how is Harry House queer baiting but not Renaiisance?

Pristine

now tell me this sis.

ATRL say Harry queerbiating by releasing generic AIW that appeal to soccer moms but somehow Renaissance is not queer pandering when lbr no one but g@ys and they hags really use it :foxaylove3: not to mention the R lyrics which make its a gay album lbr 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Jon Snow

• ScorpiosGroove

• chosensparkles

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference between baiting you're into people who share the same anatomy as you and paying homage to a community who has been supporting you since day 1 of your career

5 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

There's a difference between baiting you're into people who share the same anatomy as you and paying homage to a community who has been supporting you since day 1 of your career

/endthread

6 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Oh c'mon Beyoncé never was a longtime LGBTQ defender.

She was also shocked by Madonna and Britney kiss in 2003.

It's only when Gaga appeared around 2008 that she start saying "yeah i take inspiration from lbgtq people around me, my hair dresser i a lesbian..."

Don't believe because a huge pop star gives you crumbs that she is more relevant than people as Harry Styles.

I put them too at the same level.

Edited by Bencharmer

1 minute ago, Bencharmer said:

It's only when Gaga appeared around 2008 that she start saying "yeah i take inspiration to lbgtq people around me, my hair dresser i a lesbian..."

Don't believe because a huge pop girl gives you crumbs that she is more relevant than people as Harry Styles.

Harry is baiting that he's into men. It's still different than Beyonce faking her support.

the outrage we'd see if harry performed for those dictators in dubai instead of beyonce..

What queerbaiting when she’s been with the same man for two decades and they have 4 children?

it’s not her fault that the gay themselves gave her the title of gay icon…

Are people really criticizing the album itself for being queerbaiting tho? :coffee2:

11 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Harry is baiting that he's into men. It's still different than Beyonce faking her support.

Those are entertainers. In 2023 if you don't show supports to lbgtq people that is going to prevent you from a constantly growing potential audience.

People except from those entertainers to include lgbt elements to what they do... Just watch all those people tiktoking on their music with phrases like "i can finally come out" "be proud of you are"...

We know Harry and Beyoncé as superstars but we don't know who they sleep with.

Anyways, i don't question the "purety" of their intentions. But i just want to notice how we are biased when it comes to validate people who are more worthy to appreciate our culture than others.

Edited by Bencharmer

9 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

It's only when Gaga appeared around 2008 that she start saying "yeah i take inspiration from lbgtq people around me, my hair dresser i a lesbian..."

Don't believe because a huge pop star gives you crumbs that she is more relevant than people as Harry Styles.

The kiss was meant to shock, so it's a non-point. The quote attributed was said to be fake.

Beyoncé has had queer representation in her art long before it was socially acceptable. 

I think Harry's queer baiting has nothing to do with his bland music. More so his habit of wearing ugly clothes to 'break gender norms' or whatever :priceless: 

Renaissance however was a tasteful ode to music genres pioneered by the queer community. Beyonce championing our community now when anti LGBT discourse is the highest it has been since the 2000s is anything but queer baiting. Trying to profit off of a queer audience by looking like a fool and not putting any actual work in is. Not really seeing the connection here, but 10 points for effort I guess :zzz:

19 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

:giraffe:

3 minutes ago, Sir Galahad said:

The kiss was meant to shock, so it's a non-point. The quote attributed was said to be fake.

Beyoncé has had queer representation in her art long before it was socially acceptable. 

Beyoncè started her career in 2003, how this can be remotely true when Madonna, Kylie, George Michael, Elton John already exists :rofl:

Edited by vale9001

21 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

:cm:

What is queerbaiting about Harry?.

I mean what is the difference with every your fave pop girl with a photo near a pool kissing a girl but then always marrying a man?. The fact you don't have the fake paparazzi thing?.

Edited by vale9001

30 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Brilliantly put :clap3:

32 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

31 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Add to that that she particularly dedicated this album to her GAY uncle who died because of AIDS and you realize how stupid people are claiming shes fake supportive of the LGBTQIA+community

35 minutes ago, Pristine said:

now tell me this sis.

ATRL say Harry queerbiating by releasing generic AIW that appeal to soccer moms but somehow Renaissance is not queer pandering when lbr no one but g@ys and they hags really use it :foxaylove3: not to mention the R lyrics which make its a gay album lbr 

This is literally not true what is this thread :deadbanana:

21 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

the outrage we'd see if harry performed for those dictators in dubai instead of beyonce..

No he wouldn't. :sistrens:

10 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Beyoncè started her career in 2003, how this can be remotely true when Madonna, Kylie, George Michael, Elton John already exists :rofl:

Her solo career started in 2003. Her career started with Destiny's Child. She still had queer representation at that time.

And? Homosexuality was still far from being socially acceptable to the same degree. There's an argument for some of those people being pioneers, but it isn't what's bring argued in this thread.

If you're going to try and come for someone, try and think about the words you use a little better.

38 minutes ago, Pristine said:

ATRL say Harry queerbiating by releasing generic AIW that appeal to soccer moms

This is NOT the reason why people accuse Styles of queerbaiting. Which orifice did you pull this from? :deadbanana2:

1 minute ago, Sir Galahad said:

Her solo career started in 2003. Her career started with Destiny's Child. She still had queer representation at that time.

And? Homosexuality was still far from being socially acceptable to the same degree. There's an argument for some of those people being pioneers, but it isn't what's bring argued in this thread.

If you're going to try and come for someone, try and think about the words you use a little better.

may I ask which queer representation? do you have receipts?

Because accusing Renaissance as being "queerbaiting" would be ignorant. Renaissance has many Black queer artists from that era as big contributions to the album and are credited, the same credits y'all dragged her for having (although we know if she didn't credit, she would be dragged as well). How is it pandering and queerbaiting when she has actual people from the community & culture contributing to sounds they (Black queer community) pioneered?