Final Verdict: Renaissance vs 30, which will win AOTY?

duybeeGAshantiGA

Final Verdict: Renaissance vs 30, which will win AOTY?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Renaissance vs 30: AOTY ?

Hoping for Beyonce, have a feeling it's going to be Harry unfortunately :( 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• CrimsonX

• Pleighboy

• TanjiroKamado

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Neither are getting it. One was a flop, the other an even bigger one.

Which one was the even bigger one?

I'm hoping it's something else because I'm looking forward to the meltdowns on here.  :cheers:

I voted for Ren since it was a strong album and has the best narrative from what we have seen, but the more I think about it, the more likely it seems that someone else might pull an upset.

9 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

Which one was the even bigger one?

30 bc it was a massive decline despite probably moving more units than Renaissance

19 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

30 bc it was a massive decline despite probably moving more units than Renaissance

Got it. 

2 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

The disaster that would be if Harry's House takes it :biblio:

Lowkey manifesting it to happen for this reason. :razzle: It would be a classic Grammy moment, and the backlash would be glorious to witness. 

Anything to further decrease the institution's ever-decaying credibility and respectability among music lovers and artists. 

OT: Neither. Harry Styles fits the profile of the type of artist the Academy loves to shower with awards, and he could very well pull a "24K Magic". Not to mention the last time a white man won the top honour of the night was in 2015, and a guy who's actively marketed as this 'transgressive' and 'progressive' male popstar would be the perfect excuse for them. 🙄 I could also see Brandi Carlile winning if serious vote-splitting occurs, which would be less distasteful, but still chaotic à la Jon Batiste. 

The two dark horses here are actually ABBA and Mary J. Blige, who could end up getting an overdue type of victory. 

I just don't see it for Adele, despite being one of the few who actually loves "30" and finds it to be her strongest body of work. And unfortunately, these voters do not respect Beyoncé and the approach of her craft. It would be a huge surprise if she ends up winning, and if she does, I hope she's preparing a speech in honour of all the amazing black artists who were robbed and continuously disrespected since OutKast's AOTY win in 2004 (the last time a black artist won for current and culturally relevant work).

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes.

Edited by Moonlight Nation

Neither. Brandi is coming to shut down both.

13 hours ago, Moonlight Nation said:

Lowkey manifesting it to happen for this reason. :razzle: It would be a classic Grammy moment, and the backlash would be glorious to witness. 

Anything to further decrease the institution's ever-decaying credibility and respectability among music lovers and artists. 

OT: Neither. Harry Styles fits the profile of the type of artist the Academy loves to shower with awards, and he could very well pull a "24K Magic". Not to mention the last time a white man won the top honour of the night was in 2015, and a guy who's actively marketed as this 'transgressive' and 'progressive' male popstar would be the perfect excuse for them. 🙄 I could also see Brandi Carlile winning if serious vote-splitting occurs, which would be less distasteful, but still chaotic à la Jon Batiste. 

The two dark horses here are actually ABBA and Mary J. Blige, who could end up getting an overdue type of victory. 

I just don't see it for Adele, despite being one of the few who actually loves "30" and finds it to be her strongest body of work. And unfortunately, these voters do not respect Beyoncé and the approach of her craft. It would be a huge surprise if she ends up winning, and if she does, I hope she's preparing a speech in honour of all the amazing black artists who were robbed and continuously disrespected since OutKast's AOTY win in 2004 (the last time a black artist won for current and culturally relevant work).

Guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes.

The way you got everything right :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.