HDD: Tomorrow x Together #1 160k, Sam Smith #8 38k, Lil Yachty #9 37k

Renan90

The quick lil' hits never translate to people actually being interested in the artist/album. Good luck to them.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• Yog

• Green

• Renan90

20 minutes ago, JanStan said:

Lol. No. Is this Billy Eichner or is it Todrick Hall? Stop insisting that gay people have to accept and like everything they gay people do and to not like it is internalized homophobia. Get a life and get off Twitter where you were obviously raised. 

Imma need you to expand on this because you literally just proved their point :rip:

I mean, after listening to Unholy and and INHTMF I'm not really keen on listening to the rest of the album lol. 

26 minutes ago, Headlock said:

Imma need you to expand on this because you literally just proved their point :rip:

I don’t know how I proved their point but my point was that those 2 I mentioned were asserting that gay people need to support their projects (Bros and Friends of Weho) because they were gay and it was good for representation blah blah blah. Like we are obligated to like it regardless of whether they are trash or not. The response to my reply was basically saying that if I didn’t support Sam then it was internalized homophobia which REEKED of the same flop thought process that Billie and Toderick have. 

Edited by JanStan
Typos galore

Sam has alienated the GP as much as they possibly could. A huge TikTok song couldn’t even save their image:rip:

7 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

These Sam numbers got me worried about our sis Miley. As we see, a huge HIT doesn't guaranty an album could sell:rip: 

Doesn't Miley have a decent fanbase? 

2 minutes ago, BigBangStan said:

Doesn't Miley have a decent fanbase? 

But her previous releases barely went above 70k. So I am not so sure about that aspect. I hope she will do over 100k or 200k

40 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

These Sam numbers got me worried about our sis Miley. As we see, a huge HIT doesn't guaranty an album could sell:rip: 

Plastic Hearts didn't have a big hit and it's eligible for Platinum (it also debuted at #2). And she was coming from a huge flop like Younger Now.

Miley won't have huge numbers with her next album but she could still do good if she plays well her cards

The problem with Sam is that they alienated their fanbase/GP support with songs/videos like Unholy.

2 minutes ago, Green said:

Plastic Hearts didn't have a big hit and it's eligible for Platinum (it also debuted at #2). And she was coming from a huge flop like Younger Now.

Miley won't have huge numbers with her next album but she could still do good if she plays well her cards

The problem with Sam is that they alienated their fanbase/GP support with songs/videos like Unholy.

We need Miley to do above 100k. I am not accepting anything under

1 hour ago, JanStan said:

I don’t know how I proved their point but my point was that those 2 I mentioned were asserting that gay people need to support their projects (Bros and Friends of Weho) because they were gay and it was good for representation blah blah blah. Like we are obligated to like it regardless of whether they are trash or not. The response to my reply was basically saying that if I didn’t support Sam then it was internalized homophobia which REEKED of the same flop thought process that Billie and Toderick have. 

There is difference between “not supporting” someone, and characterizing them as a non-binary equivalent of an internet troll for the way they “act” in dresses. Meanwhile, nothing that Sam does remotely fits this categorization unless you find a non-binary queer individual dressing and acting the way they want to (and is not even remotely equivalent to the crazy **** other popstars have worn/done) be “a walking meme” :)

1 hour ago, PopFan1996 said:

Miley was gonna open with more than this even if her lead tanked. She has a fandom and a years long consistent image and demographic she's been aiming her music to.

Sam, on the other hand, keeps throwing stuff at the wall until something sticks. And you just dont build a fanbase or grow GP interest doing that

6 minutes ago, alestevens said:

Miley was gonna open with more than this even if her lead tanked.

No one said she was going to debut with less. I know she will debut with more.  My point was that Sam Smith debuted 41k with Love Goes without a HIT. And now they're debuting with similar numbers with Gloria. So a HIT doesn't guaranty the album will debut with higher numbers

• ATRL Moderator

So, Charli potentially outsold Sam? :duca:  :deadbanana:

3 minutes ago, madonnas said:

So, Charli potentially outsold Sam? :duca:  :deadbanana:

I don't think people realize how impressive Charli numbers were.

Edited by Ger-55

Not gonna lie, very horrible numbers for Sam considering how big Unholy is :skull:

It was kinda obvious that Unholy wouldn’t have gotten him a hit album but.. this numbers are just :skull: I expected like 50K

Also sad to see SZA reign ending. Hope she’s back at #1 next week 

Yasss TXT finally hit #1 :clap3:

Soobin will be very happy! :jonnycat:

anyway Sam boombing hard as expected:coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.