how is Harry House queer baiting but not Renaiisance?

Pristine

Because black culture? Some of you are totally exposing yourselves so shamelessly as ignorant losers :deadbanana4:

Edited by Héloïse

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Jon Snow

• ScorpiosGroove

• chosensparkles

Top Posters In This Topic

Her uncle who raised her and her sister was gay; he was their nanny and best friend. Her husband’s mother is literally a lesbian. She may love money but I’m sure her intention is genuine :giraffe: She loves the gays and only a hateful gay would make a thread like this!

Edited by Kh-Loud

When did Beyoncé ever call herself queer this era, or imply that she was? She merely paid homage to the queer community with this album. The only "queerbaiting" thing she's done that I can think of is the "Yoncé" music video. Renaissance is not.

ATRL's fave Britney and Madonna kiss was actual queerbaiting, along with the entire "Me Against the Music" video.

yeah was thinking the same yesterday. Why does the lgbt community prefer representation from beyonce rather than an lgbt artist

19 minutes ago, Sir Galahad said:

Her solo career started in 2003. Her career started with Destiny's Child. She still had queer representation at that time.

And? Homosexuality was still far from being socially acceptable to the same degree. There's an argument for some of those people being pioneers, but it isn't what's bring argued in this thread.

If you're going to try and come for someone, try and think about the words you use a little better.

Beyoncè in the conversation of being a piooner for the representation of queer people is the most ridicolous thing i ever read. People saying everything about her is just revisionist propaganda could be right if someone even thinks to make this a point of discussion :rip:

Beyoncè's brand was build to be appealing to straight women, nothing queer about it... the fact some lgbtq people find appealing  every strong personality in entertainment doesn't make her art remotely queer, at least in the first phase of her career.  

Edited by vale9001

5 minutes ago, XtianB said:

yeah was thinking the same yesterday. Why does the lgbt community prefer representation from beyonce rather than an lgbt artist

Harry Styles is not LGBT. :rip: 

22 minutes ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

Add to that that she particularly dedicated this album to her GAY uncle who died because of AIDS and you realize how stupid people are claiming shes fake supportive of the LGBTQIA+community

"i have black friends" teas

49 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

Oh c'mon Beyoncé never was a longtime LGBTQ defender.

She was also shocked by Madonna and Britney kiss in 2003.

It's only when Gaga appeared around 2008 that she start saying "yeah i take inspiration from lbgtq people around me, my hair dresser i a lesbian..."

This is categorically false. :skull: Like, straight up lies. What is wrong with you? :deadbanana2:

4 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Beyoncè in the conversation of being a piooner for the representation of queer people is the most ridicolous thing i ever read. People saying everything about her is just revisionist propaganda could be right if someone even thinks to make this a point of discussion :rip:

Beyoncè's brand was build to be appealing to straight women, nothing queer about it... the fact some lgbtq people find appealing  every strong personality in entertainment doesn't make her art remotely queer, at least in the first phase of her career.  

I never said that, but I can tell you have comprehension issues. I said it was an argument for some of the names you mentioned, not Beyoncé.

1 hour ago, dumbsparce said:

There's a difference between baiting you're into people who share the same anatomy as you and paying homage to a community who has been supporting you since day 1 of your career

Exactly. And she actually had people from the community on the album. Aside from that she’s explicitly stated that this album is almost a memoir for her Uncle Johnny. 

Edited by Cotton

5 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

This is categorically false. :skull: Like, straight up lies. What is wrong with you? :deadbanana2:

:ahh: they don’t think before they speak here

Also being shocked about that kiss twenty years ago doesn’t mean you don’t support gay rights. Shock is such a neutral reaction :rip: 

1 hour ago, Pristine said:

by releasing generic AIW that appeal to soccer moms

This isn't why he's being accused of queerbaiting though.

1 hour ago, Pristine said:

now tell me this sis.

ATRL say Harry queerbiating by releasing generic AIW that appeal to soccer moms but somehow Renaissance is not queer pandering when lbr no one but g@ys and they hags really use it :foxaylove3: not to mention the R lyrics which make its a gay album lbr 

15 minutes ago, Sir Galahad said:

I never said that, but I can tell you have comprehension issues. I said it was an argument for some of the names you mentioned, not Beyoncé.

can you please reply to me? cause I never actually saw any queer representation in Beyoncé's art before? no shade just curious what I missed

33 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

"i have black friends" teas

No ? Artists have been dedicating their their work to the loved ones who died since the beginning of the times ? "Tears in Heaven" for example.

She decided to dedicate this album to her gay uncle. What's the better way to celebrate him than show the love to the community he was part of.

11 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Google is free 

kinda serving "I'm making things up"

some of you white 🚬's come on here not knowing a damn thing and talk so sure of yourselves, it's absurd.

first of all, maybe google what "queer baiting" is before making a thread because Beyoncé has been with the same man for two whole decades (probably since before some of you were born).

then, check the album credits. how many queer people worked on Harry's House? or ANY of Harry's music? could probably count with one hand. RENAISSANCE centers queer history as its thesis, from the Uncle Johnny dedication in the first page of the physical copies, to all of the queer/trans collaborators that worked on the project (who would have won Grammys had RENAISSANCE taken AOTY), to the BREAK MY SOUL remix where Beyoncé shouts out notable ballroom houses. it's dedicated to queer and more specifically Black queer culture.

lastly, Beyoncé has included queer people in her projects long before your faves were doing free shows to book a record deal. use the internet if you have a burning question about it.

Is this a real question?

One pretends his sexuality is anything other than straight to make himself seem more interesting than he actually is, while the other is simply paying homage. Comparing Renaissance to one of the most disingenuous/PR’d Mick Jagger wannabe is crazy :rip:

Beyonce has never pretended to be a queer woman for the sake of garnering support from the queer community unlike Harry and certain other pop girls :gaygacat3:

10 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

kinda serving "I'm making things up"

It's been talked about frequently on this forum. From her including a drag queen in "Bills, Bills, Bills", to her black gay dancers in "Freakum Dress", or performing "Single Ladies" live with two male dancers or gay couples in "All Night". She has featured queer performers in her art for her entire career. Just because you can't be bothered to listen or do a tiny bit of research doesn't mean people are making it up.

32 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

can you please reply to me? cause I never actually saw any queer representation in Beyoncé's art before? no shade just curious what I missed

Freakum Dress. Watch the video