Is Beyonce a 'singles artist' now?

momal

Is Beyonce a 'singles artist' now?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Singles artist?

• Yes, her 'quick lil hits' comment didn't age well
    • No, she still makes great bodies of work that sell well

spacer.png

Her album was released like eight months ago and only one album track managed to get over 100 million streams. Its success is massively fueled by singles like Break My Sould and Cuff It. In the past, her fans would shade girls like Rihanna and Katy Perry because their albums success were mostly singles driven (even though their album sales were solid, certainly not on Adele or Taylor level). Her pure sales are not that big either this time, she bombed everywhere sans the US where album did like 400k pure. Break My Soul only spent 18 weeks on BBHot100 despite The Hive bragging about 'a solo #1 20 years into her career'. Did the karma come back to bite her with 'quick lil hits' comment?

spacer.png

I think she is smashing in Tidal. 

OT: Maybe yes, her album is not realling selling big numbers. 

Those seem like healthy album track streams to me, especially considering the biggest song on the album has only 400M streams

Bombed every 

3 minutes ago, momal said:

spacer.png

Her album was released like eight months ago and only one album track managed to get over 100 million streams. Its success is massively fueled by singles like Break My Sould and Cuff It. In the past, her fans would shade girls like Rihanna and Katy Perry because their albums success were mostly singles driven (even though their album sales were solid, certainly not on Adele or Taylor level). Her pure sales are not that big either this time, she bombed everywhere sans the US where album did like 400k pure. Break My Soul only spent 18 weeks on BBHot100 despite The Hive bragging about 'a solo #1 20 years into her career'. Did the karma come back to bite her with 'quick lil hits' comment?

spacer.png

"Bombed everywhere sans US"

"It also reached number one in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden, and the United Kingdom."

:celestial5:

What a stupid thread.

Her comment was not referring to artists not being able to sell albums and just singles, but to the fact that they do not put in the effort to make great, compelling bodies of work as a whole and only focus on a few songs destined for radio.

Renaissance is a prime example of that. She focused on making a cohesive record that works so well as a whole, as seen by its critical and industry acclaim. The fact that she managed to score a couple hits from it on top of that is just the cherry on top.

And the album is doing just fine commercially, especially considering she's been MIA for the entirety of the era.

Most album tracks being +50m is very solid. 

Singles artist have a 1billion streamed single and album tracks sitting below 30m.

Lizzo/Sam are singles artists 

Streaming has definitely shifted the balance somewhat and her singles are serving more longevity than her albums sales, not sure whether that's due to poor supply of physicals/vinyl though 

Edited by Otter

5 minutes ago, AxelFox said:

What a stupid thread.

Her comment was not referring to artists not being able to sell albums and just singles, but to the fact that they do not put in the effort to make great, compelling bodies of work as a whole and only focus on a few songs destined for radio.

Renaissance is a prime example of that. She focused on making a cohesive record that works so well as a whole, as seen by its critical and industry acclaim. The fact that she managed to score a couple hits from it on top of that is just the cherry on top.

And the album is doing just fine commercially, especially considering she's been MIA for the entirety of the era.

And this, which is exactly why her last 3 LPs have been amongst the highest ratest of the century 

• ATRL Moderator

No, come up with a better troll next time.