Viral tweet exposes society’s FATPHOBIA towards Sam Smith

Aren

3 hours ago, Big Bad Wolf said:

Yes, we know. What is the point in making the same thread multiple times a day. It's mostly gay men hating on them so what do you want us to do? Our community has serious problems, and a lot of gay men are shallow and only support people they deem attractive. 

Sam is not my cup of tea as an artist strictly but I don't mind them. They're doing their thing and I'm not mad, let's give people the floor to express themselves, no matter what they look like. What they're doing might break barriers for others like them. 

They have a #1 hit, Grammy nom and booked performance, so I'm sure they sleep just fine at night. Enough now.

Love this and I completely agree, I don’t follow their music. I think people should think about why they find Sam so confronting, because it says more about them than it does about Sam. Why do people who are different get a target on their back for trying to be confident in their bodies? It’s just very toxic and we’re not letting people experience their whole humanity which everybody has a right to do whatever their weight, body type, gender identity, sexuality, age or race. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cain

• Negev

• paperfectdelusion

• Aren

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s the piss and piss play induendos 

Some of yall need to grasp reality. 

They all look terrible and Harry/LNX get dragged for their bad outfits all the time.

No gordofobia going on.

Being shielded from criticism about your ugly clothes is not liberation, especially when you’re already rich

What is more aesthetically pleasing, toned muscles or fat rolls? Pick your eyecandy of choice.

White, straight, good looking men were always allowed to do whatever they want. Fat, gay ones no, so please stop acting naivé. 

But it looks bad on Sam Smith though? Nothing to do with his size let be clear about that. It’s the way he’s styled, compared to the other ones. 

5 minutes ago, LadyDiana said:

White, straight, good looking men were always allowed to do whatever they want. Fat, gay ones no, so please stop acting naivé. 

Lil nas is white straight? 

I find this outrage so ironic considering the video has no other fat men frolicking around in ill-fitting revealing outfits. It is a completely standard gay-adjacent music video that sexualizes and glorifies thinness and muscularity outside of Sam being present. The only thing I see is narcissism. 

and? being fat isn’t found attractive all around the world

Being obese shouldn't be celebrated, it's a condition that puts your life in danger.

If he wants to look like a pig that has rolled around in glitter then that's fine, but he shouldn't expect everyone to be supportive when decades of science has demonstrated how bad being fat is for you.

I would stan if he was promoting a healthy lifestyle or trying to lose weight. He just has a weak will and is too lazy to resist temptation.

2 hours ago, nadiamendell said:

Fn6pPdYacAAO6sm?format=jpg&name=large

Wait, what IS this outfit??? :deadbanana2: I'm sorry, but someone did Sam dirty with the styling in this video. :skull:

:deadbanana:

5 hours ago, Redstreak said:

Honestly I’ll just accept the fatphobic allegetions if that’s the only way certain people want to frame it. They look awful, it doesn’t look good on their body shape, there is like no time in history where someone who dressed like that has ever been considered attractive 

The worst part is, Sam Smith isn't a normal person, but a millionaire so it's an insult to injury how a rich person who has all the time and resources cannot hire a trainer / chef. There's just no explanation for this whole thing because nobody likes being bigger. It's more satisfying to be skinny. 

Careful, it’s against the ATRL dictatorship rules to capitalise a word in thread titles for emphasis. The mods consider it “disruptive” & it may offend certain sensibilities. 

Poor Sam. Wear whatever you want Sam. 

Edited by FOCK

4 hours ago, Zoomer said:

Wow people prefer fit people who gained their physique through hard work, commitment and discipline over someone who embodies laziness and unhealthy eating habits :toofunny3:

This is such a 2000s take jesus :skull:

47 minutes ago, Negev said:

The worst part is, Sam Smith isn't a normal person, but a millionaire so it's an insult to injury how a rich person who has all the time and resources cannot hire a trainer / chef. There's just no explanation for this whole thing because nobody likes being bigger. It's more satisfying to be skinny. 

Lol. Take a look at the gainer community on Twitter. You’d be very surprised 

God it looks horrendous on all four of them

I think everyone who's not named Montero should all pack it in because they look a mess the majority of the time and need better stylists. 

but they all look terrible :toofunny3: (except for nas x i guess)

2 hours ago, bjorn said:

Lil nas is white straight? 

Lil nas was NEVER praised by GP...

He looks terrible in that new video… I would loveeeee serious, professional LGBT representation.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.