Ellie Goulding - "By the End of the Night"

RideOrDie

57 minutes ago, lola4789 said:

She performed it at James Corden’s show

its sounds immaculate. the verses are stellar, the chorus is stellar, the production is stellar. i just know this song will be an underrated fan fave

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• Cqmerqn

• lola4789

• ughgabriel

On 3/9/2023 at 11:20 AM, lola4789 said:

It’s okay bop!!

Not an okay bop!!! :omg:

yeah what are these vocals :deadbanana4: horrendous

On 3/9/2023 at 3:33 PM, Johnny Jacobs said:

She needs to scrap the album and record a new halcyon/delirium 

Yeah scrap all these bops and release dated af edm music because user Johnny Jacobs says so  

Why do people keep mentioning her live vocals recently? Have you never heard Ellie sing live before? She sounds the same as ever. Go listen to her On My Mind television performances and maybe you’d realise her performances this era of songs like Like A Saviour are actually a big improvement

Another mid song. Lemme go cancel my vinyl.

I’m really disappointed with this era. The songs are so souless. Say what you want about Brightest Blue, but at least it had some sort of identity. I miss the times when Ellie made music that stood out. Halcyon was phenomenal whereas this stuff, well anyone could release it!  

39 minutes ago, popstickle said:

I’m really disappointed with this era. The songs are so souless. Say what you want about Brightest Blue, but at least it had some sort of identity. I miss the times when Ellie made music that stood out. Halcyon was phenomenal whereas this stuff, well anyone could release it!  

Spill, from what we’ve seen so far the songs are decent but nothing that screams *Ellie*. The more she shows of the album the more it begins to feel like it isn’t even worth the 3 delays lol..

28 minutes ago, CrystalClown96 said:

Spill, from what we’ve seen so far the songs are decent but nothing that screams *Ellie*. The more she shows of the album the more it begins to feel like it isn’t even worth the 3 delays lol..

Exactly! It also annoys me to no end that she keeps switching her opinion on “pop” music (Ellie has always been pop but Halcyon and Brightest Blue were more alt pop imo).

When she released Delirium, she sold it as her version of commercial pop and her dipping her toe in that side of music, then she released Brightest Blue and said Delirium wasn’t authentically her and that she didn’t get any gratification from it. Fast forward to Higher than Heaven and she’s back to saying she’s a pop girl at heart and always loved pop and this is the album she wanted to release. It’s hard to believe her when she switches her opinion on what is and isn’t authentically her every album cycle. It smacks of the label forcing her to do whatever they think will sell.

^^^ that's all very valid

I'm just taking this album as a 'great nostalgic-pop' album, not a great 'Ellie Goulding' album. And that's enough for me personally; ik she'll return to something deeper and more unique at some point. 

Her vocals really are terrible tbh, like for a great and unique studio vocalist, the live ones have (often) always been ... a wreck lmao

I get a lot of the very valid and much warranted but this is also Ellie Goulding we’re discussing. The same person 95% of Tik Tok is just finding out what she looks like :rip:

The chorus in that live clip sounds like the Burn glitching performance, and the backing track is carrying the majority of the song

Don’t worry gays and gals. The Divorce album is coming. 

12 minutes ago, Edibles. said:

I get a lot of the very valid and much warranted but this is also Ellie Goulding we’re discussing. The same person 95% of Tik Tok is just finding out what she looks like :rip:

The chorus in that live clip sounds like the Burn glitching performance, and the backing track is carrying the majority of the song

That's because her careers success was based off 10000% on her music and not her looks. It's unfortunate but it's the truth.

Everyone keeps bullying about her long face & now her filler lips etc. And it's just so sad to see.

Ellie is such a harmless & kind sweetheart I really don't see why people like actually HATE her. Like have you seen the comments on dailymail? They usually trash talk every celeb but they seem to be particularly vicious to Ellie just because she isn't as conventionally attractive as other celebs.

Even if she didn't get fillers or plastic surgery, they'll still say that she has a horse face, or can't pull off any sex appeal (gross). But anyways that's the reality for celebs who don't make their career of their looks.

Edited by Delirious

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

That's because her careers success was based off 10000% on her music and not her looks. It's unfortunate but it's the truth.

Everyone keeps bullying about her long face & now her filler lips etc. And it's just so sad to see.

Ellie is such a harmless & kind sweetheart I really don't see why people like actually HATE her. Like have you seen the comments on dailymail? They usually trash talk every celeb but they seem to be particularly vicious to Ellie just because she isn't as conventionally attractive as other celebs.

The comments on Daily Mail have always been vile but this isn’t an Ellie issue, the issue is that you (and others) only find it “worse” when it’s about someone you like and therefore a difference of opinion, the comments section on that site should of been closed years ago.

Anyhow can’t wait for this album to be out so we can look forward to the next one. A break-up record has always been her forte.  

Ellie's beautiful. Case closed. 

Also, why are people talking about her next 'breakup/divorce album' :weeps:

22 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

The comments on Daily Mail have always been vile but this isn’t an Ellie issue, the issue is that you (and others) only find it “worse” when it’s about someone you like and therefore a difference of opinion, the comments section on that site should of been closed years ago.

Anyhow can’t wait for this album to be out so we can look forward to the next one. A break-up record has always been her forte.  

Not true. The comments are much much worse for Ellie. I read many comments from DM article for many celebs.

They're esp ruthless to Ellie. They literally said she was 'ugly' & a 'handsome woman' 2 times in the 2 newest dailymail articles.

They also say things like 'that reminds me I forgot to feed the horses today' and they said many times that she looked like a trans person. You don't see comments as ruthless as these anywhere.

Also on the 2nd most recent article, a comment was so out of line that it got removed by the dailymail mods. Someone also wrote that someone should kill them as Ellie got invited to the Oscars...like?

5 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Yes Ellie is absolutely stunning! :clap3:

Not y’all complaining again about wanting another Halcyon. It’s been 10 years, get over it

Anyways - back to the music.

Imo the song sounds absolutely spectacular but I already said that.

Ofc you're allowed an opinion but, I feel like sometimes we need to stop searching & focusing on the 'original Ellie' and just enjoy the music as it is because I think it's affecting the way you enjoy the music.

Sure, maybe you just don't like the new songs and that's ok, but imo many people including myself can agree on the fact that all the singles so far have been pop perfection BOPS! This era also has the 2nd highest scores ever for her career on music rating sites like rateyourmusic, albumoftheyear etc.

Also I'm sure there's more deeper cuts on the album that you guys will like.

Her vocals in that performance :rip: gonna assume it was just anxiety.

The song sounds fun though

When does this come out? 

Y’all are gonna switch like sissies once the album is finally out

Theres only two duds 

5 hours ago, Delirious said:

Not true. The comments are much much worse for Ellie. I read many comments from DM article for many celebs.

They're esp ruthless to Ellie. They literally said she was 'ugly' & a 'handsome woman' 2 times in the 2 newest dailymail articles.

They also say things like 'that reminds me I forgot to feed the horses today' and they said many times that she looked like a trans person. You don't see comments as ruthless as these anywhere.

Also on the 2nd most recent article, a comment was so out of line that it got removed by the dailymail mods. Someone also wrote that someone should kill them as Ellie got invited to the Oscars...like?

Honestly the amount of Billie piper and paloma Faith articles on *that* site that draw horse comparisons is insane. There was a time when Lana got some stick there last year. As a fan it was hurtful, but it made me aware of the situation as a whole. This is not an Ellie problem just because it saddens you more - take a look at all the other articles and you’ll find equally disturbing posts if you take the subject out of the equation and imagine those things are being said to or about you or someone you like. 

5 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

She was caught out on an exclusive dating app a few months ago and brushed it off with “on there to make professional connections” when asked - they’ve since completely unfollowed each other and her husband used to be very active with her stan accounts. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.