Grammys described: Agree or Disagree? Be Honest!

Summertime Love

Grammys described: Agree or Disagree? Be Honest!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Grammys described: Agree or Disagree? Be Honest!

• Agree
    • Disagree

One of the things I love/hate about the Grammys is how absolutely nothing changes and they’re always a complete sh-tshow. After every Grammy telecast, people are screaming, crying, throwing up about who was snubbed and who won. The Recording Academy is made up of misogynistic old farts who are also very racist, and they don’t feel the need to change.

Source

Agree or disagree - I think they did not go hard enough though. :jonny:

Edited by Summertime Love

I don't understand why people who get so mad about them keep watching them lol. When it comes to The Oscars, they make horrible choices with both nominations and awards, but at least you get to discover a lot of excellent movies you might have skipped otherwise. The Grammys just nominate whatever was popular that year so there's no way you haven't already been aware of 90% of the songs and album nominated so what do you get from following them if you are gonna throw a tamper tantrum when someone you like loses?

They're often a **** show and the academy is certainly problematic but it's quite entertaining to watch

58 minutes ago, Mobility Mary said:

I don't understand why people who get so mad about them keep watching them lol. When it comes to The Oscars, they make horrible choices with both nominations and awards, but at least you get to discover a lot of excellent movies you might have skipped otherwise. The Grammys just nominate whatever was popular that year so there's no way you haven't already been aware of 90% of the songs and album nominated so what do you get from following them if you are gonna throw a tamper tantrum when someone you like loses?

Very much this. :clap3:

And yet as much as the Grammys are a shitshow, they never served us Kanyegate, Moonlight / La La Land, Will Smith’s slap, or the most embarrassing moment in awards show history: the Oscars completely rearranging the order of presentation to make honoring Chadwick Boseman the night’s end point without checking the envelope to make sure he won. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.