Are steroids becoming normalized for the fitness community?

Sweet Sexy Savage

With so many forums and online discussions on whether a bodybuilder is “natty” or not, you can’t deny that steroids have become an increasingly popular subject to discuss in the fitness community. 
However, it seems like more and more people are becoming open with taking these steroids, despite its current illegal status for human use. With this in mind, I find myself wondering if what fitness influencers are selling with short length workout programs is supplemented with their usage of steroids(some not all). 

What do you guys think?

Sort of. I think body building has become normalized and steroids have always been a part of that. It sounds strange to say but there was a time when looking that way was considered freakish and now just about every straight guy is obsessed with body builder physique.

9 minutes ago, Domination said:

Sort of. I think body building has become normalized and steroids have always been a part of that. It sounds strange to say but there was a time when looking that way was considered freakish and now just about every straight guy is obsessed with body builder physique.

Straight and gay. The use of steroids is very common among gay men. 

Yeah, I've actually noticed the same. People seem to be talking about it a lot more openly and being praised for doing so..? I mean, good for them for being honest, but at the same time funneling steroids isn't exactly going to help our youth in the long term or whatever these fitness influencers claim their ultimate goal is.

absolutely. bodybuilding/ weightlifting in general is so prevalent among male youth nowadays. kids are going to the gym younger and younger it's so sad.

Yes. It’s crazy how common it is now until you start working out yourself and realize you can never achieve those dreamt-about goals because they’re unrealistic and unnatural :rip:

Yes, the hot straight friend fromy gym offered me steroids last summer, I said "no thanks" :rip:

It's frustruating not having that big bodybuilder physic but at least you remain healthy so health > look

Absolutely and it's really unfortunate how normalized extreme physiques are within gym culture.

12 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

Yes, the hot straight friend fromy gym offered me steroids last summer, I said "no thanks" :rip:

It's frustruating not having that big bodybuilder physic but at least you remain healthy so health > look

The real winner here when it comes to this is health! 

6 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

If it’s illegal then how are they getting it ? :rip:

Do you know how easy it is to get roids? Just go to a gym frequently enough and you’ll be offered. You could even buy it online 

22 minutes ago, Tropez said:

Do you know how easy it is to get roids? Just go to a gym frequently enough and you’ll be offered. You could even buy it online 

I wasn’t aware how easy it is to get them. I guess it’s only offered to the them who seem to be lifting weights everyday aka gym rats :michael: 

I genuinely wish I was brainless enough to take them. 

Would've had an insta influencer bod by now. 

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

I genuinely wish I was brainless enough to take them. 

Would've had an insta influencer bod by now. 

Ikr?!

Yes. It's about time these fitness bros start being honest about how they get their bodes besides "I work really hard and eat well!" 

Yes and not gonna like sometimes I’m like **** it and wanna take it cause it’s frustrating that I will never get my dream physique without them 

most of those guys on insta or TikTok serving Greek gods body are most likely taking some of them 

you guys still realise that you still need to lift hard to get that body even with steroids right :rip: 

Not even "becoming", they became "normalized" since awhile at this point.

The ones who are not taking them these days are exceptions.

Remember that guy who claimed to only eat raw meat only to be exposed as someone who took steroids.

It’s always been that way. People are just talking about it more. 

I absolutely despise the social media fitness community. These people have severe body dysmorphia and I can't even believe how they tear themselves down mentally. It's even worse they chose it as some sort of career. Their career ends as soon as life happens for them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.