Ditto by NewJeans surpasses Dynamite by BTS, 611 PAKs

GentleEarthquake

For those who don't know what a PAK is; PAK is a music chart achievement in South Korea where a song simultaneously reaches number one on the real-time, daily, and weekly components of iChart, a music chart ranking aggregator operated by the South Korean web entertainment publisher Instiz Corporation

:-*

idgi. they can't have 611 days on top right? since they have been out for less than that

35 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

idgi. they can't have 611 days on top right? since they have been out for less than that

Perfect All-Kills (PAKs) are just a measurement of how many hours a song has occupied the #1 spot on all relevant music charts in South Korea (there are at least 8, I believe —- someone correct me if I’m wrong) at the same time. It’s something of a chart phenomenon in SK and amongst the K-pop fandom because each chart is affected either by its respective streaming platform or a distinct criteria. So for a singular song to occupy the top spot for that length of time is considered an impressive feat.

Edited by Rhythm

I remember when BTS stans were pushing them because they were doing better than BLACKPINK. Now the script is flipped and they hate them now :jonnycat: This is why you don't stan someone because you hate someone else. Pathetic group. ANYWAY these queens deserve it. Absolute quality every single drop they've done

not a Kpop fan but i've seen the k-pop fandom talking about how NewJeans has a huge playlisting payola machine behind them. Is this true or just the BLINKs and ARMYs hating?

So its like 615/24? Pretty much the entire month #1 in streams? Damn... Congrats!

Edited by muddysquirrel

12 minutes ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

not a Kpop fan but i've seen the k-pop fandom talking about how NewJeans has a huge playlisting payola machine behind them. Is this true or just the BLINKs and ARMYs hating?

I mean they do have some Spotify playlisting in order to reach a more global audience, but their songs are already hugely popular in South Korea, and it’s super easy to get into their concept / music, even if you are not into kpop.

29 minutes ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

they HAVE huge playlisting but its not payola in the sense we know it as.

NewJeans have been taking off for almost 6 months now across global charts both in Apple Music and Spotify with ZERO push, but with their recent comeback Ditto + OMG they're finally being pushed by their label (aka playlists)

tl;dr: they organically grew on streaming, so obviously their label is capitalizing on it and putting them on playlists.

great achievement, i don't think our blackpink girls managed to get PAKs with pink venom or shut down?

22 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

great achievement, i don't think our blackpink girls managed to get PAKs with pink venom or shut down?

nope, their last PAK was HYLT

6 minutes ago, Flomik said:

nope, their last PAK was HYLT

lovesick girls missed it? :rip: 

3 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

lovesick girls missed it? :rip: 

yes it was blocked by Dynamite 

but it had INSANE longevity, and in Korea it was bigger than HYLT overall despite HYLT having higher peaks

1 hour ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

They do have big playlisting because they are really popular rn, just how it always works 

newsupremes keeps hags gen 3 at bay, that's what i called talent :gaygacat4: :clap3:

2 hours ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

It’s both :redface: NJ is getting amazing promo and push on streaming but wouldn’t exactly call it payola, so yeah people are over-exaggerating as always 

And congrats to them. Great song 

2 hours ago, Carrie-is-no-1 said:

Playlisting payola alone wouldn't get them to #1 let alone getting them PAKs at least in Korea. the song is jut hugely popular over there 

2 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

they HAVE huge playlisting but its not payola in the sense we know it as.

NewJeans have been taking off for almost 6 months now across global charts both in Apple Music and Spotify with ZERO push, but with their recent comeback Ditto + OMG they're finally being pushed by their label (aka playlists)

tl;dr: they organically grew on streaming, so obviously their label is capitalizing on it and putting them on playlists.

No need to lie, they were pushed from the very beginning. 

OT: Amazing! Congrats to them and to mother Min Heejin :clap3:

Congrats:clap3:

and OMG would probably be getting PAK too if it wasnt for Ditto still smashing hard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.