Björk becomes a x16 Grammy loser, why?

TheBoss

The icelandic singer, songwriter, music producer, composer and actress has lost her 16th and only nomination tonight for her last album "Fossora", which was nominated for Best Alternative Album.

One would expect with such a large, incredible, acclaimed, and almost flawless discography she would be able to get a grammy by now.

She's one of the most creative musicians since she came out on the scene back in the 80s, so why do you guys think she got snubbed ONCE again? Are the grammys after her? Maybe they just keep making excuses to connect with her music?

Discuss. 

bjork-atopos.gif

it's iconic at this point, I kind of hope they keep nominating and snubbing her nnnnn

stream Her Mother's House :clap3:

It’s just a meme at this point. The Grammy Awards aren’t by or for people who get her and she doesn’t need them. :gayorkcat4:

The Icelandic Tori Amos/PJ Harvey :clap3:

if their never gonna award her why even nominate?

They're worried she'll go on stage to receive her award wearing a swan

Bjork | Marie Claire UK

Edited by midnightdawn

im realizing the grammy's are massively anti-foreigner :skull: If you're not from an anglophone background its pretty hard to win anything.

This premiere ceremony is ridiculously boring

She doesn’t care. Don’t nominees usually campaign for votes? 

I can’t see Björk authorizing her label to kiss ass on her behalf. 

I do hope they keep nominating her and she continues to lose tbh :gaycat5: Let’s keep that streak going! :party:

She‘s too ahead of her time for the Grammys :gaycat5:

If they never rewarded her at her peak they’re probably never going to reward her so she might as well just keep that iconic losing streak going lol

oh wow 

Edited by Katamari

She's above the Grammy's. But this is such a kii. :rip:

I only know who that is because of ATRL. :rip:

It’s a huge self-drag for the Grammy’s. She must not be conventional (read: boring) enough for them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.