab with a huge artist like Taylor, it’s still not a good look after what her boyfriend, who she continues to date and

therefore condones his behaviour, said about her.

Stop infantilizing these people for things they are getting PAID for, find another hobby loser.

I love how social media is trying to make Taylor Swift look like the bad guy...over words said by a man we don't even know if she's dating

getting real tired of this fake feminism 

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator
49 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Be serious.

And his apology contained the words, “I kind of feel bad.” 

The clip is here if you want to listen to it.  It's dumb, it's problematic, but it's not the alt-right stance that people are making it out to be. The hosts were making stupid jokes since one of them didn't know who she was ("Ice Spice, do you know who that is?" "Yeah, she's one of the Spice Girls", "Yeah she's an Inuit Spice Girl", clearly not actually aimed at Ice Spice, they go on to get back on topic and tell him "She's a very attractive girl who had a song that blew up"etc), and Matty was laughing along. It's dumb, problematic, and it isn't funny, but people are taking things wildly out of context and acting like he is a white supremacist.

https://twitter.com/MediumSizeMeech/status/1661425770068049939

I've followed The 1975 for years, and Matty can be a tryhard edgelord who says/engages in stupid humor to try and be funny.  The band even had a bit in their most recent tour about it.  That aside, he's made it extremely clear where he stands on social issues in countless other interviews, songs, quotes, etc.  

All of that aside....this is about Taylor, not her rebound.  She and Ice Spice started chatting months ago, she's a fan.  Ice Spice is a woman with her own autonomy, her own feelings, and she obviously wanted to do this too.  

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

Just now, Lille said:

Stop infantilizing these people for things they are getting PAID for, find another hobby loser.

Because Taylor paying minorities to help uplift and make her privileged white self look good makes it so much better :skull: 

Swifties are a trip 

• Thumbs Down 9

7 minutes ago, MissedTheTrain said:

The clip is here if you want to listen to it.  It's dumb, it's problematic, but it's not the alt-right stance that people are making it out to be. The hosts were making stupid jokes since one of them didn't know who she was ("Ice Spice, do you know who that is?" "Yeah, she's one of the Spice Girls", "Yeah she's an Inuit Spice Girl", clearly not actually aimed at Ice Spice, they go on to get back on topic and tell him "She's a very attractive girl who had a song that blew up"etc), and Matty was laughing along. It's dumb, problematic, and it isn't funny, but people are taking things wildly out of context and acting like he is a white supremacist.

https://twitter.com/MediumSizeMeech/status/1661425770068049939

I've followed The 1975 for years, and Matty can be a tryhard edgelord who says/engages in stupid humor to try and be funny.  The band even had a bit in their most recent tour about it.  That aside, he's made it extremely clear where he stands on social issues in countless other interviews, songs, quotes, etc.  

All of that aside....this is about Taylor, not her rebound.  She and Ice Spice started chatting months ago, she's a fan.  Ice Spice is a woman with her own autonomy, her own feelings, and she obviously wanted to do this too.  

You said he said nothing about her and yet he and the podcaster were overtly racist. Make it make sense.

I’m not relating this to Taylor at all, but to say he didn’t speak about Ice Spice and was just “edgelord” is stan delusion at its worst.

• Thumbs Down 5

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

You said he said nothing about her and yet he and the podcaster were overtly racist. Make it make sense.

I’m not relating this to Taylor at all, but to say he didn’t speak about Ice Spice and was just “edgelord” is stan delusion at its worst.

Matty: ice spice… do you know who that is?

Host: no, is that *racist straight man jokes based on her name*

Matty: haha yeah that’s exactly who she is… no, ice spice is a beautiful woman whom I slid into the DMs of

Yeah he said many things about her, being racist against her wasn't one of them. 

Can you just tell which one of his words were racist against Ice Spice? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Matty: ice spice… do you know who that is?

Host: no, is that *racist straight man jokes based on her name*

Matty: haha yeah that’s exactly who she is… no, ice spice is a beautiful woman whom I slid into the DMs of

Yeah he said many things about her, being racist against her wasn't one of them. 

Can you just tell which one of his words were racist against Ice Spice? 

It's...literally in the audio. 

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

he wants you to spell it out for him

Ffj5_g3XoAA_EvQ.thumb.gif.af7e5872d0bc8f

1 minute ago, Click Clack said:

:deadbanana:

8 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Which is by the... podcaster. 

No one is saying that audio is not racist but is it really that hard to tell which one of his conversations against Ice Spice was racist if they exist...

Edited by Artistofthedecade
  • Thumbs Down 2

4 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Which is by the... podcaster. 

No one is saying that audio is not racist but is it really that hard to tell which one of his conversations against Ice Spice was racist if they exist...

You can clearly hear the comments from both parties. I can't believe I even have to explain this to you.

• Thumbs Down 2

3 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

It would be more appropriate of you to spell it out so we can learn a few things about moral highgrounds when it comes to artists we stan and their problematic partners. 

I am sure you have experienced more than enough to know how to deal with them. 

gsnnrAp.thumb.gif.6e4a9643483590f9250c0ce1420eb63e.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Wbk Taylor is as crooked as her ex. 

Taylor is a smart businesswoman. She knows how to finesse + turn a negative into a positive lol. Shes playing chess while Ice genuinely wants to come up. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, Artistofthedecade said:

It would be more appropriate of you to spell it out so we can learn a few things about moral highgrounds when it comes to artists we stan and their problematic partners. 

you really got me

not sure i’ll ever recover 

14 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

8 minutes ago, Click Clack said:

:deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

y’all be careful out here they reporting

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

:deadbanana2:

Why are people acting like she held Ice Spice at gunpoint to record this. We dont know what goes on behind the scenes 

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

You can clearly hear the comments from both parties. I can't believe I even have to explain this to you.

I can't believe that i have to explain this to you either but... 

If X claims that audio includes 5 sentences and Y claims that audio includes 4 sentences, X tells the 5th sentence in the audio to show it exists because... Y can't prove something that doesn't exist to them. 

Once again, i am asking you which comment of Matty was racist against Ice Spice because to me, it doesn’t exist and i can't see it so you can basically tell his words to me.

Like... Podcaster is racist because he calls Ice Spice Chubby Chinese Lady. 

Matty is racist against Ice Spice because.. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.