Azealia leaves Parlophone

lovedaddy

On 1/26/2023 at 7:54 AM, ruefle said:

Logging back into my account here for the first time in ages just to pop off about this. WTFFFF, girl! Did you not see their pasty white faces before you signed on the dotted line?? You only NOW suddenly realize the label was *gasp* run by shady white people? And now we're supposed to be excited for “New Bottega” to drop on streaming later this week?? YOU ALREADY LEAKED IT MONTHS AGO. It's old news!!

B*tch, put an album out. It's been almost a decade. Give us a MUSIC VIDEO. Tired of this endless stream of random singles when you feel like it because you can't pull off anything more complicated by yourself.

This had to be her last chance. She's now pulled this move with two different labels in the past however many years. (The other was eOne.) Why waste the time on someone who is never going to follow through? And why is she wasting her time likewise? The music industry sucks; you hate it; move on and stop wasting your fans’ time, getting us excited over nothing.

How hard it is to get some producers to sign you over some beats, record some lyrics over them, and release the cruddy unmixed results in a Spotify playlist so we can bop a bit? Call it Fantasea II, make no money off it, and then go sell your soaps. UGH.

You said it. She screwed up a tour, she screwed up yet another label opportunity. No one will touch her from now on - and she can fume and sh*ttalk all she looks on IG. She could have had a massive career but her own lack of professionalism, the same professionalism that is required of anyone in almost any job... Like she'll always be funny and she'll always have a few cute bops, but yeah, her legacy will be of being a messy IG commentator with some 2010s hits

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lovedaddy

• ChapelHooker

• Alex

• MusicIsMyMaster

You have artists who are stuck with their label for years, sometimes unable to release music and then you have Azealia, switching labels every two weeks. :deadbanana2:

Idk if everything i ever did always ended in some blow ip scandel i would start to think “hmmmm maybe i’m the problem???”

I genuinely would love to be a fly on the wall in the Parlophone meeting rooms when they were weighing whether to take a chance on signing her and now that it inevitably went up in flames

Hx1YSjS.gif

60k would have made her go in to debt? Or am I missing something. Anyway. What a flop. Should never have been signed. 

They way everyone gets so riled up everytime... lol. This woman does not change, and I'm not saying anything bad about it. But I think everyone sets the expectations to a different place. Forget about potential and what she could be and just take her for the truth she's been giving. She works her soap shop to fund her music. She just needs to be indie, too bad she can't get any grants. I still know she plans on releasing more music this year as a lot of promo was made on her end for her own idea. I.e icy pisces. I saw a lyric video coming together from her for it. I would give more info but there there'd be no information for me to give later on if I said more now. 

Another thing too is like the entitlement in here... :deadbanana4: Azealia doesn't owe anyone anything really except to herself. She has her music and is working on doing it her way, you'd think after 10 years of this you'd all get the drift and not get so wired up about it. Its honestly laughable. 

31 minutes ago, thesecondwave said:

They way everyone gets so riled up everytime... lol. This woman does not change, and I'm not saying anything bad about it. But I think everyone sets the expectations to a different place. Forget about potential and what she could be and just take her for the truth she's been giving. She works her soap shop to fund her music. She just needs to be indie, too bad she can't get any grants. I still know she plans on releasing more music this year as a lot of promo was made on her end for her own idea. I.e icy pisces. I saw a lyric video coming together from her for it. I would give more info but there there'd be no information for me to give later on if I said more now. 

******* finally... if this is true and she somehow manages to get it released mastered and all that I will forgive her for all the mess

Saw this coming a mile away. Any label would be crazy to sign her.

Sad that she still hasn’t learned that her big ass mouth continues to land her in shitty positions on this industry. She should be glad that anyone wants to sign and work with her nasty, ungrateful and rude ass in the year 2023. She had so much potential, but she let the bit of fame she once had go to her head and thinks she’s obligated to speak her mind 25/8, but it only makes things worse. She needs intensive therapy and maybe then should she attempt to focus on what’s left of her music career.

How can you be in the music industry for this long and not be aware that you have to play by THEIR rules until you’re big enough to make your own? 

She is still thinking she’s as desirable as she was when 212 dropped but the reality is, she’s a messy has been who burnt every bridge she ever made. 

She has had every opportunity in her grasp and managed to ruin every single one. 

This clearly isn’t the industry for her, she needs to get back to selling witchcraft courses or whatever side hustle she is doing nowadays. 

She is mentally ill and potentially a drug addict - and a great musician. It’s very simple. I hope she gets the help she needs, genuinely :heart:

Meanwhile New Bottega is n/a on streaming services.

Idk, I am kinda getting stunt vibes from this.. like if she signed the deal, how could she be let go from it so easily?

I will believe anything from here when she comes out with the results, until then, everything she says is a bunch of nothings. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.