Why will Taylor Swift surpass Madonna?

ChandlerBing

The only people who like Madonna are 50+ year old hags who sniff poppers while scrolling through Grindr and are still livid about Lady Gaga becoming everything Madonna isnt: a respected multimedia legend. Dont worry, those fans'll die of lung failure soon enough though from all that leather cleaner inhaling and by then Taylor will reign supreme in this hypercapitalist landscape enacting forced legislating to make sure we stream her albums DAILY. Who cares about the impact of running around on a cake dressed in a boy belt wedding dress when you've got: 9 albums certified 4x Platinum!

We Swifties will make sure every trace of that youth obsessed woman will be ERASED from the annals of history and all that will be left is the video of her sitting in her bathtub talking about how grateful she is for COVID 19 being the great equalizer! As the future in healthcare I will make sure that my private clinic once I go into plastic surgery will have WARNINGS of nothing but Madonna's botched surgeries over the 36 years of her pretentious career!

We dont need 'impact' or a 'sex book' or 'implied sex with Jesus', we need NUMBERS, we need SALES, once Taylor reigns supreme she can just say 'gay rights' and all homophobia disappears, Madonna had to do all that extra **** just for an ounce of attention and did not even progress society whew my fave cant RELATE.

Taylor is able to hop around genres and make sonically cohesive records we force ourselves to listen to everyday. No one cares about Madonna outside of the LGTV community and even then its just like 3 of her singles.

Edited by MingYouToo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chaklux

• Madonno

• vale9001

• byzantium

"Sales"? People streamed mostly I thought. So is it really fair that Madonna fans had to BUY her music not just listen/download it?

both sales and tour grossing?

of course

taylor is 34 years old,madonna is 65 years old,taylor has made another 10 tours when she‘s 65。

taylor 140m ,madonna 240m,but taylor get 22million every year

she will surpass Madonna in 5 years

5 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

The only people who like Madonna are 50+ year old hags who sniff poppers while scrolling through Grindr and are still livid about Lady Gaga becoming everything Madonna isnt: a respected multimedia legend. Dont worry, those fans'll die of lung failure soon enough though from all that leather cleaner inhaling and by then Taylor will reign supreme in this hypercapitalist landscape enacting forced legislating to make sure we stream her albums DAILY. Who cares about the impact of running around on a cake dressed in a boy belt wedding dress when you've got: 9 albums certified 4x Platinum!

We Swifties will make sure every trace of that youth obsessed woman will be ERASED from the annals of history and all that will be left is the video of her sitting in her bathtub talking about how grateful she is for COVID 19 being the great equalizer! As the future in healthcare I will make sure that my private clinic once I go into plastic surgery will have WARNINGS of nothing but Madonna's botched surgeries over the 36 years of her pretentious career!

We dont need 'impact' or a 'sex book' or 'implied sex with Jesus', we need NUMBERS, we need SALES, once Taylor reigns supreme she can just say 'gay rights' and all homophobia disappears, Madonna had to do all that extra **** just for an ounce of attention and did not even progress society whew my fave cant RELATE.

Taylor is able to hop around genres and make sonically cohesive records we force ourselves to listen to everyday. No one cares about Madonna outside of the LGTV community and even then its just like 3 of her singles.

i'm not reading all this but the first line alone had me rolling.

No one is thinking about Gaga in 2023 and no one wants to be her :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, tiagol88 said:

i'm not reading all this but the first line alone had me rolling.

No one is thinking about Gaga in 2023 and no one wants to be her :deadbanana2:

Yes people are thinking about Gaga! Why do you think Joker 2 has her on it? Why do you think despite being on a terrible film like Gucci she was still shortlisted and acclaimed for it?!

Madonna had to scrap her flop autobiography because studios knew it was too dark! Shouldve sent it to Netflix they produce anything these days anyways!

It's crazy how disproportionate Taylor's impact is to her commercial success. She'll get there with the sales and commercial success, but I don't know how she will be remembered in the future the way Madonna is now. At the end of the day that is what people remember musicians for besides their music - the impact and influence they've had beyond it. I can't really point to any significant legacy Taylor has created for herself in the past 15 years.

41 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Impact is absolutely made up. You cannot measure impact. You can measure sales, numbers. Beyonce is supposedly the impactful girl around but she has no one listening to her discography. Her impactful album Lemonade is less consumed than some REAL impactful singles from 10, 15 years ago. Impact = how many people consume your art. Not how many people get hyped for you then don't bother checking out after first listen. 

Lemonade (and her previous album) pioneering the surprise drop release method and its visual album has definitely created impact in spite of its streams. Impact is about the influence of an artist beyond commercial sales. Beyonce has that in spades, Taylor not so much.

The way some you are talking about Madonna, Taylor Swift and Beyoncè in reference to art like this is a discussion about Picasso is sending me ... :deadbanana2:

Listen I'm in this forum cause just give me a little bit of pop culture and i love it but also I know of what I'm talking about and what is real value and impact is ... Gosh some of you are a such a level of being delusional :ninja:

Edited by vale9001

4 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Yes people are thinking about Gaga! Why do you think Joker 2 has her on it? Why do you think despite being on a terrible film like Gucci she was still shortlisted and acclaimed for it?!

Madonna had to scrap her flop autobiography because studios knew it was too dark! Shouldve sent it to Netflix they produce anything these days anyways!

Madonna is doing fine without Gaga comparisons with her new tour. No need to bring Gaga to a topic that doesn't even mention her anywhere. You're literally the only one that's talking about her

She won't. 

She may break Madonna's tour record but never her sales records. 

1 hour ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Maybe

What a

Madonna is 

and Taylor has 

where she can co-exist with Madonna as Blonde Legends in Music.

The effort :deadbanana2:

This obsession with Taylor being the number 1 in every metric :deadbanana2: do y'all have a personal investment in this? If we say yes will y'all stop?

As it has been said, Taylor could feasibly surpass Madonna one day but she will never have the amount of impact Madonna has had across several different eras of her career

57 minutes ago, chaklux said:

Also talking about kendrick again. He is currently the most acclaimed and considered number 1 rapper of this generation in terms of icon/legend discussion despite being far less successful than Drake and his albums having less Reccurrent stream. That's what is meant by impact and quality. Taylor have those too by the way, I'm not saying she doesn't. She is just not up to Beyoncé talkless of Queen Madge. 

This is a very bad take. 30 years from now no one will be listening to an album because it was acclaimed 30 years ago. People will listen to the music they used to listen when they were younger. How much an album is acclaimed today means nothing 30 years from now. 

We literally have the Beatles, considerably the biggest musical act of all time. They were never exceptional, they were not pushing boundaries, not sexualizing themselves, but they are still much more referenced today than Madonna. That's because they are the music that people listened to the most back then, so that's why they have the bigger songs now. That generation that consumed them are still consuming them. 

Madonna is Madonna today not because of the boundaries she pushed, but because she was ******* successful, so people that used her music back then, still use it today. 

If Madonna had never been successful, she wouldn't turn out to be successful now. The example you have makes absolutely no sense. If people do not consume this To Pimp a Butterfly album today, what makes you think people will do in the future? Unless Kendrick has a tragic death that makes people re-discover his discography, he's not going to be a more impactful artist in the future than Drake. No one cares about Metacritc, they care about the songs they listen to. 

Edited by Badgalbriel

7 minutes ago, Blue Monday said:

This obsession with Taylor being the number 1 in every metric :deadbanana2: do y'all have a personal investment in this? If we say yes will y'all stop?

As it has been said, Taylor could feasibly surpass Madonna one day but she will never have the amount of impact Madonna has had across several different eras of her career

FINALLY someone gets it. Everyone battling in here like they have some personal stake in all this ****. Does your fave artist going #1 and selling a lot stroke your shallow little gay ego that much? 

Also, @MingYouToo’s piece has to be satirical right? :coffee2:

She has surpassed her in the US where Madonna has no Diamond selling album (Like a Virgin is certified based on shipments and half of TIC numbers come from less than a $1 Club sales), #1 year-end album, 1 million opening weeks, but she will never come close to Madonna numbers in Europe for example, especially in countries like France, Italy, Germany where Swift has embarrassing pure sales. 

20 minutes ago, Shoful said:

FINALLY someone gets it. Everyone battling in here like they have some personal stake in all this ****. Does your fave artist going #1 and selling a lot stroke your shallow little gay ego that much? 

Anyone in their right mind would know I didnt post sarcastic markers my bad I like Madonna, Gaga and Taylor :deadbanana2:

I used to make countless threads about the Like a Virgin era :deadbanana4: (i love that album sm)

Edited by MingYouToo

1 hour ago, Madonno said:

Taylor can surpass Madonna in sales?

Hell no

That´s impossible

Taylor "sales" includes a HUGE portion of strams. Those are not sales, just stream....

In this climate, is impossible to reach Madonna´s sales

Stop living in the past.. 

move on Grandma. 

yes she will.. maybe 5-7 years more

Edited by LosingHimWasBlue

36 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Right like go outside and touch some grass It's never that serious :biblio: I worry some of these people don't even care about the music all they seem concerned with is commercial success

I used to think this would happen.

And yeah Taylor might have better numbers in the end, but after the Midnight era it becomes more clear that she won’t come close to the impact, legacy or influence Madonna once had.

She is not even close to Madonna in a cultural perspective

In 30 years once both are done, Madonna will be in the history books because of her influence and impact and how she shifted female pop and her influence in the lgbtq community. Taylor will be in the top of US sales all time, but that’s about it so far.

Taylor is still young and she's here to stay in a long time. She's gonna surpass Madonna after The Eras Tour. :gaylorcat2:

Lol everyone's talking about impact but what's really the impact of Madonna? As a millennial, I don't know much about her besides the woman who sang Material Girl and famous for outrageous shows. Taylor in a young age is already making big impact by negotiating with Big Techs and Spotify while bringing discussions about monopoly in touring industry. Those are the impacts that we should be talking about, not some sexy dancing moves that only gays remember.

Anyway, Taylor will surpass M when simulates masturbation on stage to Look What You Made Me Do 

2 minutes ago, iam1925 said:

Lol everyone's talking about impact but what's really the impact of Madonna? As a millennial, I don't know much about her besides the woman who sang Material Girl and famous for outrageous shows. Taylor in a young age is already making big impact by negotiating with Big Techs and Spotify while bringing discussions about monopoly in touring industry. Those are the impacts that we should be talking about, not some sexy dancing moves that only gays remember.

If you want to know more about Madonna's impact, open Google and do some research. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.