Matty Healy from The 1975 under fire for doing the Nazi salute on stage.

Delirious

oh wow the context being revealed. canceledparty is over 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• WhoWho

• Rose

• Lemonjuice

• ATRL Moderator
3 hours ago, Delirious said:

Ok because if he made a joke about black people, he would be cancelled in the speed of light and rightfully so.

I really hope that's the case because Chile. I just feel like the joke was way too convenient for it not to be about Chinese people  Still like you said, him doing a 'fake' salute was not in good taste and his post about the list of Jews was so sus.

Yeah he's never planning to actually say anything.  That's the whole joke, to make it sound like he's about to say something controversial, but the band cuts him off right before he says it.  That's why he starts it out with "These guys are in control of the songs, they can cut me off at any point".  He's done it at a few shows and what he says before the band cuts him off is always different.

And yeah, the "salute" was meant to go with the verse in that song calling out Trump/Kanye/etc, he wasn't actually endorsing it, but he still shouldn't have done it.

The way y'all ignore context. :ahh: He's obviously poking fun at Ye's anti-Semitic Twitter antics, not supporting Nazism. :skull:

5 hours ago, Alyssa Edwards said:

That joke literally makes fun of racism but sure. I can't imagine a person being this annoyingly humourless in real life.

Sleep Patrick GIF - Sleep Patrick Spongebob - Discover & Share GIFs

Well tell everyone on twitter the same thing. Why not say your 'jokes' in public and see how people will react? 🤫

It's like suddenly doing a Nazi salute even if it's an opposite one is ok? No matter the context, it's not ok to do it in Public.

I dare y'all to do his false salute in public and see what happens :coffee2:

6 minutes ago, Delirious said:

It's like suddenly doing a Nazi salute even if it's an opposite one is ok? No matter the context, it's not ok to do it in Public.

I dare y'all to do his false salute in public and see what happens :coffee2:

Shut up and go to sleep. It’s late. 

2 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Well tell everyone on twitter the same thing. Why not say your 'jokes' in public and see how people will react? 🤫

saying "chinese people" ? :deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana:

I tell way way WAYYYYYYY grittier jokes in real life because i love dark humor and everyone is in on it because i don't know anyone that doesn't enjoy blue comedy or irony ? :toofunny3:

bafa2b8971cbaf11f7ad6d0bcf8c2007.gif

2 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

Shut up and go to sleep. It’s late. 

Already went to sleep for 8 long hours. Slept like a baby.

Why are you keeping tabs on this thread when I didn't even reply to you? :bibliahh:

Still mad? :coffee2:

This guy and his fans are absolutely disgusting. How he is not cancelled is beyond me. :ace:

Like I said, bottom of the barrel :giraffe:

On 1/29/2023 at 8:39 AM, WhoWho said:

spacer.png
i-ZdOJq8-2yF2D_6bB9kj41i-Wr8IpCBzWJrKDgH

what are those then?

Taylor is obviously in the middle of waving, and Katy is in the middle of an army salute. Can we not :priceless:

I’m Jewish and don’t understand the problem. He’s digging at Kanye. Not that deep.

Even if he’s mocking Kanye, it is strange to me to use such a salute to make fun of a black man, even if he engages in anti-Semitic discourse. 

This is in no way a defense of Kanye and his vile antics, but… is this guy even Jewish? Idk it’s pretty uncomfortable for an obvious reason :rip: Gauche at best, anti-Semitic at worst.

so now suddenly atrl thinks its okay to do a nazi salute if its a satire? :biblio:

1 hour ago, Relampago. said:

Even if he’s mocking Kanye, it is strange to me to use such a salute to make fun of a black man, even if he engages in anti-Semitic discourse. 

This is in no way a defense of Kanye and his vile antics, but… is this guy even Jewish? Idk it’s pretty uncomfortable for an obvious reason :rip: Gauche at best, anti-Semitic at worst.

Exactly...chile

42 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

so now suddenly atrl thinks its okay to do a nazi salute if its a satire? :biblio:

Everyone saying he's doing a false salute cause it's with his other hand so it's suddenly ok lol

On 1/29/2023 at 6:08 AM, WhoWho said:

It's literally just a hand motion.

Here's some pics of other ATRL faves happily doing the "nazi salute". Should we cancel them too?

spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Correct, let's cancel all of them too while we're at it.

he's obviously making fun of kanye :skull: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.