ATRL: Do you ever feel this way?

AlanRickman1946

What is the message of this exactly? Some people get work done and put makeup on because it makes them feel good, not because they have to. Having a nice haircut, dressing nice, and exercising regularly genuinely makes me feel more alive and confident. This feels a bit like Stupid Girls by P!nk, and I think we've moved passed that. Nothing wrong with dressing up and putting on makeup.

15 minutes ago, FancyStars said:

Very empowering video. Beautiful.

Also, OMG. The verses of that song in the video reminded me a lot of Dua's "Physical". "So they like you" reminded me so much of "Don't you agree". Similar melody. 

Wait… you’re right.

OT: I mean yea sometimes, but I don’t internalize it much anymore. A very well done video though!

9 minutes ago, FancyStars said:

I honestly didn't know what the video was exactly about so I deleted my comment cuz I didn't know if my comment was ignorant or not by calling it "empowering". I just needed something to comment on the fact that the song reminded me of Dua's Physical 😭.

Lmaoo well you spilt

25 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

What is the message of this exactly? Some people get work done and put makeup on because it makes them feel good, not because they have to. Having a nice haircut, dressing nice, and exercising regularly genuinely makes me feel more alive and confident. This feels a bit like Stupid Girls by P!nk, and I think we've moved passed that. Nothing wrong with dressing up and putting on makeup.

Stupid girls is pink calling women stupid for conforming without examining why. This ic completely different.

6 minutes ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

Stupid girls is pink calling women stupid for conforming without examining why. This ic completely different.

It's not as aggressive, but it feels similar. People get very presumptuous when they see a woman wearing makeup and dressing up.

6 minutes ago, PoisonCandy said:

It's not as aggressive, but it feels similar. People get very presumptuous when they see a woman wearing makeup and dressing up.

Not similar to me:

This song examines the objectification of women for corporate gain and encourages women to stand up against it

I mean... you don't have to do that stuff, no one cares that you didn't, but I don't know why people who woke up and didn't get dressed still want a cookie. I'm not going to hate on someone who went out in sweats but when you do show up done up I'm going to tell you how fantastic you look that day. 🤷

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, magazine said:

like a plastic bag?

magazine

Took me a second 

It's so funny because the whole point of posting that TikTok was for clout and validation.... obviously with a message but still, for validation 💀

The truth is life is hard for everybody.

It's a constant struggle between "being yourself"/ "getting the attention of the others", "live the life you like"/"pay your bills", "be minimalist/enjoy your life at the most", "think of your happiness"/"think of the others", "be eco friendly"/"travel the world"

You can't have everything in life and you can't expect life to buy you flowers all the times. 

Just take a moment to define what are your aspiration in life and use it as a map.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.