how is Harry House queer baiting but not Renaiisance?

Pristine

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

It's been talked about frequently on this forum. From her including a drag queen in "Bills, Bills, Bills", to her black gay dancers in "Freakum Dress", or performing "Single Ladies" live with two male dancers or gay couples in "All Night". She has featured queer performers in her art for her entire career. Just because you can't be bothered to listen or do a tiny bit of research doesn't mean people are making it up.

I asked for actual proof that you just gave sis

I am not gonna spend my whole day searching google, I asked her fans

thanks for replying

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Jon Snow

• ScorpiosGroove

• chosensparkles

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

It's been talked about frequently on this forum. From her including a drag queen in "Bills, Bills, Bills", to her black gay dancers in "Freakum Dress", or performing "Single Ladies" live with two male dancers or gay couples in "All Night". She has featured queer performers in her art for her entire career. Just because you can't be bothered to listen or do a tiny bit of research doesn't mean people are making it up.

Oh my god, I forgot about Bills, Bills, Bilss. That was in 1999. Before most of their faves step foot in music industry, or were even born 

The closest Beyoncé has been to queerbaiting was with Lady Gaga in Telephone music video. and as a queer person, I don’t find that offensive. I love both women. I find Harry’s behavior offensive 

Edited by Jon Snow

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Oh my god, I forgot about Bills, Bills, Bilss. That was in 1999. Before most of their faves step foot in music industry, or were even born 

The closest Beyoncé has been to queerbaiting was with Lady Gaga in Telephone music video. and as a queer person, I don’t find that offensive. I love both women. I find Harry’s behavior offensive 

was it that much of a queerbaiting tho?

Harry's behavior (especially if he turns out to be 100% straight) is indeed offensive, and he's getting away with it bc his minions act like he's a sad poor boy who gets attacked for breathing

13 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

I asked for actual proof that you just gave sis

I am not gonna spend my whole day searching google, I asked her fans

thanks for replying

I was in a meeting... but yes, Bills is the often cited example. 

Just now, chosensparkles said:

was it that much of a queerbaiting tho?

Harry's behavior (especially if he turns out to be 100% straight) is indeed offensive, and he's getting away with it bc his minions act like he's a sad poor boy who gets attacked for breathing

I’m sorry for not being clear. I think that Beyoncé was closest to queerbaiting in Telephone, when she acted as a partner to Lady Gaga. I’d never think Gaga could do queerbaiting. She might have a preference for men, but she’s queer. Beyoncé is a straight woman who played a parter to another woman, which I do not consider queerbaiting, nor offensive. I just say that that’s when she was closest to it, only so I could acknowledge that other times she payed homage to queer community, she never used them as a tool. They always felt naturally present and not forced 

Harry’s support might be genuine. However, everything he says or does feels wrong. I liked him before Harry’s House and the movies. Now I don’t know what to feel about him. And I’m not mad at him for getting AOTY. That would be stupid of me. I don’t think he deserved it either. But it’s not his fault 

harry is queerbaiting and bey is a fake ally. both are using it for commercial success but bey isn’t faking her sexuality. so maybe it is the lesser evil in this instance. 

2 minutes ago, Pop said:

It’s funny. beyoncé has never did things for the community before

Aside from publicly supporting us and including us in her art, for her entire career.

2 hours ago, Pristine said:

now tell me this sis.

ATRL say Harry queerbiating by releasing generic AIW that appeal to soccer moms but somehow Renaissance is not queer pandering when lbr no one but g@ys and they hags really use it :foxaylove3: not to mention the R lyrics which make its a gay album lbr 

Hmm never thought of it but you make a good point.

They are both pathetic. Harry being a straight guy pretending to be into men cause he knows a good chunk of his fanbase fetishizes it and then Beyonce acting like she csres for gay rights while performing for billionaires in Dubai.

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I’m sorry for not being clear. I think that Beyoncé was closest to queerbaiting in Telephone, when she acted as a partner to Lady Gaga. I’d never think Gaga could do queerbaiting. She might have a preference for men, but she’s queer. Beyoncé is a straight woman who played a parter to another woman, which I do not consider queerbaiting, nor offensive. I just say that that’s when she was closest to it, only so I could acknowledge that other times she payed homage to queer community, she never used them as a tool. They always felt naturally present and not forced 

Harry’s support might be genuine. However, everything he says or does feels wrong. I liked him before Harry’s House and the movies. Now I don’t know what to feel about him. And I’m not mad at him for getting AOTY. That would be stupid of me. I don’t think he deserved it either. But it’s not his fault 

Yeah I don’t see Beyonce in telephone being queerbaiting either. She is not baiting at all at least imo

And yeah people harassing him for winning is not ok. Imagine in 2010 if Beyonce had won for I Am Sasha Fierce and people would ask her “don’t you think Fearless was more deserving?” It wouldn’t be fair. Leave him alone on that matter, it was out of his control

Just now, Bencharmer said:

Mathew literally sued The Sun for this, as they stitched two interviews together. She didn't say this. Which has been stated multiple times on this forum, so I'm not sure why people are still pretending otherwise.

So many of you don’t understand what the word queerbaiting means it’s honestly concerning… comprehension is seriously at an all time low among the human race 

5 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

Beyonce acting like she csres for gay rights while performing for billionaires in Dubai.

Relatable content for the vast majority of ATRL's faves.

I don’t get the point to coming for Beyoncé since she dedicated her album to her uncle and worked with several queer artists and paid homage to them while never saying she’s queer.

On the other hand I don’t get the Harry accusations tbh since he never said he’s queer, he never talked about it and the only thing he does is wearing ugly clothes that are “supposed” to be for females (?) like stop, he’s just using the clothings he likes paying homage to Bowie and George Michael (both one of his inspirations) and call it a day. Like if you wanna come for him you have to come for his fans since they were the ones that were loud about challenging the gender norms and social constructions with his clothes but Harry never said a thing.

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Beyoncè started her career in 2003, how this can be remotely true when Madonna, Kylie, George Michael, Elton John already exists :rofl:

These ppl are white.

Beyonce is black.

I don’t really think either is queerbaiting.

Sometimes I think ATRL gets stuck on some talking points because people are bored or just have animus for that artist.  

33 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

The Sun? 

Lmao. Haters are just.... not smart

3 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

I don’t get the point to coming for Beyoncé since she dedicated her album to her uncle and worked with several queer artists and paid homage to them while never saying she’s queer.

On the other hand I don’t get the Harry accusations tbh since he never said he’s queer, he never talked about it and the only thing he does is wearing ugly clothes that are “supposed” to be for females (?) like stop, he’s just using the clothings he likes paying homage to Bowie and George Michael (both one of his inspirations) and call it a day. Like if you wanna come for him you have to come for his fans since they were the ones that were loud about challenging the gender norms and social constructions with his clothes but Harry never said a thing.

Harry is wearing rainbow flags almost all the time, and he does things that would send a message that he's queer. He doesn't seem to be. I wouldn't argue that those things he does are wrong. They just feel weird. However, he says in interviews that he knows what gay sex feels like, which he doesn't seem to know. He sends wrong messages about queer people. He might be helping society to accept men wearing feminine clothes, but he's straight and people do not come for him. He's seen as good even when he wears something feminine. When Sam Smith does that, everyone hates him. I don't know if he uses queer people for popularity, tho. His support might be genuine 

Yall throw around the word queerbait for anything that it'd lost meaning 

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Harry is wearing rainbow flags almost all the time, and he does things that would send a message that he's queer. He doesn't seem to be. I wouldn't argue that those things he does are wrong. They just feel weird. However, he says in interviews that he knows what gay sex feels like, which he doesn't seem to know. He sends wrong messages about queer people. He might be helping society to accept men wearing feminine clothes, but he's straight and people do not come for him. He's seen as good even when he wears something feminine. When Sam Smith does that, everyone hates him. I don't know if he uses queer people for popularity, tho. His support might be genuine 

Well the rainbow flag must mean he supports the LGBTQ+ community, isn’t he? There are a lot of artists that have worn/used a rainbow flag more than once to support the community and they are heterosexual and cis af and their music isn’t even pander to people of the community to start with, also he seems like a very awkward person in interviews so I can tell what he says it’s not necessarily what he means.

Sam is criticized for the homophobic people (he used to have a huge older and conservative audience for his ballads) and fat phobics that can’t stand people that aren’t skinny or fit feeling themselves which is why Sam feels more hated and questioned because Harry’s public has always been open mind teenagers since his 1D days and people that get on board with his solo career are people that don’t mind him using “feminine” clothes because on the other hand they wouldn’t even support him to start with. 

Because beyonces paying homage. 

they both are

but since beyoncé is black people think it is appropriate