Matty Healy from The 1975 under fire for doing the Nazi salute on stage.

Delirious

Absolutely disgusting. Even if it was done as a dig towards Kanye, it is still extremely offensive. It's like making a dig at someone who is anti-asian by saying the 'c word' or doing the slant eyes gesture which is obviously not ok. Also doesn't change the fact that he is racist towards Asian people. :biblio:

I also think it was done a day before the Holocaust remembrance Day or something.

If you're not Jewish you don't get to say what is or isn't offensive. I've seen many Jewish fans admit on Twitter that what he did was very insensitive.

#EllieVoodoo always wins in the end :coffee2:

Edited by Delirious

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• WhoWho

• Rose

• Lemonjuice

Racism against Asians is suddenly ok?

Edited by Delirious

Isn't he making fun of Kanye there?

But why is it that suddenly every white person wants to put nazism image and spokeperson on a black man? Every talk show host I watch when they start talking about white supremacy and Hitler, they bring out only Kanye and always Kanye? It's getting weird.

It's amazing what str8 white men can get away with under the guise of SaTiRe!!11! :rip:

He and that rancid band of his need to GO

he's been so insufferable lately. kissing fans onstage, eating raw meat and now this :snowman:

I dislike him, but the nazi salute is done with the right arm, it's an important distinction.

FKA twigs should get away from his asap

37 minutes ago, Rose said:

Twitter in a nutshell. 

Even worse, the world in a nutshell. Twitter is just the reflection.

Edited by Bonicap

Ew. He is ******* disgusting and ugly inside and out. 

Isn't he the one that recently dragged Michael Jackson for filth during the album promo? Virtue signaling will get you nowhere. It's always the ones with the worst skeletons in their closet that are the loudest in the room. Wow.

Edited by est. in 90s

literally what would possess someone to do this :deadbanana: he is such a weirdo yuck

It’s almost like he’s mocking Kanye by implying he’s a Nazi, some of you are WAY too sensitive. :deadbanana4:

57 minutes ago, The Next Day said:

I dislike him, but the nazi salute is done with the right arm, it's an important distinction.

46 minutes ago, Rose said:

Twitter in a nutshell. 

It shouldn't be done either way.

1 hour ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Isn't he making fun of Kanye there?

But why is it that suddenly every white person wants to put nazism image and spokeperson on a black man? Every talk show host I watch when they start talking about white supremacy and Hitler, they bring out only Kanye and always Kanye? It's getting weird.

Because Kanye has put it on himself? He’s publicly proclaimed his admiration for Hitler many times.

It's literally just a hand motion.

Here's some pics of other ATRL faves happily doing the "nazi salute". Should we cancel them too?

spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

58 minutes ago, WhoWho said:

It's literally just a hand motion.

Here's some pics of other ATRL faves happily doing the "nazi salute". Should we cancel them too?

spacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Holding a mic or pointing to the audience is NOT a nazi salute :skull:

At least his personality is insufferable like his music. We love the consistency! :clap3:

1 hour ago, WhoWho said:

spacer.png

💀

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.