Spotify: Katy 10 songs over 400k / 7 over 500k streams daily. Why?

DoubleRainbow!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BawBaw

• DoubleRainbow!

• manuelalex9810

• Hot Volcano

11 minutes ago, PopKills said:

Well you’re right it was unnecessary mentioning her, it’s just annoying to see (usually) LMs on here dragging Katy in every Katy thread as some sort of forgotten flop when a few months ago (before Wednesday) Katy had even more monthly listeners and their numbers are usually pretty even. 

And how does that all equal Gaga only having 3 songs doing well on Spotify all of a sudden according to you? :rip:

39 minutes ago, Jjang said:

The way TOTGA out-streams BR, JD, PF, ARUTW, Telephone, BTW, Judas, ROM, HMH etc :rip:

And Gaga has two songs that outstream TOTGA. Your point?

Anyway, both Gaga and Katy are doing healthy numbers, a certain girlie with dated, unlistenable and forgotten catalog can't relate.

Edited by charot

She’s good for a throwback. She should be thankful her music is somewhat remember despite the nonstop bombing since 2014. It’s a Paula Abdul kind of thing but at least Katy’s old hits are still being consumed 

1 minute ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

She’s good for a throwback. She should be thankful her music is somewhat remember despite the nonstop bombing since 2014. It’s a Paula Abdul kind of thing but at least Katy’s old hits are still being consumed 

so in other words it's not a paula abdul kind of thing :deadbanana4:

ot: katy's a pop icon. with the right song she can have a cute little comeback

at this point it should be clear to everyone that even though the gp isnt interested in veteran artist's newer work, they still stream their older classics (using this word very loosely here)

- Two iconic eras that people remember.

- People get nostalgic when they hear the songs from TD and Prism.

- Relatable and inspiring lyrics for the GP (TOTGA, LFN, Roar, Firework etc.).

- Her first three eras didn't rely on any specific trends, aka the songs didn't age poorly. If her first three albums would have been EDM-inspired, I doubt she would pull these numbers in 2023. 

- Simple yet catchy melodies.

Interesting that Smile was considered a massive flop back then but now we have NRO with 620M, HIH with 332M and Daisies with 202M. 

Edited by Galantis

2 hours ago, Lemonjuice said:

It’s so weird that people treat Katy as the biggest flop recently but I see she’s doing pretty fine. 

2 hours ago, PopKills said:

Love both but it’s so funny how monsters claim streams like these for 3 Gaga songs are proof of her being remembered but still call Katy a flop and forgotten when most of her discography does those numbers and better :jonny6:

:cm:

2 hours ago, BawBaw said:

ask your fellow  kittkat 

One is in the top10 most stream females and the other one is N/A 

Katy was outstreaming your fave before the release of the Top Gun Maverick album and before that song from 2011 went viral, so don’t get this defensive 

She is mother!!  The amout of hits

I fear a comeback with KP6 is coming!

Menawhile…. Let Me Stream Never Really Over 

3 hours ago, PopKills said:

Love both but it’s so funny how monsters claim streams like these for 3 Gaga songs are proof of her being remembered but still call Katy a flop and forgotten when most of her discography does those numbers and better :jonny6:

:giraffe:

2 hours ago, BawBaw said:

And ROM pulls more than everything KP released after 2013 :rip::rip:

Spotify streams (27/01):
Harleys in Hawaii(2019) - +423,656
Rain on Me(2020) - +399,470

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

Its a 2011 song that went viral on TT :deadbanana2: how are you gonna shade Katy for not having high streamed songs post 2013 and then hail BM as if that makes Gaga contemporary :rip: embarrassing. 

The way TOTGA out-streams BR, JD, PF, ARUTW, Telephone, BTW, Judas, ROM, HMH etc :rip:

TOTGA also went mega viral on TikTok, how are you gonna drag Gaga for having a viral hit with.... another one :rip: 

Gaga's recent efforts have done better than Katy's, it's not rocket science.

OT - Katy has a great catalog of smashers, not shocking

It's even sadder Katy's hits last but not her fame :rip:

Unlike some of her peers who remain slightly relevant thanks to Tik Tok’s owners, Katy Perry has always had amazing recurrent streams :clap3:

3 hours ago, Xder said:

*2008...like Gaga singles ( br, just dance, poker face) except shallow

Nah, Applause is doing 500k+ daily (same as Roar), Million Reasons 300k+ (more than some #1s from 2016 like RiRi's Work), ARUTW 700k+, all solo singles from post BTW eras, Gaga is doing more than fine :coffee2:

4 hours ago, thismoment said:

and she’s been inactive for like 3 years, imagine if she cared:jonny6: 

ppubkjX.png

I'm imagining.

:jonny6: 

4 hours ago, BawBaw said:

Where are her singles after 2013,? 

4 hours ago, BawBaw said:

my bad....her ratio is very good 1/27 singles :rip:....and even HIH is no BM or even Judas :rip:

:dies:

3 hours ago, BawBaw said:

And still demolishes eveyrthing KP released after 2013 :rip::rip::rip:

And ROM pulls more than everything KP released after 2013 :rip::rip:

1 hour ago, manuelalex9810 said:

Spotify streams (27/01):

:deadbanana2:

Because she has one of the greatest albums of all time. A true generation-defining classic 

Teenage Dream’s legacy will be rock solid for decades. Have no doubt about that 

4 hours ago, Mr. Stratus said:

Weird how she has those stats, but is no where near top 10 streamed females

Hmm looks like she's doing great for her standards :clap3:

4 hours ago, Jjang said:

Its a 2011 song that went viral on TT :deadbanana2: how are you gonna shade Katy for not having high streamed songs post 2013 and then hail BM as if that makes Gaga contemporary :rip: embarrassing. 

but TOTGA is going super viral now on TikTok :ahh:  Make it make sense!

Also, remove Shallow, Bloody Mary AND Hold My Hand and Gaga is still ahead of Katy :skull:

giphy.gif

Edited by Hot Volcano

2 hours ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Katy was outstreaming your fave before the release of the Top Gun Maverick album and before that song from 2011 went viral, so don’t get this defensive 

before and before and before ....for 2 weeks when she released a single* :bam: and yet that single stalled at 100mil strems with a high profile dj collab :rip:

2 hours ago, manuelalex9810 said:

Spotify streams (27/01):

nice...in 254 years HIH will outstream ROM :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.