Give Renaissance a rating out of 5 stars

Aristide

Give Renaissance a rating out of 5 stars  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Renaissance out of 5 stars?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

I would give it 3 stars. So all of Beyonce's 2000s albums are stronger than this album as well as ST and Lemonade.

Edited by Aristide

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bacardo Royale

• Oktober Knight

• Virgos Groove

• dejmieeen

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing vocals/production, covers a diverse array of genres with consistently high energy, so much to listen to, her best album

I’d give it a solid A-

I am not sure how that translates to a star system?  I feel like 4.5 is appropriate.

Solid 4. If it weren't for that horrid opening song and 2 snoozers towards the end, it would be a 5.

4/5 or 4.5/5 maybe? It’s not my favorite album of 2022 but it’s in my top 5, and it’s undeniably a good album imo. I may not think it’s the best album of all time like some people but it’s very much worthy of acclaim and recognition. 

I gave it 2 out of 5. First of all - It’s not a dance album. There’s a lack of catchy melodies, a lack of good vibe, all those songs, except maybe four, sounds almost the same. Also It’s overproduced, noisy. She should go with „Break My Soul” type of sound, and stop playing queen of music. Also - why did she think people want to listen to her political agitations on „DANCE” album? People want to have fun, not hear about America’s problem. 

2/5.

i’m sorry but all of bey’s music since lemonade has been so poorly produced and literally sounds like it was made on garage band in an amateur’s bedroom solely using pre existing stems. 

37 minutes ago, dejmieeen said:

I gave it 2 out of 5. First of all - It’s not a dance album. There’s a lack of catchy melodies, a lack of good vibe, all those songs, except maybe four, sounds almost the same. Also It’s overproduced, noisy. She should go with „Break My Soul” type of sound, and stop playing queen of music. Also - why did she think people want to listen to her political agitations on „DANCE” album? People want to have fun, not hear about America’s problem. 

did u even listen to the song

4-4.5/5. Some absolute HIGHLIGHTS 10/10 songs(Summer Renaissance, Virgos Groove, Cuff it, Thique, America Has a Problem) some good songs (Move, Break My Soul, Heated, Church Girl, Pure Honey) meh songs (Energy, Alien Superstar, Plastic off the sofa) and some bad songs (All Up in Your Mind, Cozy and I’m that girl). 

I initially thought it was a 4.5 but had to admit after a few more plays it was a 5, my favorite Bey album, and my favorite album of 2022.

Renaissance (5) > Lemonade (4.5) > Beyonce (4.5) > 4 (4) > B'Day (3.5) > Dangerously in Love (2.5) > I Am... Sasha Fierce (2)

4.7/5 which I'll round up to 5

-0.3 for the lack of visuals and incompetent singles roll-out

Edited by aesthetic bih

13 minutes ago, awong918 said:

-0.5 for Break My Ears

Slay My Soul is amazing. I don't get the hate for it, my poor underrated baby :heart:

1 hour ago, Oktober Knight said:

Solid 4. If it weren't for that horrid opening song a 2 snoozers towards the end, it would be a 5.

It’s definitely a 4. Cohesive body of work, good production, good vocals. Nothing wildly left field. 

1 hour ago, dejmieeen said:

:ahh:

the way its clear u havent listened to the album

I don't recall we have Bey's disco ranking but here's mine:

01. Lemonade

02. Self-titled

03. 4

04. Renaissance

05. B'day

06. IASF

07. Dangerously in Love

It's a solid 5

She fill all the checklist

Vocal showcase, good melody, wise use of sample, sophisticated production, perfect balance of Dance-Pop & R&B, embracing the black culture and mixing it to another level, album cohesiveness + the fascinating transition

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.